Liberals and the Violence Card

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dronetek, Apr 24, 2010.

1. A great OpEd by Rush Limabugh in the WSJ:

Rush Limbaugh: Liberals and the Violence Card - WSJ.com
    Not much to say, I've been saying this for a long time now. I think the spin of this latest illegal immigration protest is a great example of how the media lies for causes it agrees with. Of course no mention of a mostly Hispanic and violent protest by the media. No, that is saved for those damn white crackers who don't like Obama.

2. By the way. this is what the hypocrite Bill Clinton said concerning violent protests against Bush:

When It Came to Rioting Anarchists, Clinton Said Violent People Aren't Representative

Is anyone really surprised?

3. Violence is true weakness.

4. Rush is the only voice of reason in the sea of madness.

Thank God for Rush Limbaugh.

5. I find it incredibly difficult to see the words "great" and "rush limbaugh" in the same sentence. The man is a loon. I'd also like to point to his views on marijuana, as I'd assume you both partake. Those views alone represent madness.

This entire article paints things as black and white, and it isn't the case. I think the left stance on violence is described well by the recent attempt at signing a joint agreement (I think between Kaine and Steele) condemning all acts of violence in the name of politics. The republicans refused, because they claimed they had done enough to condemn them.

One of the major issues in the recent acts of violence involve their relationship to politicians.

Republican politicians are saying things like
    "Thomas Jefferson said the Tree of Liberty will be fed by the blood of tyrants and patriots. You are the modern day patriots."- Rep. Michael McCaul (R-TX)

AUDIENCE MEMBER: I'm a proud right-wing terrorist. …
    Rep. Wally Herger (R-CA): Amen god bless you, there's a great American.

Michelle Bachman (R-MN): I want people in Minnesota armed and dangerous on this issue of the energy tax because we need to fight back.

Palin claiming now is the time to "reload", and places gun-sights on different democratic congressmen.

Is there violence on both sides? There most certainly is. But do you see democrats actively promoting it? Telling those immigrant protesters to throw bigger things than water bottles and trash?

When that audience member said he was a terrorist, the representative should have criticized that rhetoric and condemned it. Instead, he chose to directly embrace it.

That final point is a little over the top. To imply that we are "comfortable" with the violence is morally repugnant. So democratic politicians are "comfortable" receiving death threats against their families? Or being called homophobic/racist slurs? That's outrageous.

And it is highly ignorant to pretend that violence is the centerpiece of the "demonization" of our "opponents". Without violence, there are plenty of reasons to demonize insurance companies that drop you the moment you get sick, gambling bankers who push our economy to the precipice of destruction, and crazy pundits that spew hatred and lies. I can assure you, we would much rather have no violence or threats. It's still pretty easy to demonize that which is demonic.

6. Wow I didn't know people were born either left or right :rolleyes: What of the average Joe in a country like Belarus? Is it "in his DNA" to be a left-winger? Or does he have some super crazy hybrid genetic mutation which makes him a political Frankenstein? Maybe he's like Rush; not too bright but very loud, and consequently, it is embedded in his genetic sequence that he must come out to be a neo-con. Hahahahahahahaha.

Man, Rush is a whole new level of retarded. He thinks that Wall Street is the opponent of Obama? Insurance companies? This guy needs to stop talking because he has absolutely no idea what he's saying. Then again it's just angry right-winger ranting with very little substance, so I suppose very few people listen to him anyways.

7. I think you missed the point. his point is that its the media and Democrats painting all opposition to Obama racist or terrorism. You're supposed to get the message when you see your hypocritical stance, but apparently it went over your head.

The fact remains our media continues to demonize tea parties as dangerous and violent, even when no violence has ever been produced from them. Conversely, the left wing protests over the last 8 years were marked by fires, breaking things and battles with riot cops. Yet, no such demonetization of those protests happened by the Dems or media. Certainly not by the president, like Obama has done. Not to mention the acts of violence we have seen, have come from the left:

-SEIU thugs beating up black man
    -anti-abortion protester shot and killed
    -IRS plane bombing
    -Maj. Hassan murders

Its a fact of history and part of what America is.

Do you know what sarcasm is? Like the Hannity "McVeigh" comment, it was meant to be a sarcastic shot at the media smearing these people as terrorists or extremists.

