Let plant dry out before harvesting?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Gannonthatsme, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Basically, moist/normal soil when harvesting vs letting the plant dry out a bit with dry, light soil? Last 2 feedings were water only , plant is very close to ready (anyday, really), yellowing leaves, amber trics mixed in, etc....

Thanks

2. I heard its best to let it dry a bit, but your main concern should be a lack of flushing.

Last 2 feeds of water is not enough to clear the crap.

3. dont just water only, you gotta really flush for 2 weeks. its unlikely that your plant is ripe anyways (most newbs tend to harvest too early), the quality of your harvest is more than likely gonna be increased if you flush properly now.

4. Advanced nutes final phase is the shit it clears and has a finisher in it aswell great stuff

Sent from iPhone 5

5. If you have amber trichs now, they are ready to go. If you think you should flush one more time, give it a serious watering and let it dry out. Plants dry faster if they are a bit dry when you harvest. If you think the last two waterings were pretty heavy, I think it's better to harvest when they are at their peak than wait for them to degrade just to flush them again. I never flushed for two weeks.

6. I like to water the day before i harvest....it's dry here and the extra water content allows me to lengthen my drying time by a day or two and improve the quality of my smoke.

7. That's an interesting approach... sometimes new growers don't understand why you can't tell them when to water or how long to dry. This is a perfect example of "dialing in" on your grow.

8. #8 Shiva Blaster, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2013
    Thanks Notsure, I only just completed my second grow, but this approach made a big difference for me this time around....the RH in my basement where I dry is only 20% as it is full on winter where I live and my furnace runs a lot this time of year. I chopped my plants when dry last time and there wasn't a whole lot I could do to slow down the drying process......even at lover temps (62-62 F), my plants dried very quickly and were overdry when put into jars. This time around I gave them a heavy watering the day before I chopped and the drying was much slower (in the same conditions), and I notice a big improvement in the taste, smell and smoothness of the smoke, even after only being in jars for a week.

9. Thanks fellas. Definitely guilty on previous attempts of pulling early but I think I am on track here. It's a supposed fast auto and I am at day 62. I nuted it "lightly" all the way through it's growth as that seems to be recommended for autos.
    I prefer an up as compared to a couch lock effect so I was hoping to get it at the right time. From what I have read, and it obviously varies strain to strain, approx 20% amber trics will give you more of a lift and the more amber you have, the greater couch lock type effect. Again, learning....................