Let's talk weight loss & diets.

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by jizzledfreq, Jan 9, 2018.

1. out of all the motivational speeches i've heard, im going to start jogging because of that. i want a sex pack

Sent from my A577VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Weight loss solely through exercise is nearly impossible. Changes to diet make a much more substantial difference in weight loss and reducing caloric intake. Calories in < Calories out.

You can’t outrun your fork. Diet is for losing weight, exercise is for getting fit.

People who are saying calories don’t matter don’t understand how the body works.

The recipe for abs:
    - Abdominal exercises
    - Reduce sodium intake and increase water intake to reduce bloat
    - Lower your intake of carbohydrates, as these are more readily stored as fat.

As they say - abs are made in the kitchen!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Hey to reduce loss from back you would require to run for miles as per your playground. Also start cardio right away and include some meditation as well. Give emphasis to fat loss rather than worrying too much about calories.

4. I needed this! I feel obligated to climb a mountain now :smoke: hey OP this is probably the best advice you will have given to you. If you're serious your goal should be health and not weight loss! Because a healthy weight comes with a healthy lifestyle and it's easier to focus on living a healthy lifestyle. Especially without the stress of the scale

5. Fuck diets make a life change 1 hr exercise a day, 1 gallon of water a day, no fast food, and 1200 calories a day with no processed foods.
    Diets r a scam

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lifestyle changes make the biggest differences. Walking more often; whether it to be to work or the store or simply implementing squats or jumping jacks into a routine you already have in place ( I do wall squats every time I use the microwave to time myself while I make a snack). I've heard other people say they do X amount of jumping jacks every time before they shower and before you know it, you've added that many more calories burned through out the day without really having to think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. #27 Zili, May 30, 2018
    Last edited: May 30, 2018
    First of all, It's important to take care of yourself. You should make lifestyle changes in order to stay healthy as long as possible. For example, say yes to healthy food and add more regular exercises. As for motivation,

8. You shouldn't be really concerned on whether or not you look bigger currently, because losing a lot of weight fast isn't that super difficult, but if you don't also do strength training, you'll continue to be unhealthy.Start lifting heavy weights, it will burn fats and also keep doing cardio daily. Also keep in mind diet is everything. The food you eat should be healthy.

9. Well I recently started a job through a temp agency being a laborer on a construction site, doing some good ol' physical labor & pouring sweat all day.

I also started a Keto diet today. I bought a weeks worth of canned tuna, salmon, & chicken, pork rinds, jerky, & sunflower seeds to snack on, plan on eating hard boiled eggs & avocados. Some cashew butter.

Cut out smoking cigarettes, weed, & alcohol, and going to stick to black coffee, and H2O.

Might not be the best, but being homeless & living in my car I gotta work w/ what I got, and this way I can still have plenty of fat & Protein w/ minimal carbs, and not have to worry about perishables & such.

• Like Like x 1
  10. In my experience Keto is the best way to lose a lot of weight fast. Best of luck to you! Just so you know, you're probably going to feel sick in a few days. It will pass. Your body needs to switch from processing sugar to processing fat and that can make you cranky, or tired, or just upset. It should only last a day or so until you get used to your new way of eating. Also, when cheese or hard boiled eggs sound like a perfect desert to you, you'll know you're doing it right.

Again, best of luck! When you have access to a kitchen hit me up for some recipes. Otherwise it sounds like you know what you need to eat already.

• Like Like x 1
  11. If you insist on doing keto while working a physically demanding job make sure you get enough electrolytes to prevent muscle spasms and drink more water at night. You may also want to eat a little more so you're not lagging behind on your busy days.

If keto gets to be too much, or too expensive, then consider carb backloading or intermittent fasting skipping dinner instead of breakfast. Both give similar results without the side effects of keto flu or carb spillover (if done right.)

12. I been drinking some Powerade Zero for electrolytes. I definitely ate good yesterday & today b/c I can feel my body and mind lagging a lil' bit, but that also might have a lot to do with dehydration b/c it's very difficult to stay hydrated at the rate I sweat.

13. Then you may want to increase your salt intake and carry a bottle of water with you. You don't need to super hydrate and piss every 15 minutes, just drink at least half a gallon per day and adjust it from there.

14. How's that 6 pack coming along bud?