Lets. Make. ZOMBIES!

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by iliekweed, Jun 14, 2010.

1. So earlier today I was watching some zombie movies, and was trying to figure out how exactly zombies would be possible. First we have to define what a zombie is, in this case, your typical horror movie type zombie. But how would something like this be possible?

I personally think 28 days later was on the right track, with a virus that increases rage and aggression, but what would cause another person to crave human flesh? Come on guys, help me figure out how to make a zombie outbreak :O!

2. #2 datdanky, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2010
    YAY! 1st post.

I always think about this.
    I would think some sort of fungi or protista could settle in the brain and just start shutting down the liver, stomach, intestines, sexaul organs....anything expect the brain and heart. The heart will pump very slowly just making sure the body can move. Then the fungus will start to plant itself in the brain telling the brain just to do one thing(go bite humans).

Fungus like this do exist...in ants fungus exists that tells the brain what to do inside the ant. The fungus gets the ant to go back to the nest and then the fungus go kills all the ants.

I like these zombies better then the 28 days later version of zombies.
    The zombies in 28 days later all starve...I think the zombies created by a fungus could last years because all they need is the heart and brain so the cells all around the body will die but the fungus could keep the heart and brain alive my supplying its own energy.

3. Zombieland. They said instead of madcow disease that it was mad human disease. :|

4. Lmao, I've always thought It would be a challenge if the world suddenly broke out with people eating people. Why is it that I'm the only one in the group I usually smoke with think that the world turning into zombies would be fucking awesome? I'm glad to see some people on here are too! I'll be sure to check GrassCity when zombies attack!

You're the start to the new Umbrella Corp.
    "Come on guys, help me figure out how to make a zombie outbreak :O!"

5. human rabies.

6. i love zombies

7. [​IMG]
    This book is a must read for anyone who likes zombies.

8. I have that exact book! I bought it when i was like 16?

9. Same here, its one of the best books i've ever read.

10. Could you give us a preview?

11. #11 David5534, Jun 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2010
    Its been a few years since i read it but it basically covers all you need to know to survive different types of zombie outbreaks and it goes through a lot of hypothetical situations too. Here is the Wikipedia page i found that should help give you a better idea about the book The Zombie Survival Guide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

12. i do think at some point on this planet there will be an outbreak of zombies. i say the government will test some new drug in our water and poof ZOMBIELAND.

13. i would make a colony with marijuana as the cash crop. think about it in a world full of zombies people will need to relax and something like that would be in high demand.

14. i had the guide too but it only covered slow zombies actually. i think that if they were that slow they would be easily dispatched anyway.

15. haha the survival guide is pretty sweet, and its gonna be a must read when zombies do start ravaging the world! Me thinks we need to form up a group of grasscity scientists to start creating a zombie virus. Genetically alter mad cow disease to do the same shit with humans, or some type of parasite that would take over the host like resident evil 4 type shit. All I know is I wanna wake up in the morning, kill some fucking zombies, come home, blaze a blunt and get a good nights sleep. That would be some serious shit. Im bakeeeeddd.

16. Zombie is reanimated dead which is hard to do. But turning living people batshit insane is easier.
    A virus that would enlarge the amygdala increase testosterone while simultaneously destroying long and short term memory would do the trick. All it takes is one microbiologist who hates the world.

The enlarged amygdala would create rage and hate, the increased testosterone would make you stronger and faster the depreciation of memory would make you forget about your loved ones and reduce you to primal instincts and since it's a virus it can travel through air, water, saliva.

Get a boat, and get to the nearest island and wear a mask. Let's kill some motherfuckers! Hoo-RAH!

17. thats not really zombies as everyone would just be fighting the shit out of each other until no one is standing.

But that is more hardcore then zombies

18. Haitians have made "zombies". not the kind popularized by the George Romero, but people thought to be dead that have came back to life.

19. Not true. It was some guy who gave a dude some sort of 'medicine' that drastically reduced his blood pressure so everyone thought dude was dead but he was actually just passed out.