lets start a movement

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by KingStun10, Dec 19, 2011.

1. ok guys ive just done an essay on marijuana and i have found out a lot of info on the herb, alot of it being good... i have seen this suggested on the site but i dont think anyone ever came thru. Anyways we should make a pamphlet with all the facts about weed, how harmless it is, especially compared to other legal drugs, the benefits, medicinal value, profit that can be made by the government, how it could stimulate the economy ect...

We need everyone to participate, print off 100 of the said pamphlets and put them in mailboxes around your neighborhood. i think this would enlighten many and start a movement toward legalization

2. looks like your the only one lol, its not even so much legalization for me just shedding some light on the situation for the most part

3. I'm down as well.

4. Should print copies of Jack Herer's "The Emperor Wears no Cloths" cheap in black and white and distribute them in our communities. Printing a short book is a lot more expensive then a pamphlet but if someone sits down and reads that book they will have a changed outlook on prohibition. Either way im following this thread interested to see where to goes and down to participate. For something like this to really be effective though it would need more organization then just a thread, maybe its own website.

5. design the phlet and ill help distribute brother.

6. Another idea:
    There's going to be people with time and willingness to distribute, but then there's probably going to be a lot of other people without the time or will to go out and hand out pamphlets on legalization, but that would be happy to put $10 to the cause. With a account at a national print shop like Office Depot or Kinkos people all over the country could put money in the account and other people all over the country could receive free pamphlets to distribute.
    Im saying this because if we are trying to reach any serious volume of people printing will be a real cost.

7. we could just type it up and make a download then everyone that wants to participate prints enough for them in reality it will only cost about a pack of paper and if there in school still they can just print it out on the school computers and they dont have to pay for anything lol

8. Yeah having people print would be a lot easier to organize, but i dont think the cost of the paper would be the issue so much as the cost of ink. Most home printers would be dead if you tried to do any bulk printing with them.
    Using the school printer is a great idea! Lets get the system to help us out here haha. Wont work for me though cuz my university charges.

9. "handing someone a pamphlet is like saying 'here, you throw this out' "

10. If you design a decent pamphlet in a printable format, I'll help distribute it...

Let's try to hurry though...right after xmas would be a good time to flyer a bunch of windshields...otherwise there won't be another busy time at the stores till spring..like memorial day or something. Or maybe new year's at all the bars? just trying to think of the most awareness we could raise for little effort..black friday would have been a good day to "pamphlet bomb" walmarts and busy stores. ;v/

11. i will try and start the pamphlet after im done school today, but we need to think of a creative cover because if its a marijuana leaf or "leagalize pot!" many will not even read further

12. #13 Bongsauce, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2011
    yeh that's just what I was thinking...the pamphlet should be directed at people that need to read it...and those people have a pretty closed mind.

I was thinking something kinda different to catch people's attention and get them to open it....kinda like how the religious nuts put stuff on the covers of their pamphlets that have nothing to do with religion. ..and yer like "wtf?! imminent nuclear war, and how to deal with it." , then you open it up and says like 'don't worry god can save you!'

lol..I was thinking maybe something like "forget everything you know, you've been lied to." then have a nice list of all the deaths of people from other substances which are legal....and maybe some facts on the use of MMJ and hemp throughout history, and remind people that cannabis has never killed anyone, yet something that people consume everyday, water, you can die from.

I dunno..so many ways you could go with this...maybe GC can brainstorm up a few flyers..and we can pick one. ...hmm kim jung ill just died...can we throw him on the front..? :D that would grab ppl's attention! it's all in the timing! then have cartoon characters inside (team america style) and have him talking in caption bubbles praising the"glorious weed-er" bwhaha .. I dunno I'm high.

13. i like the suggestions above, maybe a good Title would be

"Forget everything you know and open your mind, because you have been lied to by our own governemnt"

And then continue on with

Deaths yearly

Tobbaco - 500 000

Alcohol - 150 000

Aspirin - 1000

Caffeine - 5000

Marijuana - 0

14. Hello blades, I will be making a pamphlet, Kingstun10, if you would like to PM me with anything you would like on the pamphlet, go ahead and PM me after I am done with the pamphlet... I will make a "rough draft"...

Hopefully this shit gets read tho...

PS: Been on a 4 week T-break so far... got 2 months to go.... damn

15. design a legit pamphlet that wouldn't be embarassing to distribute, email to me, and i will do my part here in the 603(NH) to get the word out.

was just thinking earlier today that if all the stoners in NH did shit like this maybe we could be a medical state.

16. sounds good, i will PM you some info

17. repping from nyc, i'm down to do this a lot of people that live in my neighborhood are homeowners and in todays world money=power so maybe if they read they'll do something.

it shouldnt have a weed leaf or a title with the word marijuana in it. instead, it should have a straight, hard fact as the title. something like "Nobody has ever died from marijuana overdose."

no matter what it is, many people will throw it the fuck out. for the people that agree we should have a message at the end with a link to this thread so more people can download it and distribute the message further. maybe ill carry some with me and randomly distribute them to different parts of the city.

this is some occupy wallstreet shit guys! weed are the 99%!!!!

18. Ill take a bag full of them and hand them out when i go skating so they will be all over the place lol

19. If you want a good list for information look up Granny Storm Crow's list . There is a vast amount of information that can be utilized not only that, Granny herself could give you advice on how to truly go about it. Just my 2 cents worth.