Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Let’s start cooking

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by wEEDhEAD1, Apr 28, 2020.

1. [​IMG]
    Started with about 3 gallons dry measure decarbed bud scraps. Right hand bucket.
    [​IMG]
    4 of the 7+ bottles from the fridge.
    Quart jar of Bud scraps to a full 750ml of right out of the freezer 190 proof.
    Combine and shake 10 seconds.
    Done.
    Press out weed with potato ricer in small loads.
    [​IMG]
    Tincture recovered. About 500ml from each bottle. It'll all the pressure the plastic ricer can stand.
    [​IMG]
    Tossed all the pressed pucks in the black 5 gal.
    I run all this wet weed in the still and recover 90% of that trapped Alcohol as 190 proof isn't exactly cheap.

[​IMG]
    Ran off the 3 gallons of rinse water I washed the weed with first and get back a shade over 1.75L

[​IMG]
    All in I got back very nearly what I started with. Best recovery yet.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. I suppose it is an acquired taste, I never liked it before, but with infused stuff you don't eat the whole block at once. :)
    Haha, the only time I've made brownies was to buy a box of ready mix and use cannabutter as the added butter.

• Like Like x 1
  3. that’s actually not a bad idea lol. I can’t cook for shit I don’t know why I’m trying to make everything from scratch. My last batch of brownies was a 15g loss lol :(

4. I didn’t know you were also a chemist lol. Amazing the things people pick up from growing plants lol.

Do you also have this going on? Is it ok/normal/something to try and stop next time?

DEE4D8DF-9DAC-44F1-8064-47DBF42A6901.jpeg

5. So another disaster lol! I tried gummies but for real this time. I followed the magical gummie recipe and they have a instructional video on YouTube to go with so I copied pretty well lol.
    Lucky I did 1/4 the recipie. It was;

85g jello
    18g unflavoured
    1/4 honey
    1/4 apple juice

the only thing I didn’t do properly was let it bloom. I started it all but as I used 1/4 recipie I guess the tincture reduced a lot faster the the gelitin could bloom. Does this make so much difference?
    well they came gooey and sticky. Can leave them in the freezer but if they out for more than a minute they revert! Plus there not nice like that.
    And also the mess! I think gummies are not for me!

95A08F29-13F8-4FF7-B74D-742445265D6F.jpeg 2D19F205-9C63-477A-9082-4B956B965E19.jpeg

on a good note the brownies are coming along. Gave out lots to friends and some telling me they getting put to sleep lol.
    But most importantly they ok in Tate too. But I don’t like the recipie!
    Every brownie recipie is a completely different amount of ingredients, it is witchcraft!
    This is why I don’t like it, even though it’s the nicest so far.
    400g sugar
    165g butter
    100g cocoa powder
    125g flour
    3 eggs

it was one of the top 3 recipes on google. But it has soo much sugar, double the last! And it has 1/4 less butter, so weaker dose.

8D17B080-5FEC-42E0-BD22-98409251EBDF.jpeg

6. Hey Weed,

I found a gummy recipe with infused coconut oil, but I’m sure you can use anything for the THC infusion.

They shouldn’t be gooey at room temp, solid but oily. It looks like you let it boil...turn it down or take it off the burner immediately when it starts and still gently. This will stop all the tiny bubbles that are at the top of yours. I don’t dry mine, I keep them in the fridge. They should come out of a silicone mold easily when cooled.

Here is recipe I used and I have done 1/2 the recipe before as well.

How to Make Weed Gummy Bears | The Cannabis School

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

7. [​IMG]
    +
    1 tablespoon of my magical oil = done deal.
    Follow direction on box.
    :)
    Measure the oil-butter called for short 1 tablespoon.
    Mix the Canna oil and the called for oil.
    Add dry bits, cook normally.
    Done.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    [​IMG]
    Who needs food. Fill capsules with the oil and your good to go.
    <-- better take one of the weaker Hash capsules. The RSO ones are to much if I'm going to party and have a few tokes.
    Doing Edible oil capsules and toking hash is a shade to much even for me.

Birthday Bash for an old friend.
    Wife is knocking out the requested Granny Smith Apple Pie. (what no cake?)

