Lets share pics of our vegetable fruit harvests

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by doinYoda, Sep 7, 2013.

1. You’re hilarious!
    Thats a tater I won’t soon forget.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Lol, I lost the bandaid along with the rest of the nail that was left on, 2 hrs ago. Got caught between a 9x12' sliding door and concrete block wall.lost the whole nail but it's coming back.
    KIMG7024.JPG
    Haaa

• Like Like x 3
  3. Nice job ya klutz. But, have you ever sliced your thumb in half like this. 20220806_191640.jpg
    Ok,who's next with the thumb injuries?

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. know what you mean, as a mechanic i got were i can just press my nails with my thumb and break them hahaha, still today it dont take much ,same with toe nails ,so many years in steel toe boots my toe nails just break off, i were sheets out and the lady gets pissed, cant help it they just break and grab on and bam there a hole in the sheet, hurts like crazy waking up to a snagging hahah.
    got into the bed couple nights ago and mama said what was that sound, i said a ghost i bet , she said well the ghost sound like a ripping sheet , i dunno all i could come up wit lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Same here @old shol4evr. I always like to think those ripped sheets were cause by the awesome wild sex we had... But, it always ends up being one of my toenails.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. At least youse guys have all your toenails. I had a ton on a pallet crush my 2 big toes and 2 pinky toes, they used a lazer to cut out my toenails. I was driving a truck in NYC then,I'll be kind and not include any pics haa!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. With the similarity of our injuries we may be related or maybe just retarded. I tried to avoid killing some jackas8 and backed over my own foot with a walk behind fork truck it crushed my left foot. No lazer toenail removal though. Ya got me there.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. has anyone ever tried to prune back the leaves on broccoli ?
    these dang things are trying to bust through my bug cloth hahaha have a frezze in forecast tonight​

9. Indoor efforts include lettuce (from trimmed base bought in supermarket), Ghost Pepper (one of two currently working), and mystery tomato (also one of two working).
    IMG_20230105_115757855.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  10. Good job man, I never started mine,
    I'm thinking of putting my lights in my house by southwest window and keep the heat inside . Price of electric has gone up alot!
    Btw,do Vegys taste like outside grown?

• Like Like x 2
  11. id think more like what you buy at grocery, all that is hydro veggies and some even say organic
    i was just looking at lettuce at wal mart and all i could say to the wife was i would be embarrassed to say that came from my garden

• Like Like x 1
  12. I've grown Tiny Tim tomatoes in no-till and they tasted as good as my outdoor tomatoes. Store tomatoes are only tomatoes by name. Zero flavor or nutrition.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Our iceberg and romaine lettuce farmers have been hit with drought conditions in 2022. It also caused more disease issues to spring up. The cost to the consumer was a 400% increase in cost and a lack of these lettuces in our markets. I was just talking to someone about the empty heads of iceberg lettuce at the stores so I did some research.

• Like Like x 1
  14. you know anything healthy cost big bucks
    junk food you can afford and is worse for your health than any other, there is no question why america is obese

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. This fanciful little experiment may spur a more serious effort; so far, only one cabinet dedicated to these but I can squeeze in more starts amongst the Leaf of Life. Tomato wont hit maturity for another week or two but I'll post a taste test when it does. The second tomato is hiding behind my flowering set in the main space and the second Ghost Pepper is taking advantage of a 90 w UFO in my vanity cabinet.
    Image754.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  16. are you running all them under a spring cycle of light or summer ?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ok it’s official.
    I am going to take an entire 4x 8 bed out of cannabis production and move it into veggies, mainly tomatoes. I grew a tomato plant that popped out of a corner of a bed years ago and it absolutely took off, overtook the wall I let it spread to and produced some of the tastiest maters I’ve ever eaten. It’s legal for me to grow veggies and cannabis at my facility and I can even sell them at my dispensary.
    Fresh organic tomatoes and kind bud anyone?:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. if you put the grape or cherry tomatoes in that order , folks love them , i do for munchies that dont load you with unhealthy thing and they grow in abundance like out of control for one person to handle hahaha
    poppers is what we call them here

• Like Like x 2
  19. Yup, I’ve got a cut from last summer’s tomato plants. MT gold I think. Lots of poppers!

• Like Like x 1