Lets make this simple.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KittyInACup619, Aug 6, 2011.

1. I have many questions, because I am going through my first grow. I'm new to this site still, so forgive me for not looking through any stickies or other threads. I've researched these questions to the best of my abilities, so I figure I may as well turn to GC. I'll number them off.

1) My plants are about 2 months into veg and are still showing no signs of sex. How long until they start showing?

2) The plants seem to be growing upward rather than outward. I've also heard the 'bushiness' shows a plants maturity. Why could they be moving so fast upward and so slow outward? / Could this be related to question 1?

3) Some of the plants have a red top to some of the fan leaves branches (the whole stem isn't red, just the top portion). I've read this could a myriad of things, but I'd really like to know if I should worry.

I can reply in more detail. I need some responses first.

2. I have many questions, because I am going through my first grow. I'm new to this site still, so forgive me for not looking through any stickies or other threads. I've researched these questions to the best of my abilities, so I figure I may as well turn to GC. I'll number them off.

1) My plants are about 2 months into veg and are still showing no signs of sex. How long until they start showing?
    there is no guarantee that every strain of MJ will show preflowers with out being switched to 12/12... do your plants get some dark time or do you run 24/0 light?
    2) The plants seem to be growing upward rather than outward. I've also heard the 'bushiness' shows a plants maturity. Why could they be moving so fast upward and so slow outward? / Could this be related to question 1?
    perhaps you have your lights too far away... u could also "top" them
    3) Some of the plants have a red top to some of the fan leaves branches (the whole stem isn't red, just the top portion). I've read this could a myriad of things, but I'd really like to know if I should worry.
    i would need to see a pic, or better description

I can reply in more detail. I need some responses first.

3. ............

4. #5 KittyInACup619, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I've been kind of hesitant to top them. I fucked up their leaves with neem oil and I've been waiting until they grow enough new ones and look good again. will topping them make the colas smaller?

they were indoor for a good month and a half getting t5 on a 24/0. I just transplanted them into 5 gallon pots and put them outside. I let them get 2 to 3 hours or dark a day, although I'm trying to ease them down to 18/6. they'll get there.
    and the strains I am growing I got from three different kinds of bud. g13, fire kush,
    and trainwreck. I can hopefully post some pictures of the stems, but I don't think it's anything to worry about. besides reddening stems, what else would the plant do to show it has a deficiency?

5. #6 KittyInACup619, Aug 6, 2011
    thank you man. could fire kush make purple stems? I recall those buds being purple.

6. All strains are going to have red stems. Its like a vein in your arm. Plants are the same. Stripey stems on plant branches and stems are a good sign. If they were beetroot then i would cut down on some nitrogen but its fine and good to have stripey stems.

7. #8 KittyInACup619, Aug 6, 2011
    thank you a lot twista. all that reading got me worried.

8. The first thing to do when growing is not to stress.
    (luck).
    :)

9. you probably have a stavia weed which grows long it has its on different high from the incan thats short and wide

10. #11 KittyInACup619, Aug 6, 2011
    I have bi-polar disorder, so that's a challenge haha. I got into growing because it helps calm me down. it gives me something to focus on, to care for, something to practice, etc. I've grown pretty attached to my babies. I really want to see them live to flower :)

yeh, I'm surprised no one has said that! wouldn't sativas fill out nonetheless?

11. yeah I know haha, noobs thats the first thing i notice about a plant if its sativa or indica or it can be both in most cases.. Sativa is the best high (my opinion) makes you wanna do stuff indica is like a stoner high down lol

12. I know the difference but not sure how the come up as seeds. If its the way these are then I'm guessing all sativa.

13. well you wont tell until like week 3-4

14. most are sativas but a couple are indicas. I am LST'ing my indicas (because I'm a stupid fuck and didn't read that sativas are way better to lst), and they are significantly bushier than the rest. indicas are a good night smoke, and sativas are good for anytime(8

15. there you go!