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  8. I’ve always used Hashmoufs cannabutter recipe and the store bought cookie mix that you only have to add butter and an egg to it. Works perfect every time. This last run I used 24g of trim and 2 sticks of butter, measured the cookies at 25g a piece. 2 cookies were perfect for me, maybe just 1 if I’m going to be smoking after eating it. Like other people have said though, all depends on your tolerance so start small and keep going up until you find the sweet spot. {ATTACH=full]2809149[/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

9. Not necessarily a weaker dose. Substitute some of the butter with some stronger oil infusion. Or make cannasugar and substitute some of the regular sugar.

10. yeah that’s the one I went with on the first page, plus water. But it comes out to oily. I’m looking for that finish that you would be happy with from the shop. That’s why I went with their recipe. I find it makes the gummies too oily and the chocolate to melty lol. So I haven’t made another batch Of it since my first.

it was on the lowest setting but I did notice it bubbling a few times. So this can ruin the texture? Out of the fridge for 10 mins they turnt into like that sticky shit you used to throw at the walls as kids and watch it roll down lol.

11. the problem for me is it needs to come from butter/oil. it’s not only bud but I get a lot of trim too. And 195 proof is too expensive for me to use frequently. £100 for every 2.25 Ltrs and that’s with the 3 bottle discount lol.

I ordered some capsules. Got a little step by step for me if making them from the tincture? I’m thinking I reduce it then add it to the coconut oil and that’s pretty much the same?

• Like Like x 1
  12. A few people have mentioned this but every time I see one it’s just add water/egg. I never find one that says add butter! what’s the brand name of that cookie mix?
    I believe I have the highest tolerance lol. Mine are meant to get the stoner stoned! And they have been, the infusing/dosing seems to be going ok and I’ve just practiced. It’s just I am anything but a cook, I’m hopeless I’m the kitchen. I just need a few easy recipes..

13. literally 25% weaker. I been using the max you can infuse (from bud at least in the magical butter machine). I didn’t know canna sugar was a thing, how do you infuse sugar?

14. I do both a direct Kief-Coconut oil Capsules
    And a 190 proof tincture reduced to tar and Coconut oil added Capsules. RSO style.

The reduced tincture to tar can be tricky to fill capsules with as it needs to be completely water free.
    Any remaining water will distort and eventually melt the capsules and you wind up with a jar of half melted capsules and really bad tasting goo.

Direct oil infusion is the easiest of the 2 as you just have the particle size to deal with while filling the capsules. (Grind the herb to dust)

The finished oils are equally powerful and dose is the only limit to how high you'll get.
    Direct oil
    Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes
    5 grams decarbed powdered buds
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze (optional)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes (optional)
    Done

Fills about 30 single 0 size capsules.
    upload_2020-6-16_7-32-20.jpeg

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  15. I just went to walmart and looked through the cookie mix bags. Pretty sure this is the one I used.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Betty-Crocker-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-Mix-17-5-oz-Box/10311487

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sure it is weaker if you use the same butter but smaller amount, we agree on that one. As I explained, it doesn't have to be weaker.
    If you have no access to stronger butter, then make some sugar. Infused sugar is made with alcohol tincture. You mix the sugar and tincture and then evaporate the alcohol .

• Like Like x 2
  17. Cool, betty Crocker, I’ll have a look in the supermarket later, thanks.

and that canna sugar looks awesome, I didn’t know it was a thing!

18. I found something a little easier lol. First time I made them but they turn out ok. Maybe a little to big, I can’t really fit it in my mouth lol.
    no one can really cut evenly can they :s

8B6A84C4-676E-413E-AAFB-5557E9BFDABE.jpeg

I ate a chunk last night but too close to when I went to bed, I think I woke up real high still lol

19. It’s a great low effort method and the first one I tried. I was mindblown hahah

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yesterday’s brownies and chocolate came out very tasty. Even though I made a huge mistake on the brownies. I was just writing out the recipe when I noticed, I doubled the butter but forgot to double anything else.

½ CUP Cocoa butter
    1 CUP brown sugar (you can use white sugar but brown sugar is healthier)
    2 eggs
    1 teaspoon or vanilla extract
    1/3 CUP of unsweetened cocoa powder
    ½ CUP of all purpose or self-rising flour
    1 teaspoon honey

6AE2225E-4966-4035-8871-A3BFA980656A.jpeg

I think it came out good because I found a recipe that uses cocoa butter instead of normal. But Yeah it’s a bit thin but it’s still nice.

the chocolate was the following
    I made a third of this recipe as that’s what cocoa butter I had left. I still a little melty to the touch. I still haven’t bothered with the thermometer to try and tamper.

0004CEAF-2530-4A50-A1BC-13AEB9EED943.jpeg