Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Lethargy, sadness from weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BlazedPlatypus, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Well I've only smoked about 15 times in my life, and the past 4 times were in a 4 day span, as I take breaks frequently.  Throughout that span of time I began to feel very slow, or tired.  I didn't smoke last night because I had my girlfriend over and I was ready to go to bed as soon as she left.  However, I did feel very sad today.  I don't think it was the weed because I didn't smoke last night... however, there is no denying that the days after I smoke I feel almost sort of high sometimes. Like spacey, and tired.  I'm feeling like these negative effects are making me not enjoy cannabis.

I also looked into how marijuana can trigger schizophrenia and psychosis in younger users. I'm young and my brain is still developing, so it has me worried as I'm under 20.

Anyone got any advice for me?

2. smoke more weed.

3. That's the last thing I want to do.  I mean I'm ok with smoking, but once you get sad and want to rid yourself of your sadness, you just smoke more and be happy for a little, then get sad again, smoke again, and it's a cycle. Then you become a sad sack.

4. For myself I can not smoke certain strains. They make me whacked and weepy.

Try out different strains and you will find ones that work for you.

5. #5 Wiggibow, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2013
    Never noticed such a thing. I mean after a night of getting crazy high I'll wake up the next morning still feeling pretty high, tired, and brainless, but in a good way!; ..not feeling depressed all day long.. thats when I get too drunk lol! But that weed hangover always fades away in a few hours or by the time I'm fully awake though.
    I also think you're just more sensitive to the after-effects because you're so new to smoking; psychoactive drugs (especially psychedelic-like drugs like marijuana) definitely change your perception in a pretty far reaching way; its not surprising you'd be noticing differences in how your brain works in every day life, and if you're not enjoying that or that's making you sad then they're probably just not your jam haha

6. Ya man just smoke as much weed as you can.  Before you know it you won't care or feel like that's anymore when your in your 30's or 40's then just keep smoking and smoking and smoking until the grim reaper pays you a visit.  Hahahaha it works for me man!   Lols.

7. I feel like this sometimes when i stop smoking, but I usually just dismiss it as a sign of mild dependence... If you're feeling more than just slightly sad, you may be depressed for some random reason, and you're emotional because of the lack of THC in your body at the time. 

Sometimes after a couple days off of smoking, I'll randomly feel really sad, and then a couple seconds later i'll start laughing... Idk why.

Don't worry about becoming a sad sack, that won't happen. You don't get more sad as you keep going, and you don't continue feeling sad constantly. If you keep smoking for a while and still feel like shit, then weed is not for you man.

8. Yeah - knock it off if it doesn't agree with you.

9. Ignore every other post in here except the one I quoted please. Weed isn't "god's gift that can do no wrong", it is indeed a drug and it indeed affects some people in a negative way.