Its all part of the political language. You know, "Battleground states" and "take back our country". All language used by Democrats and it seems to be fine.

You seem to think media spin is reality. None of these people is promoting violence and there has been no violence. On the other hand, the white house told people to "punch back twice as hard" and SEIU thugs carried it out.

White House to Democrats: 'Punch back twice as hard' - Carrie Budoff Brown - POLITICO.com
    Two days later:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBdbTVUeay8]YouTube - Obama Thugs Punch Twice As Hard[/ame]

How about Al Sharpton and his crusade against the Duke Lacrosse players? That seemed to incite some hatred too:

White couple was carjacked, tortured, raped, and murdered by a group of black thugs

How about Maxine Waters and her incitement of violence that lead to violent protests?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRxLapuQcww]YouTube - Maxine Waters - Hypocrite[/ame]

You're REALLY buying in to that left wing propaganda bud. No such thing ever happened.

His point is that its nothing new, but the media is making a big issue of it now in order to smear Obama's critics. Why has the media been going on and on about racism and violence from the tea parties that doesn't exist? Yet, they say nothing when Democrats commit violence? Where is the media hysteria about Democrats inciting violence? You claim its because it doesn't happen, but unfortunately its all documented. Just not by the MSM.

8. Actually.....

Study finds left-wing brain, right-wing brain - latimes.com

The irony is your post proves his point, but it went way over your head, so you dont even realize it. Where are you when the MSM has been throwing out these accusations the last year? No, you only get outraged when Rush dare suggest the same thing of the other side. There by proving you're a hypocrite who's outrage is dependent on media propaganda.

9. I'm not saying the left is innocent. Violence comes from both sides. And your examples are horrendous. First you seem to claim these are the "acts of violence that we have seen". Are you claiming the right has caused no violence? Because that's a joke.

And uhhh yea the IRS plane? Definitely purely right. Anger over high taxation and the government. What, did he bomb them because he wanted higher taxes and more government control?

And the Hassan murders... He's a freakin muslim who hates America! To equate "crazy muslim" with "left" is a bit of a stretch.

Now your attempt at downplaying the specific violent statements are laughable at best.

You aren't even denying the fact that it was violent rhetoric. Just because in the past, political violence was needed (to gain our independence) doesn't mean it should be used to rile up a crowd regarding the passage of a health care bill. That congressman is directly condoning violence.

Considering the IQ of the average tea party member, I highly doubt that was the intent. When it comes to healthcare, they often embrace words like that, along with "revolution".

And if it was sarcastic, the congressman could have easily laughed at it, claiming "Yea, the damn left wing media is trying to brush us off as some kind of extremists!" or something. But that's not even close to what he said.

Telling people to be "armed and dangerous" in their opposition to a bill is ENTIRELY different than "battleground states" and "taking back our country". Cmon dude... You are smarter than that...

Ah yes, when the white house used the metaphor to "punch back twice as hard" against anti-reform lies, they were directly instructing SEIU members to use physical violence! Makes perfect sense!

The promotion of violence in the tea parties is undeniable to any rational person. But are the democrats saying "Take your guns and defend your government against the infidel tea parties!", yelling racial/homophobic slurs at congressmen, or directly inciting violence? Hell no.

So it NEVER happened? Before you said he was being sarcastic, now it "never happened"? What is it?

I'm in class right now so I can't check the audio. This should be the clip of it happening.
    Rep. Wally Herger Praises "Right Wing Terrorist" at Town Hall | Video Cafe

None of your arguments reference elected officials (except for your lame attempt at Obama), while every single one of my examples is a Republican elected official.

Are there crazies on each side that incite violence? Of course! We have the examples you listed, while the right has murdered abortion doctors in churches in front of children, beaten and killed minorities and homosexuals, and bombed buildings. The point I'm trying to make is that Republican elected officials are directly condoning violent rhetoric, and that's something no elected official should do.

Tim Kaine presents a document condemning ALL acts of violence in the name of politics, and Michael Steele won't sign it. How do you explain that?

10. This thread is a perfect example of the false left/right paradigm perpetuated by the 2 parties and the media.

11. [​IMG]

12. I'm claiming the tea parties haven't.

From what I've read he was an anti-capitalist, registered Democrat. He also ended his suicide note with two Marxist quotes.

