Let's talk about the education system (and do some math too)

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by NativeSoundz, Dec 31, 2012.

1. hahahaha ok

total cost =
    $13,000 + ($13,000 * .06%)
    $13,000 + 780
    $13,780

monthy payments =

$13,780/(5yrs * 12months)
    $13,780/(60)
    $229.66666666

2. You're only charging interest for one year?

I wanna buy a car from you...:laughing:

3. #23 shaddytheman, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2012
    This is going to embarrassing to say so don't flame me, I had to take Math 082 which is like 9th algebra but yet I didn't have a lot of math classes when I was there since I was placed into the special ed curriculum (didn't mean I was stupid but the cause of that was behavioral problem). The problem I had was linear equations, algebraic equations, what the value of x and y, but wasn't simple like subtract but more like taking a number that's positive then adding before it and turning into a negative.
    Ex. (8x+2y=33
    (3x-2y=45

It's different when the numbers are the same but not the signs. I also understand that to get into into higher subject such as physics, chemistry, quantum physics, quantum mechanics require algebra as the starting point.

4. Shouldn't the interest rate be applied annually?

5. your right.

Interest rate = $3,900.00??

6. Why is everyone doing random math equations and no one is talking aboit the education system? What a weird thread :/

7. 3/4 / 8/20=?

8. Dude if you go to Trigonometry class high you'll see that it's an artform man

9. Yessir...even though you will not carry the full amount for the full term, they calculate the interest up front...charging you interest on the full amount over the whole term...fucking scam...

10. [quote name='"chief joseph"']

Shouldn't the interest rate be applied annually?[/quote]

Haha you're totally right...

11. yeah i thought that too but its a countable amount of infinite rooms so an infinite number of rooms is occupied so there is no room for 1 more

12. Not true.

Simply shift everyone over a room, and place them in room #1.

Now, say you again have a hotel with a countably infinite number of rooms, and all are occupied.

Say a countably infinite number of guests show up. Where do you put them all, if you can?

13. When you have two equations like that you have to simplify them and then graph them to find the one point they intersect at. You can do it mathematically also

14. None. He's already in a room.

Bitch :cool:

15. appropriate :)

16. I also gotta ask. Infinite? Or seemingly infinite?

17. Well...since the number of rooms is countable, it cannot be infinite...

18. Yeah I know you have to simplify them and add opposing signs, then break it down. It was probably a difficult problem on a math exam that caught me off guard.

19. even infinite is countable, the only difference is the counting would never end.