Let's legalize pot!!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by AdamM, Mar 12, 2011.

1. I say it's time to end the prohibition of pot!

It's time to stop all the arrests over a simple cannabis
    plant. This is a law that is ruining lives.

Innocent cannabis users are being arrested for simple possession,
    and are coming out with scars from their prison experience.

This cycle needs to end.

So let's all get together and legalize this wonderful plant!!!!

2. Exactly the prohibition needs to end dude

3. Great...Where do we begin? Though I am not for a violent revolution as has been suggested (maybe in jest) I need this shit to be legalized...We have facts and ethics on our side....They have lobbyists. How the fuck are we losing again?

4. I think you might of been the first person to think of this.

My mind is blown never heard of such an idea. I was enjoying the prohibition too.

:eek:

5. When I started using cannabis some 40-odd years ago, there wasn't even the CONCEPT of medical use. If you used cannabis, you were grouped with speed freaks and heroin addicts- all use was abuse! A "non-smokable" amount could get you 20 years in prison in California*.

Today about 70% of the US supports medical use, although our government likes to ignore this fact. :p As of January 1, 2011, an ounce or less of cannabis is a $100, traffic-ticket type, offense in California.

The difference between then and now, is education.

Every one of those folks who now support medical use learned something about cannabis that changed their mind about it.

Toward the end of educating everyone about this amazing healing herb, I have put together "Granny's List"- that first link in my sig. It is a compilation of links to medical studies and articles about them. I want you to think of an ailment that scares the bejeezus out of you- cancer, Alzheimer's, MRSA ("flesh-eating bacteria"), blindness from diabetes, Mad Cow Disease, MS, intractable neuropathic pain, heart disease, epilepsy, strokes.... and look it up in my list. Read what you find.

I would hope that after taking a look at my list, all of you would see many possible uses for it. Sending doctors the latest studies, or news articles to politicians, about how cannabis can stop breast cancer, or ease the tremor of Parkinson's. Most doctors are clueless when it comes to cannabis! :confused: And the politicians know even less! :eek: Guess who gets to educate them! :wave:

And shouldn't "Aunt Rose with the bad arthritis" know how cannabis can ease her pain and not upset her stomach (or worse) like the prescription drugs? And that she can grow her medicine among her roses for pennies a dose?(Stamps are 44 cents and the post office does not require return addresses. ;) )

Have a petition drive coming up? Make a print-up and put it on the table- let folks see what cannabis can do. You might even have a laptop set up for them to read the articles for themselves right on the spot!

And guess what? If you like the "Granny's List" here at GC , send me an email and I'll send you a free PDF of an even bigger version! (check out the bottom of my sig).

Granny :wave:

*"On December 26, 1968, (Timothy) Leary was arrested again, in Laguna Beach, California, this time for the possession of two roaches of marijuana, which Leary claimed were planted by the arresting officer...... On January 21, 1970, Leary received a ten-year sentence for his 1968 offense, with a further ten added later while in custody, for a previous arrest in 1965, twenty years in total to be served consecutively. (Wikipedia) :eek:

6. I'm sure the gov't knows about it. They just want to get paid for ignoring our cries.
    As long as they are getting paid for it, legalization will be slow as hell.
    We are at a stalemate. Rationality vs. Wealth. Guess who's winning.

7. Hey everyone bump thins thread, like it,post it, qoute it. SPEAD THE WORD!

8. We All Need to seriously Unite as quickly as possible or legalization of marijuana is gonna be difficult as hell. There are nazi's in the government and they don't care about anything but themselves, power, and money. I have seen it personally. "Wake up" as many people as you possibly can. Especially with Earth having tsunamis and earth quakes everywhere, imagine how many innocent people are locked in a prison/jail while disasters are happening, it is wrong!!! that is very very dangerous. it is a total crime against humanity.

9. "we need to legalize pot" cries the anonymous stoner on a weed smoking forum....

