Let's see if we can get this moving

Discussion in 'General' started by svtpm, Mar 29, 2013.

1. *Before I start, I would like to say I got the idea from someone on this forum, but I don't remember his username*

Okay so, you know how currently everyone on facebook, everyone has the red background with an equals sign? What if everyone for legalizing marijuana would do the same, except with a green background. Starting on April 20th till April 27th?

I think it would be really cool, and I made this thread at just having a chance of this catching on.

2. I like the idea, but there's a lot of people that wouldn't want that on their facebook for everyone to see.

3. Exactly.

Get people alone and away from external influences, and their opinions change considerably, and you'll find that most (perhaps even as high as 75%+) would find nothing wrong with legalizing cannabis.

However, speaking out in public on that topic, regardless of our current state of legal flux, still has many negative implications, especially those in right-to-work states that can terminate your employment for damn near any reason.

4. Ill do it

People post pictures of themselves half naked, acting foolish, alcohol in pictures, pictures of them being drunk as fuck

I can sacrifice one day for this because i rarely post anything on FB aNd this is for a positive movement

5. those little pictures on fb are slacktivism at its best

6. Change your profile pic to Charmander to support victims of Anal Cancer.

7. This is similar to liking a cancer awareness page.

It makes people feel like they actually did something when in reality they didn't, and it won't change a single thing.

If you really want to help, email your senator, representative, and whoever else you can think of.

Facebook doesn't do shit.

8. I was wondering where and why all that red shit on facebook came from, random trend...

not that I have anything against same sex marriage but as the above person said, it doesn't do shit.

9. not true...fb can be effective! the 90s are all that started because of social media. lol

10. i laughed my ass off at the 'ally week' horse shit. like as if that ms paint masterpiece would change anything. :rolleyes:

i'd do it if i wasn't such a wimp about what employers/family might think about it. :bolt:

11. I'm not implying that this "picture movement" will accomplish anything. It's just a fun thing to do in my opinion. If you want to make a difference, contact your senators and what not.

And you can be for legalizing marijuana without using it. You could say that you just want liberty, or you are fond of the benefits hemp brings.

12. Considering the amount of employers that check their employees (or potential employees) Facebook pages these days, I have to admit that I would not even risk posting a legalize-weed type profile picture.

Profile pictures are visible to everyone. I'd maybe share a link or something on Facebook and state my stance to the people I'm friends with, but I'm currently job hunting, so I'm not about to advertise a pro-weed stance to the entire public without any real context.

That's just my two cents though. :p

13. ^Just another reason why I don't have a Facebook.