Lets Build a Clone Machine *Step by Step*

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Rumpleforeskin, Aug 13, 2009.

Sorry, most the stuff you are trying, is stuff I have not done yet. Let us know how it works out.

2. #1182 Atmo, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
    Most certainly will do! Another plan I had was to keep the actual pump in a container next to it, then feed the PVC/nozzles with tubing, so then the nozzles can get further down in the little box I have.

I will have to build it and take photos, kinda hard to describe - perhaps I can get that done soon, after I finish my light-proof vents!

honestly if I do that the distance from the nozzles to the top might not be much smaller than the big bucket, we shall see!

3. Starting my 2nd round using this cloner... Round one I got 6/8 to root shooting for perfection this next time after learning from a couple mistakes I made.

4. #1184 Hemp Hugger, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2014
    I have a 5/5 success rate with mine and its 4 different strains so this aero cloner works mine has a few tweeks to it but still one of the best pieces of grow equipment I have right now next to my new grow tent ;)

Itty Bitty Canna Committee- "Our Cup Runneth Over"

• Like Like x 1
  5. [quote name="doctorMJ" post="19533626" timestamp="1392561704"]I have had great success with this cloning method, including this recent experience -

Recently, I had two clones of GDP that were the last ones left in the cloner after the other three strains had rooted. I gave them about a month total and they still had not rooted. Their stalks (exposed to the spray/mist) looked wilted and mushy, but there was still green in some of the leaves up top. So I pulled them further down into the foam collars, exposing more stalk to the spray, and fired the cloner back up. After a total of six weeks, there are now roots from both of these "almost-gave-up-on-them" clones. I should also note that I had a very weak solution of distilled water and 1 ml per gallon each of GH Grow, Micro, and Bloom (that I never even changed out).

Moral of the story - If you have a strain you don't want to lose and they don't seem to root fast enough, don't give up on them (or this cloner).[/quote

• Like Like x 2
  6. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408103251.272218.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408103269.822359.jpg

Sweet! This little project was easy and works great! Saved me money and saved my clones!

A buddy was trashing his GDP and ak47 mothers that had seen better days... We cut em into long stalks, got home a few hours later, built the bucket, recut the clones, popped em in the bucket and they looked like shit! Wilted and falling over from... Less than 12 hours later they are all upright and looking good! Now let's wait for roots... So far so good! Thank you!

• Like Like x 4
  7. Ive noticed I take much smaller clones then everyone else does... Does it make a difference if they are bigger or smaller ive taken 5 clones and all five rooted...

Itty Bitty Canna Committee- "Our Cup Runneth Over"

Having built a few of these, I can recommend the EcoPlus Eco 264 (290GPH).  They retail for 20.95 and you can likely find them for a bit less.  They are quiet, consume minimal power (28W I believe), and produce a good flow for your sprayer nozzles.

• Like Like x 1
  9. For those interested in an assist with building the manifold, which is probably 50-75% of the work of building one of these buckets, you might consider snagging one of these to speed you on your way:

[​IMG]

They go for just under $30, and come with a tee out so you can install a bulkhead/hose/valve to either fill or drain your bucket.  It also comes with 1/2 in. threaded fittings that fit most pumps.  If you have a pump that has a different fitting, you can swap out for your size.  Everything is manufactured to 1/2 in. PVC spec, though the actual manifold is made from ABS (and is practically indestructible).  You can skip the glue/solvents and go straight to working perfectly.

The sprayers are the good EZ clone ones that never seem to clog.

Cheers!

10. Hello fellow growers.....and thank you rumple! I'm pretty stoked to build this... all I need is the pump....here's one I thought might do the job. Its an Ecoplus adjustable flowrate water pump.
    I thought of this because it alows me to set the pressure to the best mist capabilities. And it moves 172gph do you guys think this will cut it? Advice is appreciated.

BzerkO

Attached Files:

11. Please help...

BzerkO
    Please help...

BzerkO

12. It should work, you'll get a finer mist with the higher pressure setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  13. Glad I hang onto old aquarium junk, all I paid for is the nozzles! I'm cutting small discs out of an old neoprene workout mat. 16 holes in a litter bucket, soaks the floor 3' around it with the lid off. Thanks, Rumple! :D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Alright I built it!! I modified it to suit my needs but all credit is yours. And thanks again for this great break down...I never woulda thought to build my own. So thank you for saving me time and money :) hope you enjoy.

BzerkO

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hey rumple... Ive been searching for light schedules on cloning, and didn't come up with anything. Do you match the mother plants light schedule? Or do 24hr? please help. And thanks again.

BzerkO

Attached Files:

16. I keep it real simple. I veg, clone, and maintain my mums in 24 hour light cycle.

17. My mother plant is 16/8 should I match it? Or keep it on 24? What best?

BzerkO

Not trying to steal rumple's thunder here...but you can do either, in my experience.  I usually do 16/8 because that's what my veg/mother room is on.  Keep the pump running 24/7 tho...

I have to ask, looking at your pictures, aren't you concerned about having a clear plastic container?  I was always told roots needed to happen in a dark container.  I'm not sure you are going to be happy with that, personally.

19. Thank you good sir..
    And yes my pump is 24/7 but I didn't know if it was better to match the schedule it alredy had or switch to 24. And those pics were premature, I've since made it light proof, and of course I installed the net pots and inserts. Thank you!

BzerkO

• Like Like x 1
  20. Know its not aero but figured id post anyhow.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1