Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Let's make a tincture! (A simple guide)

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by raspberry365, Feb 28, 2012.

1. This is going to be a very simple guide to making a great tincture. This is based on a guide I found a few months back. The post lacks pictures and is a little cluttered and disorganized, so hopefully this will make the info easier to get at. The original guide can be seen here: Master Wu's Green Dragon

Anyway, down to it.

You will need:

1. 1/2 oz of shake/trimmings (Or any amount, just keep the ratio to the 151 the same)
    2. 8 oz Bacardi 151
    3. Instant read thermometer
    4. A pot of water
    5. A glass container
    6. Cheesecloth or a coffee filter
    7. An hour of free time

Step 1:
    5 mins at 325 F (Oven)

-Preheat your oven to 325 F.
    -Line an oven-safe container with tin foil, and spread your weed out on it.
    -Put it in for 5 mins.

[​IMG]

Step 2:
    20 mins at 170 F (Water bath)

-Combine weed booze in glass container, and insert thermometer.
    -Place glass container in a pot of water, and heat on stove. I find that it works well to heat the water until it's just about boiling, but not quite. The cannabis/151 mixture will rise gradually in temperature.
    -Once it hits 170 F maintain that temperature for 20 minutes, stirring mixture occasionally. The mixture should turn a very dark green.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 3:
    Strain and store

-Strain out the solid material with your coffee filter or cheesecloth. You should be left with about half the amount of liquid you started with.
    -Store in a tincture bottle or small mason jar. Keep in a cool dark place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 4:
    Test it out and determine potency

-Try it! Use an eyedropper (from an herbal extract or tincture bottle) and either put it under your tongue, then rinse with water and swallow, or simply add it to any drink.
    -Typical dose can be anywhere from a few drops to two or more full droppers. I typically take 1 dropperfull for a nice body high, or 2 to put myself in outer space. After making it a few times, you'll get the hang of making every batch pretty similar potency (depending on the quality if your weed).

That's it. I hope this is helpful, and easy to follow. Also, if you have an empty bottle from another product (green tea extract, for example) you can bring it anywhere and no one will question it. It's great for trips, especially when you have to go through the airport.