Libertarian Growers?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by RenegadeFarmer, Apr 27, 2018.

1. I'm all for lassiez fair legalization. I live in Washington and the year it was legalized was the same year that liquor sales were privatized. Our state just got out of one business and into the other. It's heavily regulated and taxed here. All the I-502 bill did was ruin the medical industry.

"~In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught.~"

• Like Like x 1
  2. I don't grow yet and I'm not really sure where I fall on the political scale but I like a lot of what libertarians have to say.

Off topic but some of the others in the tread are talking about it but I also lived in Chicago and moved to Colorado. Went from Irving park to the north woods of Wisconsin to save up some money to Colorado.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nomad here...

... moving isnt hard

4. I'm only about 60 miles as the crow flies from chicago, and on the right day we can smell it...and gary. And much like you, I have an absolute disdain for everything chicago. I try to avoid it at all costs...which is tough because my wife and i like going to concerts and comic cons lol.

5. Yea I missed a concert I wanted to see because it was in Chicago

• Like Like x 1
  6. ahh wisconsin...my home state. I used to love madison, it was my favorite city by far...now though...the fucking whack jobs have taken over. There was an article in the paper the other day, that the police chief had to respond to people complaining about the five gun military salute at military funerals. Someone actually had the gall to draw up a proposal to stop the 5 gun salute because of how "insensitive" it is. Thankfully the mayor put a stop on that real quick..

7. I share some libertarian views but I don't grow. I live at home and the pot is frowned upon here. Sucks because it's a legal state now and if I want to smoke I have to hide it. Gotta finish my education and get out...

8. so the hard line libertarian would be against the taxation of the sales. Me, well, mostly a hardline libertarian I would be fine with taxation of sales, why? because its a massive step forward for the movement and quite honestly, the only way it would ever be legalized in the states, sadly. Eventually enough people with the right mindset will be in the congress and get this shit changed. Especially if they can get some damn term limits in place.

• Like Like x 1
  9. The more they tax it, the more likely it is that people will continue to rely on the black market for their weed because that is tax free and isn't gong away. It also helps to keep those channels open for other reasons, as weed isn't the only reason to hit up their dude for many people...

• Like Like x 1
  10. A few years ago I was shown what type of libertarian I was but it was easier to say Im a deplorable. Im living proof that the fallacy of those of the right are against weed, is not even close to being true.

11. No, you are living proof that views on the right side of the scale are changing for the better.

[​IMG]

:smoke:

12. No ICGreen, I been pro weed since I was 14 when my sis got me high for the first time so no my views havent changed, they been pro weed for a long time.
    The problem with polls is they are designed to give the answer someone wants before the poll is ever taken. It usually already has a preconceived concept behind it. Look at the last presidential election. All the polls leading up for months and months to the election had Hilliary winning by a huge landslide. Most polls had her over 10 points in the lead, yet election night every single one of those poles was proven to be wrong.
    I know many people just like me. They lean right, middle working class, early 50's and very pro weed. Thinking that those on the right are mostly anti cannabis is as much of a misconception as the polls claiming Hillary would of won. Its just not true.
    Think of it this way. Last I heard %67 of the nation is pro legalization. How can the numbers be that high if not for many right leaners also supporting it? Think about it.

13. You misunderstand, I am not saying that Your views have changed, I am saying as a whole the right's views are changing.

Look at the poll results and you can see why the total numbers are in favor.
    Don't believe the silly hype about all polls being flawed, nor tainted for certain results.
    That is hyperbolic and more towards the efforts to get folks to distrust everything they once had faith in.

That particular poll is slightly dated, but aggravates the numbers very well.
    Indeed more and more are accepting the inevitable and that is great, but you can't determine the entire class from your limited environment (Nor can I in mine).

Spread the word.

:smoke:

14. Bob Dylan said many years ago in song, the times they are a changing. Thats very apt today too. I doubt in 10 years if the nation or any state will still have any anti cannabis laws on the books.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I hope you are right, I am optimistic, but to be realistic, that would surprise me.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Libertarians and AnCaps! Howdy boys. Havent been growing lately since I'm renting from an ex-sheriff, but once i get something bought, you cant bet I'll be getting back into it.

• Like Like x 1