Letting go

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by esseff, Mar 27, 2019.

1. #1 esseff, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    At any moment a message can arrive; look at this, imagine that, tell me something I need to know. A thought that wasn’t there before suddenly fills my mind. I consider it. Feel something about it. Act on it. Reply to it. Add it to the story of my life, so that it becomes part of my life, takes me with it, for a while anyway, until something else appears, and the whole thing starts again.

It sounds repetitive, automatic, and yet it is real, my life, and if there are too many things going on, the ability to find something we really need to find gets lost. It is what makes people want minimal, or choose a more secluded life, so that by living in the simplest way they can they have the time to find it. They have the time to let go.

If there are too many things to do, too many messages to read, too many posts to reply to, we forget what it feels like to know who we are without them, to know stillness, a stillness one finds walking through a wood listening to the sounds of life on a late summer’s day. That sense of peace while looking at the sun as it slowly sinks into the horizon. Experiencing what it feels like, just for a moment, to not be you. Not to be thinking those incessant thoughts, looking at possibilities, considering future, carrying past, being the story I am.

To let go takes practice, but the moment you do, things change. Absolutely, 100%, Every time. The circumstances are the same for a while, but how you see them, how you respond to them, is different.

You won’t hold this at first, as there are parts of life that need changing, that on some level you know, but it is now more obvious; carrying what is not needed becomes heavier. Which is the start of finally letting them go for good. There is no rush, but it is what we seek, for we want the knowing that comes from it.

To be this in the world isn’t easy. Easier to find a quiet place away from it all and be there.

But because it is not about one individual achieving this, but all of us doing so. If one should do so, it helps all realise it, because we are one, connected, God.

• Like Like x 2
  2. I understand.

You're talking about coming into the present without cluttering it up with the ideas of self, our life story, beliefs, anything interfering with what it feels like to be there without them.

This is good. But I think few will get it, hence the zero response (until now).

• Like Like x 1
  3. It's because we don't know we need it, don't know how to find it, don't realise there is so much to gain from experiencing it.

Like with many things, telling someone what it is isn't the same as knowing what it is. Anything you haven't experienced can only be imagined at best, and some things one cannot imagine at all.

Which means it is easy to dismiss because it can't mean much at this time. I get that.
    Cannabis helps with this so much though, which is why I posted it here.

Now, I am not the originator of this idea. It was while listening to a full recording of Mooji, while sitting in a chair in the park on a hot summer's day, headphones in, nowhere to be, nothing else to do, and it wasn't quick either. It took some time in his presence before suddenly, it happened. The mind had ceased completely. I was nothing. Just there. I am. Freedom.