Letters To Obama

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by 13Lack, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, should take the time out to write to the White House to express your dismay with Obama's reaction in todays town meeting here:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

I figured I'd create a thread where we can all post our letters. Here's mine:

Dear Mr. President,

Mr. Obama, I have been an avid supporter of you and your administration despite the criticism you have received. You are taking on an unbelievable amount of issues and I feel like a lot of people don't give you enough credit. You've only been in office for sixty plus days and already people are upset because you haven't solved the economic problem. You are a man just like everyone else and you should be given a chance, so I'm giving you one.

However, today you left me and millions of others disappointed with your very condescending remarks regarding the taxation and regulation of marijuana. It is not that you disagree; it is that you laughed off an issue brought up by the same people that gave you their vote. You laughed off over 800,000 marijuana arrests per year, billions upon billions in lost tax revenue and not to mention the vast amounts of jobs that would be created. You laughed off a plant that is the most useful natural fiber in the world. It has hundreds of uses including being made into bio fuel. The same bio fuel that along with solar and wind power can wean us off foreign oil (one of your campaign promises). The same plant that can be made into clothing more durable than cotton and paper that last for centuries that could ultimately end deforestation. And more importantly you laughed off the many millions of people who voted for you and supported you throughout your campaign.

So please keep this in mind next time the issue comes up. I know you are an intelligent man and are open to new ideas. The American people are asking for the end of senseless marijuana prohibition Mr. Obama, please listen.

Thank you for reading this Mr. President.

I wish you well in all your endeavors.

Sincerely,