Letting go

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by esseff, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Why do we prolong life at all costs without teaching people that learning to go consciously matters?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scdzTcxO-Sw](part 1)[/ame]

2. Elephants in captivity are trained, at an early age, not to roam. One leg of a baby elephant is tied with a rope to a wooden post planted in the ground.

The rope confines the baby elephant to an area determined by the length of the rope. Initially the baby elephant tries to break free from the rope, but the rope is too strong.

When the elephant grows up and is strong, it could easily break the same rope. But because it "learned" that it couldn't break the rope when it was young, the adult elephant believes that it still can't break the rope, so it doesn't even try!

3. That's interesting.

So if somebody came along and was able to teach the elephant that it could now break the rope . . .

4. The man that tied the rope would be in a lot of trouble as a 4000kg elephant comes charging at him..

Nice metaphor for the free people of earth chargin down the consumers and capitalist for fooling us to think that we must only worry about our own life and identity because its important, but then the people of earth realize there life is not important unless everyone is important. ;)

5. #5 esseff, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2011
    This is very true. But with our current attitudes toward life, particularly in the developed world, the earth and it's finite resources are not sustainable if we continue they way we're going, and the forecast for population growth is not really in any doubt unless we do something about it.

6. earth and its finite resources. alot of which is propaganda bullshit meant to keep people scared. Fear = control.

we are the tied elephant. if we realized our full power .. :eek:

7. As you become conscious, you realise that the need to continue your life at all costs, because it's so sacred, or so we're told, becomes less and less relevant on a personal level. It's only by having certain experiences, which society punishes if they find out, that allow you to understand this, and other things, really well. We need a shamanic tradition just as the shamanic cultures have had for thousands of years, where this knowledge through experience is shared.

8. exactly. we are of the earth. and the earth is restricted to us.
    fuck control systems. fuck power.

9. fuck money and the concepts of posession/ownership, fuck social identities.

I was actually thinking the other day while i was HIGH i might add :smoke:

Q: Can we really complain about war and the way the world is?

Speculation : Maybe im wrong, but the way i see it is we create that enviroment we want our democracy, we want our consumerist life, we want everything we have now just minus the war and strife.

But if you think about it is war and strife not the byproduct of our desires? I mean to have everything we kinda need oil, we need money we need to give people incentive to make our "things" to me it seems that the whole concept of ownership and social identity is the root cause of all our problems we face today.

Therefore i say down with all institutions and establishments, but to get what i want 60% of our population has to die probably and hey i guess im no man to make that call. but yea something to think about if you think im wrong id love to hear why.

10. i do not believe war and strife are the byproduct of our desires. we as human beings dont really want our consumerist lifestyle, but have been PROGRAMMED to believe this is what we want so that we end up as batteries..robots..grunts. we werent meant to be so materialistic and third dimensional as a species. war is the product of the thirst for power by the same people who program society into the consumer fiends we are. think of the Rothschild families, etc. keep us distracted by fear. also we dont have to be rely on oil ...

what would happen if energy was just always readily available? we'd probably be alot more peaceful... therefore alot harder to control

11. #11 DBV, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2011
    It sucks that with life comes death, along with all the other naturally dualistic traits of society/life. No way around it.

Life feeds on life. So it is, so its always been. And it is necessary for human survival unfortunately. One main cause to scarce resources is over-population of humanity, but nature always has its ways of correcting itself naturally. Our current societies structure is what caused this overpopulation, so in order to cure the problem, it has to go too.. otherwise nature keeps treating the problem instead of curing it.