liberty caps ??

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by wein-dog12, Oct 11, 2009.

1. I hate to be Debbie Downer but without a mycologist it's all a guessing game.

PRO TIP: The Shroomery may yield better answers about mushrooms. We're just stoners over here. The mushroom kids oughta be able to help out better.

2. #3 wein-dog12, Oct 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2009
    the mushrooms i have definitly classifie as a "lbm" they have a brown conical cap and grayish gills they have a thin stem

edit: ok thanks

3. That doesn't mean anything.
    There are a bunch of mushrooms out there that resemble active mushrooms, yet aren't active at all and could potentially be deadly poisonous.
    You best bet is to take some photos of you mushrooms and spore prints and send them over to the guys at shroomery.org
    or find someone who has a lot of experience in the field...

Don't eat unidentified mushrooms!
    People get violently ill off of eating the wrong ones--like puking blood til you die kind of sick haha.

4. im not an idoit i have no inclinations on eating any mushrooms without knowing what they are first but hey asking questions cant hurt, can it ?

5. do liberty caps bruise blue because i found more mushrooms that actully look like the liberty caps and they bruises blue ??

6. bruising blue is a good indication they have psychoactive properties to them

7. yeah but not all mushrroms that bruise blue are fit to eat

8. generally if it has a nipple its most likely a liberty cap
    all species have some variations in a population
    colour size etc

the shroomery has alot of good info
    this is a forum for weed
    not shrooms

take care
    most mushrooms are NOT poisonous many are simply inedible
    and most mushrooms that look like libertys are inedible
    you do need a good few libertys to have a good time

9. Liberty caps are my fav of all psilocybin mushrooms, and they're fairly easy to identify.. Unfortunately before we can make any kind of identification, we need some quality pics of the actual mushrooms you have.. DO NOT eat them without making spore prints

10. Are you confused cos of the colour? a dark brown colour means they are very wet, probably picked after a downpour.
    The grey/white/pale yellowy ones are alot dryer and look like that in the field if it has been fairly sunny. Also if you pick the shrooms when they are wet (dark brown) after a day or so of drying they will look like the whiter ones and then after another day they should be fairly dried out.

That's my 2 cents anyway. If it's not a colour thing then this info is void XD

11. Good point, I forgot to mention that. Also in my experience of picking libs, true libs have sort of a clear film over the cap that you can see when you rip a cap apart, but this doesn't necessarily mean it's a lib, just a good indicator if everything else checks out.. It's just a sort of quick test I do in the field sometimes

12. anyone know any common look-alikes of libs ?

13. Called Not-Libs.

Do a spore print if you think you have some look alikes and are unsure if they are libs or not. Not sure if the season's this long or not, but if you're in northern Canada I'm thinking it's too cold by now, and as for the areas closer to the states (towards the west and east though not so much central) I think it's getting too cold as well.