Libertarian Youth Are The 2nd Generation Of The Next Stage Of Human Evolution

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TheJourney, Oct 18, 2012.

1. #1 TheJourney, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2012
    This is a time of radical change in the world. A real evolution of the human species. It began with the explosion of the hippie movement. This was a massive movement, and I'm sure many here wish we could get that spirit back. However, the masses involved in this movement were not particularly educated. Thus, they were seen as chaotic, and uninformed. They were to some degree, and this is why the real, drastic change to the world could not happen.

This could not come until the 2nd generation of the 'New Breed,' as Timothy Leary called them. The beginning pioneers of a new stage of human evolution. First of all, the 2nd generation, which is to bring the real change to the world, had to be by and large more educated. This had to coincide with an improvement to the technology, such that information would be more easily available. The internet had to come first.

Now the internet is here. The youth are educating themselves through the Internet. The 60's brought the first generation, the hippies. The 2nd generation is best seen through the libertarian movement among the youth. This was demonstrated by the massive popularity of Ron Paul among the youth, especially demonstrated online, and his message of individual freedom. Note that I am not saying that these people are confined to the libertarian movement, or that the two are exactly synonymous. I am simply stating that the libertarian movement among the youth is the best example of a 'group' which demonstrates the principles of the next stage of human evolution.

2. Well I dont want to assign myself labels and such but I identify largely with the premises of Libertarianism. As for being the next stage of human evolution I think I will leave that to the Newtypes......

3. I agree, this is something VERY big

I too think this is a shift in consciousness, the next step in our species evolutionary process. I agree with everything you said O.P. and I'm very happy/surprised to see your into Dr. Leary as well.

4. I agree that libertarianism is a huge evolutionary advancement for humanity. I don't know about the second generation thing though. The libertarian philosophy had its genesis in the 17th century. There's been lots of generations since its birth.

5. Quite a pompous statement.

6. Evolution is a biological process ~changes in our DNA~ that takes billions of years.

It has nothing to do with political trends of the last several decades, or even the last several centuries.

7. [quote name='"Bajhshot"']Well I dont want to assign myself labels and such but I identify largely with the premises of Libertarianism. As for being the next stage of human evolution I think I will leave that to the Newtypes......[/quote]

It's not assigning your self a label it's a word that describes your belief system.

8. The next step in human evolution, which I believe is undergoing now, is cyborginism (which will become a word!)

9. #9 TheJourney, Oct 18, 2012
    I did not mean that this is the 2nd generation of libertarianism. I'm not only speaking of a political ideology here, but merely saying the libertarian trend is a manifestation of something larger. This time period represents a major step in the evolution of humanity. With space travel, widescale usage of certain drugs, computers/internet, quantum physics, and genetics, we are in a major phase of evolution.

Individuals of this evolutionary current first broke out in large scale with the hippie movement in the 60's. There is going to be another outbreak of these people, the 2nd generation of this evolutionary current, and this one will change the world. The group this current is best seen in is the current libertarian movement found among the youth.

10. [quote name='"Pulsewidth"']The next step in human evolution, which I believe is undergoing now, is cyborginism (which will become a word!)[/quote]

Why not just cyborgism?

Yeah I'm all for people thinking rationally and having access to lots of new and old information, but evolutionary changes aren't really noticeable until.. well, until after the fact.

11. #11 TheJourney, Oct 18, 2012
    It is likely genetic evolution will be apparent when individuals begin leaving the planet for space. This is the inevitable next migration. It will be as when life moved from water to land.

12. what are they doing exactly?

13. I don't think he's referring to...developing the ability to breathe under water or any sort of physical change. He (or at least I) am referring to a shit in consciousness, psychological evolution. Our species is incredible, capable of so much, but it has taken thousands of years for us to adjust to this chaotic universe, and be at peace with one another. Slowly over time, we have made strides in establishing human rights, and now we're ready to take the next step. I

Just imagine if our species cooperated, and networked. No racism, no feelings of superiority, only understanding and forgiveness and the desire to spread positivity to one another, absolute peace.

That is the life I want to live, and it's possible. Anybody who has ever spoken or spread a smilier message, seems to be killed. Anybody who challenges the financial oligarchy, is too, killed.

But now it is our time to take what is ours, for we are one.

14. [quote name='"TheJourney"'] It will be as when life moved from water to land.[/quote]

:confused: How? Water contained oxygen, and we still need water. Space does not contain oxygen, which all life forms require, so how.. I'm confused. How is oxygen deprivation the next step in DNA evolution?

15. Primarily the retraction of gravity. We already go in space. We just haven't migrated yet.

16. [quote name='"TheJourney"']

Primarily the retraction of gravity. We already go in space. We just haven't migrated yet.[/quote]

I don't think migration will become possible until we can create self-sustaining environments. Even then, we're reasonably limited to the moon.

17. Way back in the 70's, a physicity by the name of Gerard O'neal released plans where we could create space colonies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O'Neill_cylinder

We have those capabilities already, it has just not yet been pursued. Yet there is some movement. "Mars One" is a project that is being developed, where they are sending people to live on Mars. Similarly, the company 'Virgin' is developing private space shuttles.

The issue of deep space travel is still something of an issue, due to current limitations of speed. Yet there is no doubt in my mind we will solve that as well, at which point the relativity of time, as demonstrated by Einstein, will be utilized. Time will then become severely dilated, and we will be able to travel vast distances in very little time.

18. [quote name='"TheJourney"']

Way back in the 70's, a physicity by the name of Gerard O'neal released plans where we could create space colonies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O%27Neill_cylinder

We have those capabilities already, it has just not yet been pursued. Yet there is some movement. "Mars One" is a project that is being developed, where they are sending people to live on Mars. Similarly, the company 'Virgin' is developing private space shuttles.

The issue of deep space travel is still something of an issue, due to current limitations of speed. Yet there is no doubt in my mind we will solve that as well, at which point the relativity of time, as demonstrated by Einstein, will be utilized. Time will then become severely dilated, and we will be able to travel vast distances in very little time.[/quote]

That's awesome! It still utilizes gravity, though.

It's also limited to moon-materials, which may not be found often on other planets. Then again, if we can make it from moon-materials, we can probably do it from other space rocks as well.

I'm curious where the supplies to sustain life long-term come from.

19. No they aren't. Genetically there is no liberatarian youth.

20. I'm firmly libertarian and my brother announced himself a libertarian this election.. the majority of my family ideologically sides with libertarians but they just dont know it yet. As far as I can tell they will not be voting Obama or Romney which makes me very proud.