Let's talk about Oregon.

Discussion in 'General' started by torenxw, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Lol. Ive never heard of origon having a reputation for weed, but everyone knows colorado's a great state for stoners.

2. I love finding this out about a place I've lived my whole life. It makes me kinda proud. :) I love Oregon. I love the glass blown here, all the fruits, the wilderness.

@CSU I kinda hope they don't sell it anywhere but dispensaries and smokeshops.

3. I recently met a guy from Cali who hadn't seen people use pipes for weed before. He said where he was from, they only smokes joints and blunts.

4. If I could only use joints or blunts id quit smoking.

5. I know, right? I mostly only smoke out of all-glass bongs. It's pretty rare to see me hit anything else.

6. It's sub par in my opinion.

7. Are you talking about joints or are you talking about the weed in Oregon?

8. Oregon is my least favorite state, no one ever go there.......

9. The entire West Coast + Colorado (and extending up into BC) are, I think, considered very marijuana friendly areas.

The fact that we didn't pass marijuana legalization here has more to do with the measure itself than the attitude of Oregonians.

It was not a well thought-out measure. It didn't do nearly enough to placate the fears of people who aren't so sure about legalization, and the measure itself came off as a rambling diatribe from the mouth of someone who'd taken a few too many bong hits. :p

Granted there is also the fact that Oregon is a very diverse state. The legalization measure passed by 20% in Multnomah County but failed by a large margin out in Eastern Oregon, which is a lot more conservative than the Valley.

10. I have high hopes for the future here. I've been posting a bunch of activist stuff on my Facebook, just trying to help people become more educated and also to try to get people to vote. I think there's enough people who aren't voting to make up the difference, but they just haven't gotten into the political aspect of things yet.

11. Definitely also encourage people to vote. One of the voter statistics I was looking at, I can't remember if it was national or just Oregon, and I can't remember if it was this year or a past election, but it said that only 16% of people between the ages of 18-29 voted.

16 percent. That's just sad. Can you imagine if 80% of people that age had voted in Oregon? Or even 50%? We would have had a much higher chance of passing the legalization measure.

12. [quote name='"junkiedays"']

Definitely also encourage people to vote. One of the voter statistics I was looking at, I can't remember if it was national or just Oregon, and I can't remember if it was this year or a past election, but it said that only 16% of people between the ages of 18-29 voted.

16 percent. That's just sad. Can you imagine if 80% of people that age had voted in Oregon? Or even 50%? We would have had a much higher chance of passing the legalization measure.[/quote]

That's Oregon's problem, the young adults here just don't care. Everyone freaks out about the unemployment rate, but how many of those unemployed people are totally fine with being unemployed?

13. Portland, where young people go to retire. :p

14. It's a cliche but it's spot on. :hello:

15. Totally. My sister's been dating some rich boy (his parents, not him) for a few years now and they just moved to P-town. XD

16. Hey peeps I am moving to oregon in a week and need a job ASAP. I was just wondering if there are a lot of jobs that UA out there? I was going to look into factory type work if someone knows let me know please

17. was he from oakland? dont talk to people from oakland.

18. Where I live in Oregon, there's a lot of jobs that don't UA. Not so much the factory ones though, because you'd be running equipment and stuff. Fast food is always an option, but Fred Meyer doesn't test. You could just buy fake pee and put it under your balls instead though.

19. I don't think he's from Oakland. I think he said Sacramento, but I'll have to verify that with him.

20. Same as anywhere else. It depends on the job.

Factory jobs are probably going to drug test because like torenxw said, they expect you to be working with dangerous machinery and want to know that you aren't high.