Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Letter to my mom

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by TheLonerStoner, Jul 18, 2010.

1. She hasn't gotten up yet. I gave it to her yesterday, but ended up binge sleeping. I woke up at 2 am, it's now 6:30am, she should be up soon. The wait is killing me too.

2. #42 TheLonerStoner, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2010
    Yes you are and I'm not avoiding your questions. I'm lashing out because you're accusing me of a bunch of ridiculous things I would never do and that you shouldn't assume someone is doing.

Yes I have tried all of those and more. I doubt I would be diagnosed with insomnia if I hadn't since those are the first things they have you try.

Read my letter more carefully. I never denied you read it.

3. Alright, so my mom was EXTREMELY nonchalant about the whole thing. The conversation is going pretty slow because my grandparents have been walking in and out and now we have company, but here's pretty much what it's been so far.

She tells me she's going to call up the Mental Health people and try to get them to do something today. A very indirect acknowledgment of my letter, basically.

After a little bit she then tells me that the "thing about getting your card is" that 'they' could come in and raid the house at anytime. I started to tell her about why that isn't entirely accurate, but then my grandpa came in the house.

So, I went into my room and printed off this, this and this. Went out, gave it to her. She read it when she could in between my grandparent's walking around.

Finally, the company came over and she gets up with the paper and I tell her that I wrote a summary on the last page explaining everything. She goes "Well, I sure wasn't expecting this." and I replied, "Well, I wouldn't have asked if I thought they could come in and raid the house at any time." She also commented quickly on one of the family members actions as being good.

That's all so far. It's going splendid. :D

4. congrats man! looks like were going to have new card holder in our midst somewhat soon:hello:

5. Yeah just make it clear that only the DEA could raid you. I say this because the DEA announced that they only go after HUGE grow-ops due to lack of funding and competency.

6. #46 fudrick, Jul 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2010
    Mephy is being an asshole and clearly needs some improvements in reading comprehension. I was pretty impressed with the time you spent with your letter, and aside from some grammatical errors it was quite well written. Cool to hear that your mom responded positively.

The truth is you really aren't helping when you tear someone down in an open forum. A PM with suggestions would have been really helpful if you understand where I'm going with this. Let's support each other, really. ~AK~

7. #47 Mephy86, Jul 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2010
    fudrick there is not need for you to even but in to our lil argument I've alreayd received private messages from random people telling me I handled myself extremely well and was not being ignorant cuz I was in fact not being. I respectfully ask you to please remain from the conversation and return back to the original topic before this turns into a rediculous flame war instead of helping the OP's original idea with his mother.

The reason I took the approach I did was because of the usage of the words "acute severe" in front of every condition you mentioned or most of them, If you really did you research you would have realized that there is no such thing as acute severe insomnia (btw the definition for what that actually means is "severe severe insomnia") This is why I took the stand that I did and I'm sorry but I stand up for this and it has become apparent that you may have some sort of a need for MMJ you are clearly not a good candidate and this is why the uphill battle for legalization is taking to long today. I have said my piece you can take it how you want it but I'm out.

Everyones entitled to their own opinion and just because someone does not agree is not a reason to get mad.

-this is my last post in this thread so it wont matter

8. WOW!
    You really need to reread my letter and read it carefully this time and get a new medical dictionary.

Acute means it isn't chronic or permanent, but has an abrupt onset and is not lasting. My insomnia IS NOT acute, I never said it was. My insomnia is CHRONIC.
    This is yet another display of ignorance. You obviously haven't taken the care to understand what I wrote at all or refer back to it to avoid making blatant errors like you are.
    Although I don't agree with fudrick's post in that it was trollish, I do agree with him for the most part. Like I have said you are being ridiculous and 'm glad that was your last post in my thread. Your unproductive approach and general disregard for what is plainly written in my letter will not be missed.