Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Leukemia and chemo therapy

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Thai_Sticks, Aug 21, 2008.

1. I was diagnosed with leukemia a month ago.

I have responded incredibly well to the chemo therapy that i've been given and am on path to be cured. The problem is i will be on chemo for the next two and a half years.

The side effects from the chemo are joint/back/bone pain, nausea, vomiting, and insomnia.

I was set to go to college in the fall for my first year, but had to delay my departure because of this. I was thinking, when i was ready to go to college, that I would apply to schools in California and get a medical card to combat the side effects of the chemo. My parents know i use marijuana, but don't really support it.

My question is, am i able to get a recommendation without it being put on medical records that my parents will be able to see? Will there be records of me getting a card that are public, or is everything confidential.

I am 18, so i'm not a minor. I know parents loose lots of rights to information after you turn 18, so is this included? Will this be on any records when i grow up if i ever decide to be a politician or something?

Thanks a ton in advance!

2. #2 Storm Crow, Aug 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2008
    First you need at least some of your medical records. I'm sure you have some around! Pill bottles will sometimes work -depends on the clinic. Once you have some medical records, you're set!

Next since you are out of state, you need proof of residency as well as ID. California driver's license is best- so get to the DMV ASAP! You need picture ID and something with your new address.

Get online and go to the California NORML site. They have a list of friendly doctors. Call all those in your area, since prices vary. Make an appointment.

Now you go in, cash in hand, with any records and pill bottles. From there on it a regular doctor's visit, with the addition of a short lecture on cannabis laws and usage.

You walk out, pay the receptionist, and she hand you a paper saying "The doctor recommends that you use cannabis." You are now legal! You may now have 8 ounces of bud and 6 mature plants! With a real medical problem, it is THAT easy!

Everything done in cash. No record. You do NOT need a county government card- they are optional! All you really need is the doctor's recommendation! Keep it in your wallet! There are dispensaries and clubs that issue private cards- no contact with the government or insurance- but the cards are good only at that place. 1st visit to a club should be done during your doctor's hours- the club will call him. Then you prove your ID and they sell you a card. THEN you can buy some pot. :hello:

So as long as you can get hold of some of your medical records without arousing your parent's suspicions, and pay cash- Mom, Dad, the insurance company and the government will never know. :rolleyes:

And write your college papers stoned, then go over them later, straight. 2nd time in college my Lit teacher said she saved my papers for "dessert"- because I always had such "novel" takes on stuff she'd read 100 times before! LOL Not good for math, though. :confused:

Do us all proud in school. Bust the lazy stoner myth!

Granny :wave:

3. First, I hope you're doing well. I'm a hodgkin's survivor so I know somewhat how you're feeling and it's good that you seem to have a pretty good attitude going into this. How are you doing? I don't think you'll have any problems getting medical out there as a cancer patient, where are you now? Hope all is well..Stay Up!!

4. Thanks alot for the info

I'm responding really well to the chemo and will be fine in the end. I just feel like shit from all the drugs they're giving me.

One questions though, I have to pay a first time fee at every dispensiary i go to? How much is the fee typically.

Any more info would be greatly appreciated

5. I had to go through chemo when I was 10-13 years old and MJ got me through it. Not much advice that I can. So stay as healthy as possible and good luck with everything.

Love
    Jill