Lets share pics of our vegetable fruit harvests

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by doinYoda, Sep 7, 2013.

1. I have a dedicated 4'x8' raised bed I grow my root crops in outside. I do add fish bone meal to it every year and get more carrots and beets then we can use.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cheer's TimJ it's getting colder here in Australia were starting to need socks again in the mornings. Yeah i wasn't to happy with the phenotype that came out of the saved seed from the mini roma "honey drop" tomato's. This lot came out yellow & larger.

The original plant grew smaller orange fruit below & seemed to taste better.
    IMG_20220314_075621.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. #163 TimJ, Mar 13, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
    They look great to me. I always grow a yellow pear shaped variety. It's sweet and low acid. Beautiful cucumber you have there too @Digga.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Had no idea what i was doing im not a chippy, but there good enough for a Hobbit TimJ. Also got 5 full bowls of castings from the worm farm that i just added into the soil.
    IMG_20220318_114411.jpg

Still can't get fruit to set on my chillies again:confused_2:...

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. That's a beautiful setup with your raised beds Digga. Great score on the castings. I've had good luck with hand pollinating stubborn plants.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Been doing that just squashing the flower gently, maybe im doing it to gently hey. I'll be a bit more vigorous today after i get back from the kayak adventure Tim.

Cheer's for the compliment:thumbsup:...

Ps. Yeah it was my first harvest from the worm farm.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. Can I be your neighbor ...post me when theirs a a house for sale ....lol

That said my chilies Carolina Reaper have had a serious aphid infestation
    I don't get it I've tried neem and er everything,
    I've had them in my grow room with the vegging autos
    not one went onto the weed, they really do like the chilies

I've never seen anything like it?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. If your a quiet neighbour then yes, but ya can't complain about the Cocky's at 6am:roflmao:... I've just started on the backyard Mr, the front was done first so I've got a bit to do now.

This season i built a 12 meter 5 tier wire grape trellis with 2 different cuttings planted red & purple seedless & planted a Santa Rosa plumb tree.

Im waiting on this Vostok:metal:, it's bare rooted just having to wait 2 more months till there ready to be dispatched.
    IMG_20220212_101111.jpg

@TimJ I've found a couple of chillies developing on both plants today, im happy with this as i want there seeds. When are the seeds best to harvest from them, ripe or over ripe? Vostok you could answer this hey?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. [​IMG]
    totally erect post your results ....lol

seeds? I followed a yt vid that says leave them on as long as you dare, you want them aged

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Last big leek and assorted greens. All of this overwintered. I tried propagating kale last fall; it rooted, but bolted as soon as the temperature warmed up, so the tops are in there somewhere too.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  11. tom.jpg pepsquash.jpg
    First tomato just beginning to change colour, young pepper and Nantikoke squash.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Only managed a few bit's of fruit on both plants, done the deed and sampled the Naga Viper yesterday & fk:confused:... how can dopey humans actually say they enjoy this, the sweet bit at the very start is nice before the burning sets in...
    IMG_20220511_142448.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. right hahahahh
    im going to transplant mine into solo cups today
    from starter tray,in hopes of at least making it

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. so now all the garlic is in,it just to hot for it right now
    if next year i go 1 month earlier ,i might get them to finish right
    but what i want to share is the one picture with the bunching on the the three cloves
    mama planted 1 clove per hole,but these three had difrent ideas on the matter, do you think it is because of man messing with the genetics, these are store bought right from the organic section and planted
    also the weed finally went back to veg,it been soring 100 for a week here and that what it took i guess

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      2.7 MB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      2.7 MB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      2.7 MB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      2.8 MB
      Views:
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Great harvest @old shol4evr and Mrs.old shol4evr.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. im thinking of it all i might get 8 oz of salt or powder,she is dehydrating onions right now ,im going with 6 oz of powder on them

• Like Like x 1
  17. I always forget your not in a storage friendly zone for root crops.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. i had to take um just a little early tim ,the heat is on ,the stalks were a little mushy and several had already fell over so i just took them, come dec 1 i will replant more,we use onion and garlic for every thing ,you should try some of these texas legends or we call them 1015 sweet onions,made right in Texas AM university

• Like Like x 1
  19. I've only grown onions a few times as the last ex-wife and the current girlfriend do not like them. I'm not sure how a Texas onion variety would do in NY. We'll see how these Walla-walla onions do for me in the new bed I made for them. Your harvest inspired me to give onions a try again.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. i planted in mid dec what 5 months,are walla walla ,short day onions

• Like Like x 1