Let's grow a pound, without any bottled nutrients.

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by theBeesFamily, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Now days everyone is feeding their plants synthetic nutrients. I never understood the reasoning behind that, it doesn't make your bud better, and it's harmful especially if used by people with medical needs who depend on it.

Feeding your plants synthetics nutrients is like giving a child concentrated synthetic nutrition supplements instead of giving him healthy meals. your plants need a balanced meal just as much- and you get out what you put in. it blows my mind that some people swear by synthetics.
    Also: growing organic DOES NOT mean using roots organic bottled nutrients.

I'm sure it's been don't before- but I'm going to start a journal of one grow start to finish, 3 Lost Coast OG Kush, 2 Lemon Thai, 2 Blueberry, and a Lemon Kush Headband.
    I mix my own soil, peat moss, small bit of coco, pearlite, and compost, home made compost from my family's kitchen scraps, and our vegetable garden.. we also got chickens this year so I will be trying compost/manure teas[​IMG]

By the way I don't want to offend you synthetic growers, I just want to show you someone growing from the heart- the way it always should be grown. It's about quality man. The real medical benefits are in organic bud.

• Like Like x 16
  2. #2 Atmo, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    What kinda lights are you workin with?
    awesome, though.. I will make a journal on my next go around I think... am in the middle of flower with my first organic grow and I didn't even take notes other than what I've posted on here.. definitely regret that! It's going great, though... I will never go back to synthetics that's for sure. Mother Nature all the way.

Looking forward to your journal.. stick with it to the very end! I see a lot of people fizzle out of their journals :p

• Like Like x 2
  3. Show me a picture of weed you've grown and I'll tell you how full of shit you are.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Which part, I'm wondering, do you think he's full of shit about? Synthetic nutes vs organic? Growing a pound? Just curious! Not stepping into an argument, I am ill equipped to argue either side, but I definitely like the idea of organic growing over synthetic nutes for sure. I guess it depends on your definition of "better" quality.. from all the stuff I've read (and obviously we're in the organic forum so...) organic growing seems better in many aspects, but I'm sure there are some pros and cons to each, and everyone has their own opinions and ways of doing things. I did one grow synthetic nutes and am currently in flower on my first organic grow, so I can't really preach from experience yet, just from what I see and read here.

Also.. based on your avatar, this has nothing to do with anything but I have to quote it.... "YOU GOT KNOCKED THE FUGG OUT!" :biggrin: Love that movie.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stick around man, like I said I don't mean to offend anyone, I know there are plenty of hydro growers and non organic growers that have great yields, if not incredible yields of beautiful buds using nothing but synthetic nutrition. This post is to show straight organic, no bottled anything.
    This is not a comparison.
    though my opinion is that I get headaches and anxiety from dispensary bud grown with synthetics and I think that anyone using cannabis for a legitimate medical purpose should be given organic cannabis because I think the plant lives healthier and has a healthier flower, I also know that I get the best medical benefits from cannabis grown organically- this post isn't going to change anyone's mind or take anything from people who fuel their plants with chemicals that they don't know much about, but I hope that people who are interested in growing organically and are familiar with the benefits of organics can appreciate this.
    Don't tell me there is any better cannabis than bud grown outdoors under the sun in the DIRT with no bottles shit fed to it. No stoner could ever argue that. I don't care who you are.

• Like Like x 6
  6. [​IMG]
    Update

• Like Like x 6
  7. Yeah but plants and humans have different digestive systems.

• Like Like x 1
  8. #8 theBeesFamily, Jan 18, 2017
    Also man, if you think organic growing is all hype, or something, consider that this 94' Chemdog has never EVER been fed anything- at all. I'm not the worlds top ranked master grower, and this isn't the best plant in existence but considering this plant has never had any bottled nutrients and shows zero signs of deficiency, organic growing had got to be recognized.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  9. I use MH for the veg and I have 1000 w HPS for flower the recent picture were from one in there flowering now. Just switched to hortilux bulbs.
    Thanks for the support man

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Please put some pants on before taking a photo. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1

12. She does look healthy! So what do you feed her? Or is it all just in the soil from the beginning?

• Like Like x 1
  13. It's all in the soil man! It's peat moss, pearlite and compost. The compost was a mix of bagged compost from a farm store, cotton burr. And a lot of home made compost, (food, veggie garden and pot leaf and stems)

• Like Like x 3
  14. I will say though that I have in the past used molasses, about an ounce per gallon, it's what old people put on pancakes, but it did come from a bottle. It has no nitrogen or anything like that but it's used because the sugar and natural carbohydrates in it feed micro organisms in the soil.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Its not all hype just a different way to feed the plants. At the end of the day it all gets transformed into usable energy. Your plants nice.. I was talking about the bud tho, the dried finished buds. I know all about organics and synthetic. I'm just talking about the quality of your weed specifically. An organic farmer can have way worse weed then a synthetic farmer and vise versa , just depends on the skill level.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Looks like Nick Caffrey's lower half. (White Collar TV show)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Totally, back in the day all we had was brick weed from Mexico, I bet all that that weed had was dirt and sun, and it took smoking it all day just to get high. Then "dro" came around ( hydroponic ) which was no doubt synthetic, and one hit of that got us all higher that hours of back to back blunts of Mexico swag..
    But after living in Colorado and growing and smoking all different kinds, it's just my experience that even though organic and synthetic can totally compete, I have just found organic to be better for me. Clear, clean , and just flat good quality.
    But that's just me.
    I only 2 pictures of one of the last plants we harvested, I deleted a lot while being pulled over a few weeks ago[​IMG]
    This was Blueberry, from DJ short, a few weeks before harvest.
    [​IMG]
    And this is the only pic I have of her bud

• Like Like x 9
  18. #18 goodgrace87, Jan 18, 2017
    I don't necessarily think organic Growers Grow 4 yield They Grow for quality and taste which no one can argue is superior when you smoke organically grown bud

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 11
  19. The thing is, marijuana is a plant. Botanist's themselves claim that nutrient uptake in marijuana is no different then any other plant. It doesn't automatically ingest what you put onto the soil. It must be turned into usable energy first. Let's talk organics, microbes eat and shit and that's transformed into usable energy. If I were blindly arguing my side using illogical theory then I might say your smoking fresh bug shit.. But obviously I know that's not the case. Its interesting though because that's usually the same argument organic grower make against synthetic.. Bottom line, it doesn't work that way, and the only people that claim it does are stoners that read that on the internet. It's just literally not the way it works, it doesn't just suck up whatever you put in the soil. Life's way more complicated then that.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Do you have any suggestions on some store bought compost? I don't really have the means to make any of my own at the moment.