Lets talk smartphones

Discussion in 'General' started by Jamaican Hotbox, Jan 24, 2014.

1. So I'm not a very tech savvy person myself... And my step dads company recently switched from Sprint to Verizon. He wants a phone that is easy to use that's NOT an iPhone. He has an HTC now and it's just to much for him. Has to many things and he gets confused. What phones would you recommend that are easy to use, simple but a good smartphone? Price pretty much doesn't matter. Thanks guys! (Posted in General instead of Silicon Valley cause I feel that I would get more responses here. Sorry bout that.)

2. Why is he avoiding the iPhone? It is the most simple, intuitive smartphones. Android is great for unlimited customization but updates are sketchy.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. [quote name="twentypast4" post="19397532" timestamp="1390565721"]Why is he avoiding the iPhone? It is the most simple, intuitive smartphones. Android is great for unlimited customization but updates are sketchy.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]He hates iTunes. Had an iPhone but can't stand having to use iTunes.

4. [quote name="twentypast4" post="19397532" timestamp="1390565721"]Why is he avoiding the iPhone? It is the most simple, intuitive smartphones. Android is great for unlimited customization but updates are sketchy.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]I have the iPhone n I feel that they will and or Are taking advantage n "tapping" In to a mainstream phone 🍁 😙💨🍃🍂

5. [quote name="Jamaican Hotbox" post="19397541" timestamp="1390565838"]He hates iTunes. Had an iPhone but can't stand having to use iTunes.[/quote]I hate iTunes too. But if you use Spotify or Pandora you'd never have to put music on it using iTunes. And if you jailbreak, you can download unlimited music from Pandora. Android was easier to just download stuff but nothing more. My iPhone works as it should all the time. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. [quote name="twentypast4" post="19397532" timestamp="1390565721"]Why is he avoiding the iPhone? It is the most simple, intuitive smartphones. Android is great for unlimited customization but updates are sketchy.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]He hates iTunes. Had an iPhone but can't stand having to use iTunes.

7. [quote name="twentypast4" post="19397544" timestamp="1390565946"]I hate iTunes too. But if you use Spotify or Pandora you'd never have to put music on it using iTunes. And if you jailbreak, you can download unlimited music from Pandora. Android was easier to just download stuff but nothing more. My iPhone works as it should all the time. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]I agree but he's not talking about music. He doesn't wanna plug his phone in and have to wait for iTunes. It's stupid I know but he can't stand it. I suggested a galaxy s4. What do you guys think?

8. Trap jack 🍁 😙💨🍃🍂

9. [quote name="CMGarcia55" post="19397627" timestamp="1390567879"]flip phone[/quote]He'd love one but he has to be able to access email from it and what not.

10. #11 CMGarcia55, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2014

How about the Note? My cousin has one and he says it's good and easy enough to use that even his dad knows how.

11. You suggested a good one, my dad uses a Galaxy S something, and he's like your step dad. Not sure which galaxy it is but it's big as fuck and white.

what does that even mean?

ive literally never had to plug my iphone into a computer before. what does your dad want to do lol

i think samsung probably has a better android UI than htc, but nexus phones are the best android phones

if he just wants a phone and email machine why not get a blackberry

13. Samsung Galaxy S4. big and comfy.

14. I have an S3, and I've had it for about a year now.  I love it, and from what I've seen the S4 is even better.  Big, crisp, and beautiful.

15. I got a Samsung Galaxy a few weeks ago, I have no complaints. And I'm probably the least tech savvy twenty-something year old American you'll ever meet.

This is the only smartphone I've had though, so it's not like I have much to compare it to....

16. What's wrong with using iTunes? It's the most simple and functional apps I use, maybe he's just had some bad experience using it? I say this because the iPhone is probably the easiest phone to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. I have the HTC droid DNA. It's not too complicated and it is a really nice phone for normal and gaming use.Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. ive owned a fair share of androids and iphones.i prefer the iphone. iOS is so fluid and well layed out that tasks on the iphone are like butter. itunes is great software for managing media. android to me feels like using a knockoff operating system. it copies the original iOS in many aspects.Sent from my iPhone.

19. I have the lg g2 its the best phone out in my opinion .