Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Lethal Dose of Marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by coraygc, Dec 12, 2013.

1. #1 coraygc, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2013
    According to this source http://www.ceida.net.au/depressants/marijuana.asp  There is in fact a lethal dose for MJ- not saying how valid it is, but it's a good laugh at face value when they tell you the lethal dose would be 1/3 of your body weight!  :bongin:

I'd be toking a heaping 52 lbs!

2. Yeah...you'd probably just die due to lack of oxygen before anything.

• Like Like x 2
  3. You'd green out long before you hit that limit.

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  4. #4 Doke Smoper, Dec 12, 2013
    It may be possible with concentrates, say if you were to drink several liters of thc oil, it would have to be a glycol or lipid based oil in order for your GI tract to absorb though.  Even then it would be large enough amount that even if it were water would probably lead to vomiting just due to the sheer volume of it, probably close to a gallon. 

The whole point though is that in order to efficiently die from thc you would have to have several IV bags of extremely concentrated thc delivered into the veins intravenously over a period of time to avoid blood displacement.  You would have to be fucking determined to get it done. 

5. So it would take 58 lbs to kill me. Hopefully one day I can try

6. !/3 of my body weight?

[​IMG]

Well maybe if you were to drop it on me from a height of 10 feet or more.

• Like Like x 3
  7. You really would pass out or puke after an hour or two of continuous smoking, trust me :bongin:

you could never reach that limit, even with edibles, maybe if it was put in a saline solution and pumped directly into your blood stream?

8. This needs testing, I say we tell the organization spewing this nonsense to give each of us 1/3 of our weight in weed to find out  :bongin: 

• Like Like x 1
  9. #9 AuhMayZing, Dec 12, 2013
    I shall someday try to smoke 49 lbs. I hope to be the first to overdose.

10. Holy shit ! I'm sure glad you posted this ! I was just fixing to smoke 75 lbs ! Now I'll be sure not to smoke an ounce over 70 ;) ....in one sitting anyway :)

11. you could go to the ER and possibly die if your heartbeat goes too high.

12. I can see smoking a large amount mentally fucking up someone though.

Most of you guys would disagree, but I can see it causing like a large scale panic attack, so bad it would give you PTSD or something

Determined? I just dont really have anything to do tomorrow, thats all.

• Like Like x 1
    The time I smoked my largest amount in one sitting I became sober after the last bowl and found it very hard to get stoned.

Too much of anything is poison to your body.   A woman died in 2008 after participating in a radio contest from drinking too much water.  She drank 6 liters in 3 hours without urinating.  She basically drowned.  With alcohol it only takes 9-10 drinks in an hour for a 120 lb. person to reach lethal levels.