"Let me in"

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Trueblade, Oct 15, 2010.

1. #1 Trueblade, Oct 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2010
    Anyone seen this movie?

Wait first, a disclaimer. I did a "search" for let me in, and found 404 responses. Nothing in the first 3 pages had anything to do with the movie.

Anyway, I love Chloe Moretz as an actress, thought she made "Kick Ass" worth what it was, and I've heard really good reviews on this movie. I'm not a vampire person really, but supposedly this movie (And it's European predecessor made a few years ago), really capture a pretty eerie cool tale.

I hate twilight. Nothing against people who like it, but I'm a 30ish dude, and teen angst films aren't my thing anymore. They weren't poorly done, I just can't bring myself to watch them ever, ever again....

I've heard great things about the European (Forget which country made it) version, called "Let the Right One In", and keep hearing both films are uniquely good.

I'm kinda a fan of Mathew Vaughn as well.

Anyone seen it? Admittedly, I'm not in a place where I can just "Go to a theater" to see it, so I've been trying to find it online. So far no luck. *Shrug* If I watch a good movie for free, admittedly I buy the Blu-ray to support the cause.

Don't understand the "Come to the theater, pay shit tons of money, to watch a movie that is potentially good, potentially bad...and you won't know until you pay anyway" mentality. Anyone ever notice going to the movies is like gambling? lol. I still go for the "experience" of going to the movies, but it's kinda crappy when it's nearly 10 dollars for good movies and crappy movies alike....then you gotta buy popcorn, and soda, and pay for your date, and she's gonna want something extra....and bam....including gas money, $60 down the drain if the movie blows. Lol, sorry.... /end tangent.

2. Hmm, can't say I seen the american version but I did watch the european one(It was Sweden by the way ;) )

The swedish version was awesome. I loved it. I never really get creeped out in movies anymore but this one had me cringe one or two times really good, it even had some wicked 'WTF' moments in it, soo if you want to watch the american version, which I heard was pretty awesome, go check it out. Hell, if you want, even check the original first to really see the concept of the movie just incase the A-Version kept some things back or changed it up.

All in all, both were/appear to be great flicks.

3. Both are great movies man. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you get in for matinee or if you have to wait for it to hit stores.

4. Thanks for clarifying Swedish. I remember now.....since you told me hehe.

But yeah, am going to watch both versions, American and Swedish. I read up a bit, and the Swedish version is a lot slower, which is typical with European films. They tend to play more on emotion and such, but to me unfortunately they're a bit soap opera ish. Just a lot of time spent "Enforcing" a moment of silence, instead of just having it, and letting it go.

I know, as an American, and knowing a lot of European film fans, they perceive us as more "Boom boom action", and them as more "Savor the moment" film fans.

Which is fine, to each his/her own.

I always feel like European films are more...."Look how sad she is...look...look.....see......wow how sad is she.....see. That's the story...shes sad see?" And American films are more, "Aw she's sad, now lets do something about it, aw shit, she aint sad no more, she's either dead or killed everyone!"

Which just reinforces their views. :)

5. Overseas, I'll have to wait for stores.

6. loved it, it was as stylishly beautiful and perfect of an homage to Let the Right One in as possible

also luv u hit girl