Lets Build a Clone Machine *Step by Step*

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Rumpleforeskin, Aug 13, 2009.

1. i was just about to ask the same question lol, and thank you got the step by step i built a bucket and a tub yesterday in under an hour

2. I'll jump in here and say probably not, assuming you are talking about clones that you are trying to root in a clone machine. At that stage, they don't need much light, and the primary threat they face is drying out. You would probably be better served by just getting a couple of CFL lights to use while you are waiting for your clones to root.

3. ok ok i read ya bud ,thanks alot ,right i have a 600 cfl low heat light ,will this do it??

4. What do you mean by 600? Did you mean 6000K then?

For clones you just need a 50w cfl blue spectrum light (6000-6500K) while they root. That's enough but fine to go to a 150w cfl. But while rooting clones need very little light.
    You could do it with the 400w HPS but it's such an overkill that you'd had to keep the light quite far away I think. And you'd be spending a lot of watts. And you don't want that on your powerbill.

5. Hey the spinning sprayer sounds good :) I think I try to find one like this.
    Have you tried this system? How does it work for you?

6. I am glad this came up, i wanted to ask rumpleforeskin about it, i setup a grow area (3ftx5ft x (8ft tall)) with a 400 watt digital HPS in a super sun 2 reflector air cooled to a 6 inch fan tech in line fan, exhausting.

then i realized i needed a 2nd area, my grow shop guy pointed it out, that i needed it to do a perpetual harvest. so today i bought a Dark Room (2.8ftx2.8ftx5ft) to put in the closet in my spare bedroom

so where do i go from here? i was thinking of getting the UFO Gen 3 from HTG for $187, its sold every where else for $500 and supposed to veg awesome like a 400-600 watt MH which would be great for ther dark room right? plus i pray it will help alot with the heat, cause the hps is so damn hot.

i was thinkiung the clones veg in the dark room and then bloom in the other larger closet. or i could veg in the closet and bloom in the dark room, but the closet is much bigger, so i figure that would be best for blooming.

suggestions?

7. Could someone help me out? Am i suffering severe head trauma??

:confused_2: How has this thread not been sticky'd :confused_2:

I've been watching the thread. Just assumed it already had the appropriate rubric.

+1 vote

8. dude ur pump looks way too small... u need pressure..

I said before u should use smaller piping, i use all the garden sprinkler piping n jets.. its not very thick so i get real good pressure.(theres a massive variety too) i run a 10clone box.

I only use a long double 35watt each, cfl 6500k light... does great

ALSO hail NUMB he put me onto this idea

9. I just found this thread Rump, very nice cloner and instructions.
    I built my own areo cloner a couple of months ago and they are the way to go, 100% success every time.
    My computer won't recognize my camera any more so no pics.
    I built mine out of a 30 gal rubbermaid storage container, it holds 26 cuttings at a time.
    I got my spray nozzles and neoprene disks at turbocloner.com.
    I also built a hood for it .
    I add 10 gallons of water to the container and use a little Grow Big nute and Rootech cloning gel, about a tablespoon of the nutes and a teaspoon of the gel to the 10 gallons.
    I seriously don't think the nutes and gel are needed though.
    I put the cluttings in the disks and set them on the holes I drilled in the container lid. I give them a little spray of water, pop the hood on and 5 to 7 days later I can take the hood off cause I got roots. I let them stay there for an additional 3 days then into the soil they go.
    I had all the materials I needed already except for the disks and spray nozzles, but if I had to buy everything it would of cost me around $100. That would include the pump, container, pvc, disks and sprayers. Money well spent for sure.

10. Thanks ricardo.

11. s-
    t-
    i-
    c-
    k-
    y-

:d

12. Hey Rump. I was just wondering what your thoughts were on a dome over your clones? Some use them, some don't. It looks like you have adequate water and humidity doing on the roots, but since you do not use a spray bottle, I was curious what your thoughts were on a Clear Plastic Dome?
    Thanks again for all you work and imput.

13. I dont think it is needed.

14. can i get your opinion on the question i asked about the 2 grow areas on the last page if you get a chance. i know your busy but after making both your how to's (my cloner is done an awesome) i really trust your opinion :)

if you want me to post it in another thread thats cool too, just let me know,

thanks!

Also i vote sticky!!! I made this cloner and its so cool. My 525gph Via Aqua 302 worked great, just shoved the pvc pipe in the slip fitting super tight. how do i know if i am getting aero mist or just rain though, i assume it matters?

thanks amillion.

15. This thread will become a sticky for sure :)
    Good info as always from Rump :)
    I'm just designing my version now for 12 clones. Don't need it now so I'm taking my time. Will post pics when ready.

Thanx bro

16. Sounds like you been talking to someone selling indoor grow supplies. I don't like UFO grow lights, I have never seen anything impressive come from one. Get one room working real good before you make another one. You may not need to harvest as much as your local hydro shop guy said. Work on ventilation and basic growing before you build up the whole joint.

Very simple, they will be dead in 24 hours if it is not getting the right amount of mist.

17. ON the matter of having a Humidity dome.." I " think its necessary..but for soil only...

I wanted to do some testing so..i got some peat pellets and waterd em down prety good and stuck a clone in one and left it out ( misted a couple of times ) and found that it wilted pretty bad....but when i stuck it back under the humidity dome in less than 2 hours it was perked back up again...

but on my bubble cloner i made i found they didn't wilt..well a little... but no where near as bad as the peat pellet test...and this was without a humidity dome

It has something to do with them being either submerged in water or constantly being sprayed...is why im thinking they dont wilt when you use hydro methods

o well dont quote me on nothing..just my two cents

18. i already bought the dark room yesterday, but i figure i will def. need a 2nd area so i guess its not money wasted.

i currently have the ventalation going. its exhausting through the super sun 2 nto the attic. i was going to use the same fan to vent both the closet and the dark room since it should be powerfu enough. i started to smell my plants a little yesterday so i bouht a thing of ona for now, but was going to get a filter/fan soon. i was thinking of a Can Fan 33 and the 6in can fan recirculating. does this sound good?

so if i shouldnt get the UFO, then i have an unused MH bulb, Open air maxwing reflector/soket and would just need a ballast. i have a digital 400watt ballast in the closet, i could put thati in the dark room and get a 600 watt balast for the larger closet which is 36inx59inx8ft ceiling. and the 400 seems not to cover the whole room well, its like 5x 3ft.

i am open for any and all suggestions too. thanks1

19. Sounds like a good plan. Get us some pictures when you have it running.

20. would you recommend getting a 600 watt hps for the flower room and use the 400 watt in the dark room for veging?

also, do you recommend T5HO for the dark room ?