Lets share pics of our vegetable fruit harvests

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by doinYoda, Sep 7, 2013.

1. A pic of my fast, sweet corn with beans and squash interplanted. To the left, beans and sunflowers. Behind and to the right, a hugel bed with grapes, peas, sunflowers, cauliflower and mint. Hoping one of the mint varieties will naturalize as its good for the chickens. Gardening in Zone 2 so every harvest is a victory!! image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. My tomatoes
    IMG-20190405-WA0011.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  3. I take about 20-40g from this shelf every couple days, to prevent it from hitting the ceiling lights.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Second 3 yellow squash of the season. 15 gallon fabric pot using a basic no till soil with Coast of Maine Lobster compost. This is just a experiment using some bagged compost verses my own worm casting and or compost. They are tasty and very healthy plants. The second picture was first harvest.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  5. glad to have come across this thread

I’ve grown a bunch of peppers this year (mostly superhots—with a small mix of sweet peppers and some medium heat like habaneros).

I pulled the first pepper off my second to last pepper plant to sprout. this one was a late bloomer.

079E5A81-11D8-428C-8C9D-B3DEE6736297.jpeg
    D09C12F8-DD1D-4697-A8EC-44801A310A4B.jpeg 57D19C36-36B8-4A90-83C8-F6FD89141632.jpeg 3FDF85B0-D461-4536-8239-1579493C1AA7.jpeg

I can’t tell what kind of pepper it is, looks like it could be a hybrid of my ghost peppers and one of my habanero varieties.

it’s getting a couple days on the counter to finish ripening up— I pulled it two days earlier than I normally would, hoping to jumpstart the ripening of the rest of the peppers on the plant.

I’d love to see some more pictures of blades’ harvests this year, or end-products made with their harvests! :)

happy eating happy growing

• Like Like x 2
  6. I’m back with pics
    2D09E0A5-74DF-48DE-8CA3-C1F23B545365.jpeg
    97ACED87-D36F-4048-9FB7-B10FDD2D37A2.jpeg
    I’m guessing it’s a ghost pepper but will need to confirm with a taste test.

my previous post featured the first pepper harvested from my second to last bloomer of the season.
    this one came off the very last plant to bloom this season.

I’ve still got pods on both these plants and have been doing some thinking about harvest time since the weather is getting cooler fast.

wish I had a greenhouse :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. I really need to get a house vs an apartment and begin growing my food. Especially peppers like this because they look amazing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. #108 Santiago_and_Dunbar, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    I grew fingerling potatoes for the first time this year, got my tubers from Irish Eyes, it was a fantastic experience and a nice yield.

Pictured is only about 1/16 of my haul :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  9. How stable do your pepper hybrids usually come out? Have you had success with that?

10. :wave:
    so far, MY crosses have all been the result of accidental pollinations. I've never tried to save hybrid seeds and replant or produce any further generations. I would love to get into that with a more controlled, ideally year-round setup to work with. mine aren't very stable. I've even had single plants pop out three or four different colored pods.

the pros end up with incredibly stable phenos-- and that's how we end up with new peppers. I've heard that some of the interesting expressions can be lost in the process of getting a stable cross, though.

one of my personal favorite crosses is the Peach Ghost Scorpion. they crossed a Ghost and a Trinidad Scorpion and bred a peach colored skin out of it. they have great flavor and pretty intense heat. and look cool.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. Hydroponic Terra-Cotta tomato. Plant 10 ft tall, RO water, 6.0PH, best fertilizer, grown indoor. 6375F3C0-4452-4222-8610-00C1BB5C8920_1_201_a.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Don't have any pictures of them fruiting but here was my winter vegetable grow.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Goldman's Italian American tomato, hydroponic, RO water 5.9ph, 13ft tall plant D0CF82D7-E332-4035-B08D-978FEDB253CC.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  14. that seems a little large and not wrinkly enough for a ghost pepper...

IMG_5973.jpg
    Pimiento and Ghost peppers

• Like Like x 4
  15. beautiful ghosts you have there :)

that pod you quoted ended up throwing me off, I should've come back and updated.
    definitely not a pure ghost... wasn't near as hot as the ones that I knew were ghosts and you're right, not as wrinkled either. it must've been a variety whose name got lost in the season lol.

16. some poblano, lunchbox orange and ghost peppers for dinner.. (probably only use half of a ghost). the best part about home grown, ...can't get much fresher.
    IMG_1506.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  17. 54728388-9E2B-45E1-9266-A63D3CC5859D.jpeg 4A8E0851-58A9-4D94-A715-73B9626D2CCB.jpeg
    Your garden organization is pretty diametrically opposite my philosophy, but those nice uniform rows are super satisfying to look at.

Here’s a couple of harvest pics from my garden. First is the proceeds of my spring garden, second is the tomato haul at the end of August. Dreaming of warmer weather over here.

Edited as best as I can on mobile...

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Those tomatoes would make a damn fine pasta or pizza sauce. Makes me just wanna grab one, slice it up and put on a sammich.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. We canned up a big batch of salsa. Turned out pretty well.

20. Yeah you can't go wrong with pretty much anything you'd make from em. Canning is amazing BTW. I really miss doing that.

• Like Like x 1