Let The Right One In

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Violet, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Anyone like it? I just watched it for the first time and I thought it was really good.

To anyone who hasn't seen it, it's a Swedish film about a young boy who's bullied a lot and has no friends, until a *mysterious* girl moves in next door and they befriend one another. You find out pretty early on the girl's a vampire. The whole movie's in subtitles, but there's not a whole shit ton of dialogue so it's not so bad.

I like that it's a fairly quiet movie, adds to the whole lonely, dark feel of the film. So yeah if you haven't seen it, you should watch it online or something.

2. #2 Per Waui, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2009
    loved it! i guess there is a fairly large difference in the book which changes the story abit, but who cares awesome movie :D

saw it over at the Varsity I think

you think the old guy was her old lover?

3. I haven't read the book, but I think I'll definitely be picking it up soon since books are almost always better than the movies based off of them, and since this movie was pretty good then the book must be amazing.

And well, I wasn't really sure what he was after seeing the movie. I thought maybe he was just some guy who felt sorry for her and wanted to take care of her, but then I read a spoiler about the book so I know that's not the case. Plus, if he were her old lover you'd think he'd learn to be a better killer by this point.

The ending was pretty great, with the suitcase and all.

4. Wasn't the vampire a castrated boy?
    They are doing a US remake of this, and I wonder how that is going to work out...

5. It'll probably be shit.

6. Who <3 's this ?
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPCxp6n6yYY]YouTube - Eric Prydz : Pjanoo OFFICIAL VIDEO (High Quality)[/ame]

7. ha, Indian in the Cupboard?

man I really hope they don't remake it, pretty much perfect already?
    pretty sure your right tharedhead, they dont really reveal it in the movie except in offhanded ways that wouldn't be obivous unless you read about the book.

loved the ending though. it was so painful watching him be mean to her/him(vampire person), but the ending with their smiles lets you be happy :D

8. good movie, and her vahgine was sewn shut....grossed me out completely. that was really unnecessary to show, takes some points off the movie from me

9. ohh shit, so that's what that was? I thought she just had stitches on her ass for some random reason. It was really only a flash so it really didn't add much to the plot unless you read the story.

Only thing is, I can't help but feel like the acting was a little poor towards the beginning, but it definitely seemed better towards the end.

10. well, thinking about the sewn up parts again, makes you wonder how old she actually is...how long she must have dealt with the whole vampire thing....they could mentioned it though instead of showing.....i bought the dvd w/o watching it first, wasnt disappointed, but i HAD to pause the movie to see what it was....now the image is embedded in my brain

11. I really liked this movie. The ending was good too!

12. i thought it was a castrated boy