Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

License suspended for failing drug test?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Xenfire, Aug 30, 2012.

1. My friend just told me that he has to pass 3 drug tests given by his doctor or his drivers license will be suspended. He's diabetic and apparently since he has diabetes they are allowed to do this.. Doesn't seem right to me. We live in Ontario Canada if that helps with any answers.

What do you think blades? I don't know much about diabetes but that just seems fucked up.. Can't cannabis be used to treat diabetes?

2. That makes absolutely no sense and is completely illegal unless he's on probation too.

3. Not on probation, clean record in terms of drugs. Apparently your license can be suspended for "improper diabetes care" and drugs fall into that. He hasn't even done anything that would make them think he drives under the influence, but he is only 17 and his dad brought up the fact that he smokes because his A1C hemoglobin was high (don't ask me what that means hahaha). Could him not being 18 yet make a difference?

This is what he's telling me, but it doesn't seem right at all.. he's being forced into a test just because life dealt him a shitty hand and he got diabetes? Fucked up.

4. Damn well I'm in the us so I can't help you out that much not familiar with Canada's laws

5. [quote name='"Xenfire"']Not on probation, clean record in terms of drugs. Apparently your license can be suspended for "improper diabetes care" and drugs fall into that. He hasn't even done anything that would make them think he drives under the influence, but he is only 17 and his dad brought up the fact that he smokes because his A1C hemoglobin was high (don't ask me what that means hahaha). Could him not being 18 yet make a difference?

This is what he's telling me, but it doesn't seem right at all.. he's being forced into a test just because life dealt him a shitty hand and he got diabetes? Fucked up.[/quote]

How old are you?

6. Not sure of Canadian law, but if doctor patient confidentially is the same there as in the US then unless its a felony the doctor cannot say anything to anyone about THC in his system, considering he is 18 or whatever the legal age of being an adult is.