Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Let’s start cooking

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by wEEDhEAD1, Apr 28, 2020.

1. They really don't have any significant difference. Brown sugar has miniscule amounts of some nutrients from molasses, but the amounts are so small that they do not make any difference.

For example NYTimes has written: Because of its molasses content, brown sugar does contain certain minerals, most notably calcium, potassium, iron and magnesium (white sugar contains none of these). But since these minerals are present in only minuscule amounts, there is no real health benefit to using brown sugar.

And Healhtline: The most notable nutritional difference between the two is that brown sugar has slightly higher calcium, iron, and potassium contents. ... Summary Brown sugar contains slightly more minerals and marginally fewer calories than white sugar. However, the nutritional differences between the two are insignificant.

• Like Like x 2
  2. was just a copy and paste from the cooking site. Sugar is sugar.. I did think brown sugar was made different though, kinda shocked that it’s just mixed with molasses lol

3. #63 wEEDhEAD1, Jul 5, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    I remembered to put the correct dose this time and This is the best so far. It’s actually so good! This is my brownie recipe! I’m going to reduce the sugar bit by bit though because 400g is ridiculous.

1D0A58DA-5E12-4C34-99D4-D81BBC895B91.jpeg
    225g Cocoa butter
    400g white sugar
    4 eggs
    2 teaspoon or vanilla extract
    66g of unsweetened cocoa powder
    120g of all purpose or self-rising flour
    2 teaspoon honey

cook time is 175c for half hour but that’s using half of these amounts. I do for 50 mins and let it sit in the oven for a while after. Seems to finish it off perfect.

I don’t think I’ll buy ghee butter anymore. Cocoa butter seems so much better when making these types of edibles. Ghee is sickly at these amounts.

And Im putting all my ingredients in grams now because I’m fed up of having to use google every time to convert the weights into a sensible unit of measurement lol..