Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Letter To My Parents

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Buck762, Apr 17, 2009.

1. I was gonna write a letter to my parents, telling them i smoke pot. I want to tell them why I do it, how its safe (using facts and telling them all the propaganda is untrue), and how it's helping me/ not gonna be outta control. Is this a good idea? Has anybody on here written a letter like this to their parents? Can sombody post, or email me thier letter so I can base mines off thiers? Basically, I'd rather tell them before they catch me and hopefully will get them to approve weed, let me do it while thier home so im safer from getting caught by police. Whats your thoughts?

2. Tell them in person, a letter would be kind of awkward. They are going to pull you aside to talk about it anyways. Also saying smoking at home than out in public is a lot safer.

3. I think a letter would really give you a lot of time to plan out exactly what you are going to say and how you are going to say it. Your viewpoint will not be interrupted while they are reading your letter, which might not be the case if you talk to them in person.

Good luck.

4. Thats true, im doing it mainly because if I do it in person i may screw up or say somthing the wrong way, writing it out allows me to do it perfectly

5. well, you can always write it out then read it to them.

6. i told my mom i smoked before i was caught by cops, it helped alot. im glad i did because i know she would have flipped out if she didnt have a clue about me smoking.
    i would advise it if your mom seems like the mom who would flip out if she catches you.
    with me, my mom and i can talk real easy and shes a good listener and can always hold down a pretty good talk about.
    i wouldnt advise it if your mom would flip out when you do tell her. Some moms wouldnt care that you took the balls to tell them, and would ground/drug test them.

7. I actually think that's a matter of opinion. I think letters are more meaningful because you can re-write it as many times as you want to finalize it, and it's a lot easier to sound like you know what you're talking about. I think it's a very mature decision, and remember, your parents only want the best for you, so make sure you let them know the benefits of weed! C:

8. I've heard of people writing a letter like what you speak of, but then putting it with their stash, that way in case your parents flip when you tell them, you might never have too, but if they ever find your stash, they will see that you've thought it through and are responsibly using it.

9. yeah i think its a good idea, just depends on your parents though. like with mine their rule is "as long as your under my roof your not doing it" or "its still illegal, so NO".

ah they just dont understandddd!!!