Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Levels of Being High

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Puppy Whirl, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Hey ya'll, this is my second post. I don't smoke that frequently for reasons I'll outline below, but I'll treat this like my hello message! This seemed like the biggest forum with most action for the related obvious interest, so I joined. :hello:

Anyway, I don't know if it's just the way my mind works, but I can get very stoned off of what seems like not much to other people. I don't know if it's because I don't smoke very frequently, but anyway that's the case. For example; after sharing a jay with a friend I'll be completely spaced out stoned for the next 6 hours or so, sometimes to the point where I find it unenjoyable and I'll wanna just nap it off. I don't like the feeling of being really sloooowwweeeddd dooowwwnn, and that's what inevitably happens, sometimes I'll even be burned out the next morning.

I do however like the coming up phase, where your mind just gets all tingly and things are more interesting and I get infinitely creative in that phase. That's basically the reason I blaze, I enjoy getting high more than drinking, but being stoned isn't something I like a whole lot.

Do any of you have any tips on certain ways of smoking, or anything that would keep me in high-mode and not get super stoned? I guess the obvious answer would be to take less tokes, but sometimes it seems my mind gets all slow as it's first effect so I don't really know what to do :eek:

Also, what level of getting ripped to you all enjoy the most? I'm curious if I'm the only one who feels this way, I'm not very vocal about it to my friends. :confused:

2. I'm ripped right now and when I wrote that, :smoking: and I'm not really sure why I went off on that tangent. I'm pretty sure the obvious solution is to take less tokes of the marijuana smokes.

But yeah, how ripped do you guys like to get?

:cool:

3. That all kinda made sense right up until that last part. Nobody enjoys getting ripped off.

And you don't really have to explain why you're here or anything. I think most people around here are kinda used to random people just talkin out of the blue about whatever happens to cross their minds. Sorta goes with the territory.

4. No no
    ripped = stoned

And yeah, whatever. :hello: anyway
    I just like using that thing. :hello::hello::hello:

5. whats good man welcome to the city... anyway your gona want sativa or sativa dominant plants in your stash jar... indicas tend to be more of a stoney high...

peace...

6. I have a friend who's like that, kind of. He claims that he has a really low tolerance for weed, so he only smokes about half of what everyone else does, if that. I think he just doesn't like getting high as much as he says he does, though (which is unfortunate, because he's the one who got me into it in the first place).

In your case, take it one hit at a time. Rip some, give it a few minutes, and if you're not satisfied, take another hit. That way you're not getting stoned to the point of being drowsy and uncomfortable without realizing it. It kind of has a way of sneaking up on you if you smoke a lot in a short amount of time. Sativa plants are also the way to go, if you're in a position where you can be selective.

7. I third getting some sativa if possible, smoking a decent amount of some sativa gets me a lot more creative high (I guess is the best way to explain it) whereas indica's nice if I want to zone out, eat some snacks, just chill about.

8. well everyone has there oppinion on marijuana...i personally love it but others dont seem to like it as much as me.i had a friend that used to be like you...just pace yourself dont keep on smoking from peer pressure.when your done,your done.and are you smoking shitty weed?dirt weed tends to make you feel more of a burnt out high than a fun high

9. If you don't like being blazed, smoke about half from what you normally would. If you feel like you could smoke a little more, by all means.

But like some have said, smoke in moderation until you feel the high you want so you don't get that high where you feel couch-locked. Again like others have said, if you can be picky try to get a sativa dominant strain.

Btw, welcome to the City =D

10. yeah just space out your smoking. Like take a hit, chill, take a hit, chill, etc. To your question about how high do I like to get. I like to get as high as I can before I get so high it becomes too much and uncomfortable. I guess that would be obvious, though, lol. I see levels of being high as a curve, which you can have 100 points on. at 0 you are sober, at 100 you are completely freaking out and paranoid and are waaaay too high. At 50 you are perfectly high, any less high would be not high enough, any more high would be too high. 50 is the peak of the curve and the farther you are from the curve the less you are enjoying it. If i am at 55 for example and someone has something to get me less high, but that would lower it 25 points, I would decline because I would be farther from the peak of the curve (a friend of mine who I explained this high curve and understands it actually gave me some ideas to lower my high when I felt slighlty above where I like to be and I said no, because although I felt too high and the ideas would lower my high, I would be farther from the optimal level) Of course there are some exceptions, for example I would much rather be at 0 than 95 even though 0 is farther from 50, but for the most part, the closer to 50 the better.

11. I made it to level 8 and forgot to jump. Game over.

12. yep. I know what yu saying man.

The lil high yur talking about is teasedd, when yur just tingly and
    yu get mad munchies.

The MAD high is when yur blown. (ripped, faded, stoned.)
    To me, when im blown, i see shit slowed down and it looks
    like im in one of those old movies with slides. Everythin moves like
    a slide show.

I prefer to be teased cuz getting blown makes me feel stupid as hell.

But im sure many people would tend to disagree wit me.

:bongin: just keep wit the kush .

13. Your attitude will change as your smoke more, and your tolerance will grow. I don't like any more than two or three bowls out of my bong, after that it just seems pointless.

14. Smoke a sativa - Indica's give that stoned high, sativa will give a more social, energetic high that will waver in and out.

15. You are in for a surprise OP if you try salvia expecting a weed-like high. Salvia is another animal entirely. If I was forced to compare it to another drug, I'd compare it to shrooms. Dont take that shit lightly just because its legal. Because you will trip balls.

16. He was talking about sativa, which is one of the two types of cannabis plant. Sativa and indica.

Not meaning to sound like a dick, though. I totally agree with you. Salvia is NOWHERE similar to weed. The only thing that's the same, is that they're both plants. :smoking:

17. .. He said sativa, not salvia.

18. Man, that made complete since to me. :smoke:

19. Lol I should read closer. I just had salvia on the brain from a discussion my roommate and I had last night. And I am smoking my first bowl today so I misread. :smoke:

20. why arent you vocal about it? lol. i don't like being couch locked my favorite part of being high is when i begin to understand life and everything becomes clear as day.