LG Nexus 4 or Galaxy Note 2?

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by RisenFromAshes, Nov 7, 2012.

1. just found out about the nexus 4. it's like $350 and it has the fastest processor available right now, faster than the note 2. i planned on getting the note 2 friday from ATT but not i'm not sure.

2. THats a tought decision. I cant really say because I have not looked into the nexus 4 but the note 2 looks very nice. I would say go on youtube and search both phones. There are a lot of channels that review these phones in depth so you can get a better idea of how they work, etc.

3. Note 2, no LTE for the Nexus is a deal breaker imo

4. I'd say note 2. Google purposely leaves stuff off the nexus line to leave room for competition.

5. I'd go with the note 2 as well she has a lot of potential.

6. #6 YoSmokinMan, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2012
    ^Well it will if Samsung releases working source code. If they don't my GS2 will be my last samsung phone. Exynos are nice processors but without sources the developers can't do much with them.

No problems with sources for the Nexus 4 obviously because it's a nexus device, so very AOSP friendly which is nice but 16gb internal and no sd slot? Fuck that.

7. getting the note 2 at ATT tomorrow morning :) the only reason i was unsure is bcuz some people are saying the s4 snapdragon processor is better than the exynos.. my question is like..HOW much better?

8. Most likely not enough for it to matter. Chill, bro. There will always be newer phones coming out, just get one you think will work best for you.

9. [quote name='RisenFromAshes']getting the note 2 at ATT tomorrow morning :) the only reason i was unsure is bcuz some people are saying the s4 snapdragon processor is better than the exynos.. my question is like..HOW much better?[/Qits

Its faster by quit a bit the snapdragon pro is a beast .I'm not a big snapdragon fan but they are top of the line tell sammy comes out with there new quads.

10. This thing is so fucking amazing! Way faster than the S3. I don't know how a phone gets faster than this one. For some reason gta3 isn't working on it though. It force closes. It worked fine on my s3.

11. THey're really similar spec wise. The note 2 is 100Mhz faster per CPU core, so that's only 400Mhz in speed over the Nexus. Comes down to your uses, otherwise they're very similar spec wise.

12. [quote name='"mrsmichigan"']THey're really similar spec wise. The note 2 is 100Mhz faster per CPU core, so that's only 400Mhz in speed over the Nexus. Comes down to your uses, otherwise they're very similar spec wise.[/quote]

This note 2 is absolutely mind blowing!

13. #13 CaliBudE, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2012
    I want the note 2

Never mind I just saw a review that thing is huge haha

Naw I don't care but that phone cant handle a regular drop on the ground ......

14. [quote name='"CaliBudE"']I want the note 2

Naw I don't care but that phone cant handle a regular drop on the ground ......[/quote]

Doesn't feel big at all once you get used to it man. Media is amazing on this thing. Best screen I've ever seen!

15. [quote name='"CaliBudE"']I want the note 2

Naw I don't care but that phone cant handle a regular drop on the ground ......[/quote]

The nexus 4 has a glass front and back, it will definitely shatter before the note 2.

I personally love the nexus 4 and the fact that it's $350 off contract, but no cdma/lte= no buy for me. No way I'm losing my grandfathered unlimited plan

16. note 2 is the best phone on the market now

17. Wait for the Galaxy S4 :)

18. [quote name='"Schizo-Manic"']note 2 is the best phone on the market now[/quote]

Yeah it sure is. Do you have one?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using GC Forum

19. Can anyone with the note 2 tell me if blocking mode appears in your drop down settings/menu? I thought mine did but now it's not there. Maybe it was never there but I thought it was next to driving mode.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using GC Forum