Lets talk about "The Zone"

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by Arckaic, Jul 19, 2012.

1. So, we've all heard it talked about... "Being in the zone". But, what exactly does it mean?

Have you been in the zone? How did you know that you were in the zone, and how did it feel for you while you were there? Can you go there at will or does it take much concentration?

Did it scare you the first time you entered the zone?

2. [quote name='"Arckaic"']So, we've all heard it talked about... "Being in the zone". But, what exactly does it mean?

Have you been in the zone? How did you know that you were in the zone, and how did it feel for you while you were there? Can you go there at will or does it take much concentration?

Did it scare you the first time you entered the zone?[/quote]

Haha I have a feeling your joking/trolling. But other wise, "in the zone" has always meant to me that your just hyped up as hell, in pure ecstasy, or just having a great time. This can be influenced by substances

3. Because this is in the music section, I am assuming you mean ''in the zone'' musically. When ever I jam with people, sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. When I feel it all coming together, unrehearsed and unplanned, you feel that brief moment of being in the zone. It's a great feeling.

4. The zone.... the main reason i get high

Its this state of auto-pilot when your doing something creative, freestyling or guitar, drums etc. whatever your doing at the time where your minds unlimited and u create the best work uve ever done in that 1-60 minute moment

5. The zone just happens sometimes. Sometimes everything in a jam session goes together just right and everyone enters "the zone". A friend and i were jamming (both guitar) and at the end of some really emotional improvisation we both had tears in our eyes and couldnt describe what had happened. It is just a state of musical bliss for me. its always extremely emotional and unpredictable.

6. I was in the zone on several occasions and I can assert that it is magical. Bottomless pits of plastic balls that my friends and I got lost in, birthday cake for everyone, many many games to be played. There must have been over 17 different slides, some tall plunging monsters, others were curved and twisty, one was made out of multi-colored rods that spun like so many magical rolling pins, our youthful hearts cascading down for hours, elated at the rush, the risk, and the velocity. My big sister won roller blades in a raffle. I even remember the rules, and they only had one: you must always be having fun. Yes, the zone is an enchanted and mystical place. I go back sometimes, but the crowd has changed. They all look at me funny, especially the other grown ups there. Especially the dads.

7. I'm not especially good at guitar but I've gotten into that zone a few times. I sorta blank out and don't realize what's happening until I'm out of it lol.

8. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RMVRLhAyhQ]Jojo Mayer - The Distance Between 0 and 1 - TEDxZurich - YouTube[/ame]

9. If I'm playing my drums for a while and I know beforehand that I'll be playing for a while, I will usually get in the zone within 30 minutes to an hour. When I'm in the zone, I'll usually stay there anywhere from 3 to 5 hours. After about five hours, I'll come back, realize I'm back and get back in the zone for another 2 hours. The longest I've ever been in the zone for was over 14 hours. When I'm in the zone, it feels like I'm on autopilot but I can tell I'm controlling everything. Time simultaneously speeds up and slows down. I can always tell I'm in the zone because I feel like I'm hovering over my body watching myself play. Best feeling ever