Let's make some KWISO

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Deleted member 86623, Oct 12, 2008.

1. anything less than 91% is garbage for ISO extractions.

2. Hi, its impossible for me to get 91% without becoming a DR , asking the police for permission or brewing it myself, so the guy at the pharmacy gave me a bottle of surface disinfectant (75%)
    it contains Ethanol and 2-Propanol. Does this sound like something i could use to make qwiso?

3. Dude... Walgreens. Walmart. Cvs. Target. Kroger. Food lion. Even online... It's definitely not impossible. They wouldn't stock it in ALL other stores then randomly just not that one alone in your area.

And no. Don't use surface disinfectant

• Like Like x 1
  4. Where the hell do you live?

5. #725 Im blunter, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2013
    The only alcohol I recommend to use is an alcohol that has no other ingredients other than alcohol and water.
    You could dry your alcohol, you could use magnesium sulfate to dry the water out of your alcohol to make it 99%

6. Wow, quick replies heheh. Well i live in norway, any alcohol above 60% is classed as a narcotic x) a quick search (wich i should have performed before posting my question x) tells me that '2-propanol' is isopropyl alcohol, and ethanol is well what we all get drunk off. So..it should work right? I just wanted to see if anyone have used this kind of "mix" before. Dont want to explode after a hit ;D

• Like Like x 1
  7. I guess it should work then but im no chemist here.

• Like Like x 1
  8. So it's 60% drinking alcohol 40% propanol or is there some water in there?
    If that's what the box says then yes you could use that, just make sure it doesn't have anything else in it and it will work fine for an extraction.

9. Well the bottle says it contains : 575 g/kg Ethanol and 117 g/kg 2-Propanol.

The datasheet says Ethanol (30-60%), Propan-2-ol (5-15%) and Propan-1-ol (0-1%)

As i wrote earlier its used as a surface disinfectant so i guess it does not leave anything behind after its evaporated. (imagine surgeon tools with sticky chemicals left on them heh) Will try to evaporate some on a mirror, and if it looks ok i guess i will make some QWETHISO :)

10. Those are very unspecific guidelines...
    60+15+1=76%
    So what's the rest made up of, if I were you i would try and get some butane

11. HAHA that had me drying!!!!

12. HAHA this had me dying!!!!!

13. Just did this to my 3 year old sharpstone! It worked out great! it looks light golden brown and i got quite a bit. used 70% and had it evap for about 12 hours smoking it later so ill probably post back with a photo of the end results. Thanks for all the help blades. :smoke:

14. #734 Quatro, May 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2013
    cant wait to try this shit, I cleaned my grinder out today but i cant clean the fucking screen, also my wand broke so I'm going to soak that as well considering theres a ton of black gold on the inside.

also me and op got the same grinder

edit: question, and i would appreciate if someone send me a message with the answer, would it be a good idea to soak all of the parts individually or can I just throw the whole thing in the iso?

update: almost finished evaporating (put a fan on it) and whats left of the iso is a deep deep gold which I've been told is a really good thing, and it looks like the yield is gonna be good too.

party on.

update 2: was able to scrape a tiny tiny tiny tiny bit of end product already onto the blade and I tested it, I dont like the taste much at all but I definitely feel more high off that tiny bit, ill give it a c+ but ill wait until I can try a proper amount

15. Okay sorry, I only read the first 2 pages but do you put the kief that's already in the kief tray in the iso as well with the grinder parts? Hopefully this is not a stupid question...

16. U can or u can scrape it into something to save it, which I would recommend since this whole thing is about reclaiming the kief from a dirty grinder

Sent from my XT1030 using Grasscity Forum mobile app