The Manifesto Of Austin Texas Crash Pilot Joseph Andrew Stack
    The Pentagon shooter, another registered Democrat and anti-Bush fanatic. Even though the media tried to claim he was also a tea party person.

Michelle Malkin

Maybe, but there is some over lapping rhetoric.

No, its just that you're exaggerating people's statements based on partisan, Fox like spin of what these people said. Its like this video that is popular from folks like you:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaUOhNqNb00]YouTube - Sean Hannity Say Tea Partiers are Tim McVeigh Wannabes[/ame]

Its used as proof that "the right in incited violence". Its not, its Hannitry and people who know what hes talking about, taking a sarcastic swipe at the media and Democrats like this guy:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k9P0N1bSgo]YouTube - Rep. Brian Baird accuses protesters of driving people to violence like Timothy McVeigh[/ame]

Again with the popular left wing talking points. You dont really seem to know what you're talking about. A recent study showed that tea party backers are highly educated. YOu need to actually meet some and stop taking Keith Olbermann's word for it.

Like I said, the people who know what they're talking about, knew what was up. You're going off what the left is spinning and depending on them not to mislead you.

Are you totally blind to your own hypocrisy or what?

More completely baseless accusations that you're repeating thanks to insensate media misinformation. You know none of the people who originally made the claims will do interviews, or have recanted their tall tales? Why is it that a $100,00 reward couldn't produce evidence with all the cameras and mics in the area? It didn't happen.

washingtonpost.com

This is weeks after the MSM reported it anyway.....

More sarcasm being taken completely out of context. You don't realize how you are doing exactly what these people are making fun of.

Just because you keep repeating it, doesn't make it so. All you're doing is making up crap and taking quotes out of context based on left wing spin. Nothing I say will change your position, so its pointless.

13. "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."-- Hermann Goring

14. *facepalm*

ya!!1 if u pres M u r liberul!! n if u pres W u r consarvative!111!!! YA dats how it wurks!!! withuot a doubt dat is concreet scientific evidance!11

I'm seriously having trouble understanding how someone could possibly think that being left or right is a neuroscientific or genetic matter. You must have done poorly in science class to not understand something as foolish as this.

Do you know how long those terms have been used for? Do you know how long mankind has been around for? Do you understand that those words are byproducts of our own imagination? Nobody is left or right inherently as a matter of genetics; it is an artificial term that people subscribe to in an attempt to throw a blanket generalization over everyone's unique perspectives. Science does this a lot, such as the term "schizophrenia" for example, it's used to describe between ten-fifteen different metabolic disorders, but we lump it together into one category. That is a reductionistic mistake.

Same thing goes for that article. They asked volunteers for their political orientation, had them sit down and press a key or two on a keyboard, then magically came up with the conclusion that political orientation is a matter of genetic expression in the brain? Wow. Okay. :rolleyes:

What's over my head? Please enlighten me Drone, you're like, the smartest man in the world when it comes to this thing, so I would appreciate it very much if you straightened me out and gave me the ultimate perspective on the political happenings of the United States. I don't know how this world would be okay without you man, you contribute such an astounding sense of understanding when it comes to neo-con propaganda that I almost want to call you Jesus Junior. The Political Prophet. The Millennium Messiah.

Tell me, since it's way over my head and I don't even realize it, how is Obama against insurance companies? How is Obama against Wall Street?

I probably wasn't paying attention, like usual. I never watch the news. In fact, I had no idea who Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'rly, Glenn Beck, Keith Olbermann, Dylan Ratigan, etc etc were until a few weeks ago. And I still have not seen a single episode of their shows yet. Just clips posted from GC; and, to be honest, I can't tell the difference between any of them. They're all brainwashed into thinking there are two parties when there's not.

15. We all know there is violence on both sides. Shootings, bombings, attacks on congressman. There will always be crazies.

The point I'm trying to drive at is how the elected officials handle it. The GOP seems to ignore it, condone it, and refuse attempts to condemn it when offered a chance to condemn all violence by the democrats.

16. Violence is an expression of the inability to mentally shit on someone.

(The difference of course occuring in terms of boxing/ufc/sport fighting, etc)