10. ron paul for hemp victory: Ron Paul: Hemp for Victory | Mother Jones
    --
    Though the recession triggered the current budget stalemate in Congress, its roots can be traced back to Rep. Ron Paul of Texas and his quixotic bid for the 2008 Republican presidential nomination. While his campaign didn't win a single primary, the Ron Paul Revolution minted a new generation of libertarian activists and his supporters helped lay some of the organizational and ideological groundwork for the tea party movement that swept in a raft of small-government legislators last fall, including Paul's son, Republican Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky.
    For the first time since I began writing about Paul and his movement more than three years ago, he agreed to speak with me over the phone yesterday. The occasion was his desire to talk about his support for legalizing industrial hemp. Hemp, a non-psychoactive variety of cannabis famously grown by the likes of George Washington and promoted in the World War II propaganda film [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne9UF-pFhJY"]Hemp for Victory[/ame], is an envrionmentally-friendly source of fiber and protein. Paul is the author of several hemp legalization bills, the latest of which will be promoted in May during the second annual Hemp History Week.
    Rep. Paul spoke with me about why the federal ban on the super-fiber is further evidence of "government stupidity," how liberals and libertarians can cooperate in the budget debate, and his plans for 2012.
    Mother Jones: Hemp is a natural, eco-friendly fiber with a wide range of industrial uses, none of which involve getting high. So why has Congress been treating it like an illegal drug?
    Ron Paul: Because they don't have any common sense and they don't know what they are talking about and it's sort of an hysterical reaction to the drug war. If they had any sense at all they would just legalize it like it was for most of our history. So it is rather bizarre.
    Advertise on MotherJones.com

MJ: Your son, the freshman senator Rand Paul, also supports legalizing hemp. But why don't more of his colleagues in the Tea Party Caucus, which is supposed to stand for getting government out of the way of economic growth?
    RP: I think they are intimidated because they've built up this idea that it's related to drugs. I mean, it was a consequence of the drug war that this happened. But it just doesn't make any sense. So I don't know. I do my best. I introduced legislation. We talk about it a lot. And it would be an economic benefit to all of us to have it. Why should we allow products to be made in Canada and then we buy the products made out of hemp and they come back into the United States?
    “I think I probably have more allies from the progressive side when we talk about how to get the budget under control.”
    It would be a good crop. If we really needed ethanol, maybe [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6cKjdIej04"]ethanol from hemp[/ame] might be beneficial. But no, we subsidize one thing and make the other stuff that might be useful illegal. So I hope someday that the people wake up, because the Congress is asleep. They assume that that the average person supports the idea that hemp should be illegal. But quite frankly, I think the average person doesn't know. If they knew more about it, they would support my position of legalizing it.
    MJ: Libertarians don't always agree with progressives, but there's more overlap than many people realize. Where else do you think that both groups can work together to get things done in Congress this year?
    RP: I think I probably have more allies from the progressive side when we talk about how to get the budget under control. In spite of the image of most progressives-and there are some who don't really worry about the deficit-but there are some serious-minded progressives who would like to cut back and pay the bills. And where we agree on that is the foreign adventurism. Not so much on the domestic spending.
    As a libertarian, I don't endorse philosophically the many domestic programs and I'm willing to work on a transition. So I say: Let's cut the unnecessary wars. Let's cut the foreign aid. Let's cut all the empire building which costs trillions of dollars and maybe we could tide ourselves over. But for some conservatives to start tinkering with the budget with health care or education for the poor, that doesn't make any political sense to me.

11. yes i agree Ron Paul for President is our only hope at this point! that is for legalization...if we did have a chance this would be it!

We need to spread the word around about Ron Paul...he is one of the only politicians i have ever agreed with on multiple topics...we will see what happens

PUFFER

12. Why has this man defiled Postal Blowfish's avatar??

13. Just keep smoking, mj prohibition is imploding, more and more people are seeing weed for what it really is....just another way to unwind and enjoy life.....:smoke:

14. why didnt i think of that

15. Sure, he isn't making a statement to the people that need to hear it, but this mentality is important if progress is going to continue to be made!

16. Ah but mind you now are you really making progress.

One could argue that all of these states coming out for medicinal and even legalization, ask yourself is anything legitimately important actually happening or are you just getting a little more slack on your chains in which drags you down everyday.

17. :metal:YEAHHH!!!:metal:

18. WE NEED TO RALLY! We need to march straight to DC, straight into the belly of the beast, look the evil injustice in eyes, and ask...WHY?! WHY DO YOU DENY GODS GIFT?!... This magical herb rises from the ground and mends the stress and clutter modern society engraved into our minds... To you, green may only mean money, but TO US, IT MEANS HAPPINESS, LOVE, PEACE.....LIFE! You can not take me away from MARY JANE, for I love her and SHE LOVES ALL!

:smoke:

19. This thread is important!

Bump!