Liberal Students Unwilling to Redistribute Their Grades

Discussion in 'Politics' started by StayHighAllDay, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Double standard much?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOyaJ2UI7Ss&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Petition to Redistribute GPA Scores[/ame]

2. Well there is a difference between taking cents from dollars than tenths of a whole number.

He also doesn't go over the tax loopholes the "rich" have. So what would be the GPA equivalent?

3. #3 StayHighAllDay, Apr 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2011
    You work real hard, get good grades and end up with a killer GPA. Why did you work for a good GPA well so you can get in a good graduate school and/or be more employable. Maybe you don't need that great of a job that a 4.0 might help you get. Well if you're already down with redistributing wealth maybe grades can be sacrificed too. I mean, look, some poor students might be a few point off from graduating!!! We need to help them! We need mandatory gpa redistribution from the top 10% gpa's to the bottom 10% because, after all, they can afford it. It's the right thing to do, unless of course, some of you aren't as liberal as you think you are.

4. Assuming the following examples go through college and pursue a career.

There is a difference of how without a GPA someone can still make a living, albeit harder these days. And someone with a high GPA has a better chance of making a living.

The making a living can be equated to how much they earn. So if you still get taxed pennies to the dollar, it wouldn't be the same as the GPA skit.

5. You responded to my post before I edited it (see: obsolete).

6. I've always been taxed a lot of pennies on my dollar, over and over again too. And then my remaining pennies continue to lose value. I'm done playing this game.

7. Well that's ironic because if the liberal student body is not willing to re-distribute their grades then it follows that their grades are higher than students who are not liberal. It's probably not try and I'm pretty conservative but it was my first thought.

8. Not the same thing, because in a way you already pay for your GPA in the form of tuition. You can't get a GPA without paying tuition. You don't pay to get your money, you just earn it.

And like Msabre said where are the loopholes like the rich have?

9. How do we know that the people being interviewed are liberals, because the title says so?

10. economics | education

choose

11. Tax loopholes "like the rich have"? LOL

Give me a break. Who the hell wants to pay taxes? Tax feeders don't pay taxes but of course they still want to receive the "benefits" of government entitlements and claim "the rich" doesn't pay "their faire share." Tax payers are always left holding the bucket to fund the nonsense Washington thinks up. From continual warfare, welfare, bailouts, corporate welfare, etc.

Fuck that noise. When does the revolution start? End the Fed - End the IRS.

Current national debt - $14,300,000,000,000

12. Definitely one hell of a video. Very sad that these kids/people are the future of our generation. If they can't even comprehend something this SIMPLE then they will have a very rough road ahead of them in life.

The analogy really isn't that far off at all. I mean they have no answer to it. They actually seem kinda shocked, some of them. What's unbelievable is the fact that they have no problem giving up their HARD EARNED AND WORKED FOR money (by force) but have a problem volunteering their GPA points.

PATHETIC!!!!

13. lol wut?

false dichotomy?

14. Grades are supposed to indicate proficiency in certain areas. Redistrubuting grade points only ruins the grading system as a measurement tool.

Money has no such purpose. You could inherit half a billion dollars by sitting on your ass all day playing Halo and eating cheetos.

There's plenty of people with truckloads of money who didn't earn any of it. When I can inherit a 4.0 GPA from doing nothing, I'll then consider a 10% redistribution method.

15. That's not true. You can steal a gpa (ie cheating). And social scientists note that professors grade more favorably on papers written by attractive students. So no, not everyone that has a high gpa deserves it.

16. There's nothing 'liberal' about redistribution of grades. It's just ridiculous.

17. That's not even an argument; just spewing crap.

18. this is too funny...grades don't matter. as someone finishing up a competitive grad school program and heading into a top PhD program the one thing I am sure about is that grades only matter to folks who haven't figured out what college is about. you need to learn to think, you need to learn to write well and a letter or number is not going to be able to indicate you can do either of those things...

19. If people under 2.0 GPA were made to suffer, like by being sent onto a manhunt gauntlet style gameshow, then the analogy would make more sense and more liberals would support it.

The problem is that eventually the perverse incentives would cause more people to slack off and eventually more people than ever would have to face Buzzsaw, and inevitably their doom.

The lower GPA people need the proper incentives to keep above a 2.0, and the compassionate liberals need to donate their points to the slackers, unfortunates and retards on their own free will.

Tax write off is called "brown nosing".

20. Why should I redistribute my grades because someone else cheated? It's not like I inherited my good grades from my hard working daddy. In that case redistribution would be fair.