Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

lets become revolutionaries!!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Trance104, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Let's change texas for the best! Who's in? I'm willing to protest or even drive out of town to do this. Anything it takes... let's do it!

Who's in?

2. Amen!!

Every voice has impact!

Every one!

3. do something the newspapers will report

But make sure it's LEGAL!!

4. It has to be legal or it will have negative impact... what can we do? :0P I feel like making a life changing effort here!

5. kill all the bankers

6. What's your goal? Full-out legalization, de-criminalization, or medical marijuana program?
    As with anything, having a focused goal will be the most effective to work toward.

Considering the conservative base in Texas, best to appeal to their sensibilities. Something like keeping drugs out of the hands of minors (legalization.) Or compassion for the ill while recognizing the concerns of the law enforcement community.

7. Well definately the first thing should be medical use. We can want legalization, but its not gonna happen yet... that would take some time, but if people are in pain then they need to get help or leave Tx.

One of my co workers used tp be a cop... for 30 years actually in sugar land. So I decided to ask him what his outlook was on medicinal marijuana. (Oh yeah he's a republican too) he said that without being able to have a "road-test" to detect it right away, then it won't happen. For example if you were to get pulled over and let's say it was legal, but there was a restriction that didn't allow you to drive under the influence. The officer would want to be able to detect that right away and use it in court so to say. He said he tried it while he was in the military and didn't like it. His answer seemed pretty open-minded. I was actually surprised. :0P he's a good guy though.

Back on track... I feel like medicinal purposes wpuld be the best route.

8. definitely a great start

9. Here's an article from NORML's website that addresses the issue:
    http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=7459

10. #10 Storm Crow, Nov 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2008
    No, the place to start is educating yourself! And then educating others! There is nothing worse for a movement than some halfwit spouting off about things they know nothing about!

Medical marijuana is the place to start! Cannabis works like no other medicine can! The range of ailments it can benefit is simply amazing! I doubt if any of you will take this challenge, but here goes-

I dare you to click the link below and read one abstract or article from every category! :p

I have read EVERY news article and ALL of the abstracts. :eek: I won't hold you to that kind of standard, but if you can do just one from each category, by the time you finish, you will have a good basic education in medical cannabis. Education IS the road to legalization!

Then YOU get to dare friends and relatives to do the same! :D In some cases, it might be smart to use the bottom, "innocent" link to show them. ;)

When I started using cannabis in the 60s, there wasn't even the CONCEPT of "Medical Marijuana". Now 65% or more of the voters support the idea, according to several polls. The difference is EDUCATION! Every one of those people was educated, somehow, about MMJ! A friend using it in chemo? Realizing that that half-buried news article actually said "Cannabis treats ____" Every one of them learned something that changed their mind!

You want legal cannabis? :rolleyes: There's more than one way to have a revolution. :D

EDUCATE! :hello:

(click the link and read!)

Granny :wave: (a revolutionary of the mind!)