License revoked for possession?

Discussion in 'General' started by halfstoned, Jul 1, 2013.

1. well 6 months ago I it pulled over and got caught with a half oz of marijuana. they only charge me with possession not intent to distribute. the judge suspended my license for 6 months and issued me a fine to pay. I called the DMV today and they say my license is revoked and that I need to take all my driving tests over and pay them a reinstating fee of 150$. now how the fuck did this come to be? can someone please shed some light on this? this is my first offense btw.

2. Did you pay all of your fines? Court fees, the fine the judge handed down, the license suspension termination fees? I know in my state you have to pay a fee at the end of your license suspension to get it reinstated. If you don't pay all of those fees, it ends with your license getting revoked.

3. the only 2 fines I'm aware of is the one from the court and the reinstating fee from DMV. I just recently learned of the dmv fee and did not know I had a certain amount of time to pay off the fees before my license was revoked. they did not mention of doing any such thing in the papers the court sent me. after 6 months of being out in the country (20 miles from city) I thought I would finally have my license so I can get a job. the only thing that's been stopping me from employment is transportation. but when I called to find out how much I owed, they told me that. now that after all these 6 months I find out its revoked its just like fuck it.

4. Ok curious but what state was you caught in maily cause I am in ohio and just causght a possession myself also I am given the option to just pay the ticket was you given that option as well?? If so why did you go to court. I personally believe that we are so close to becoming legal here in ohio that i want to try to beat the charged because i have a perfect record although I am retired and not concerned about the charge as much as the challenge maybe idk

5. unfortunately I'm in VA. they did give me a fine from the court ( like 250$) to pay off by a certain month to avoid suspension. but the judge wrote on the paper they mailed to me "license has been suspended for 6 months" . it was all pretty confusing and my parents kept on saying that if I payed off the fine it would still be suspended because of what the judge wrote. also I wasn't able to make it to court on the scheduled date because of my car battery being dead, so he addressed me as guilty through a letter in the mail. they however never did give me a option to pay off any fines before the actual court date .

6. Yeah, they don't tell you anything. They expect you to either ask while you're still at court, or call to ask questions and find out.

It's a business, and they make a ton of money not being entirely forthcoming, and being confusing as fuck.

You need to call the county registrar and find out exactly how much you still owe to them so you can work on getting your license reinstated.

7. They want your money more than anything! I had a DWI for pot a while back and I ended up spending thousands and loosing my license for a year, then having to pay to have it re-instated. I had to sell my music equipment just to pay the state off. Fuck the system!!!

8. Damn I'm sorry to hear that. its just real fucked up how the government treats people. how do they expect people to get a job when there doing shit like this? its kind of hard to work when the nearest town is about 20 miles away

9. You're not alone man, my license got suspended for a year for having a half ounce on me. I'm in California and they'll rape you through the system