Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Let’s start cooking

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by wEEDhEAD1, Apr 28, 2020.

1. So I’ve decided I’d like to explore the world of edibles. Not legal here still and Everything I’ve bought just doesn’t do the trick.
    I’ve watched lots of videos and made myself a shopping list.
    I have the MagicButter2 on it’s way and this is what I’ve got listed so far;

B3133056-8803-4E5A-AA1F-81C9781D163F.jpeg D77D91B3-33BA-4585-A6B3-C844441B99D2.jpeg

I’m gonna buy ghee from the shops as it seems double bubble on amazon.

also I see for tincture it says grain alcohol. Everclear seems most recommended but you can’t get over here.
    When I type grain alcohol in google Smirnoff comes up first. This ok?
    I’m not a drinker so don’t even know what grain alcohol is lol. Can someone suggest What to look for?

As you can most likely tell from my shopping list I’m interested in making chocolate and gummies to start.
    Any other products to make this easier?

Thanks

• Like Like x 2
  2. edibles arent too complex.. just need to decarb the flower or oil and then you can use it for whatever you like or ive seen alot of people just sprinkle decarbed flower on peanut butter and have at it

• Like Like x 5
  3. as far as alcohol needs to be 190 proof.. Thats why everclear is the choice.. i have a source turbo so can extract alcohol from lesser proofs... Thats the other road

• Like Like x 2
  4. Send the MBM-2 back unopened as odds are you'll use it once or twice then it'll live in the back of a dusty cabinet for the next decade.

Coconut oil is the top choice for extracting as it takes effect in half the time as butter and all other cooking oils.
    45 minutes for Coconut oil stone to kick in
    2 full hours for Butter, Olive oil, Bacon Fat, Everything from Avocado to Safflower oil. Long assed wait to get High.

Make oil first then use it to doctor your Chocolate and gummies.

Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered.
    5 grams decarbed Kief-Hash-Powdered buds.
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]This is done with Kief-Hash but it is the same identical recipe for all forms of Cannabis.
    ============================================
    Grain Alcohol is the drinkable kind. It's in every alcoholic beverage Beer, Wine, Whisky, Vodka it's all Ethyl Alcohol.
    For extracting Cannabis the higher the proof the better the extraction will be. Vodka has way to much water to be of much use as a cannabis solvent.
    You really need Ever Clear 151 or 190 proof. Check Local laws. California all I can buy in a liquor store is 120 proof but I can order 190 proof from out of state no trouble.
    Stupid but I'll take it. Caskers.com was who I used.

Buy Everclear 190 Proof 1L - Caskers
    [​IMG]

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Awesome thanks for the reply. Of all I’ve seen so far I didnnt know about the coconut oil speeding up the time for effect. That’s really good to know. And I read your sticky too so don’t know if I missed it :(

I am such a useless cook but I’m trying. Even sitting here writing this I’ve had to make an extra two slices of toast as the first ones got burnt lol.. The machine just makes things look so easy. I’ve tried a few times in the past with butter water and weed and it always turns out like I’ve messed up. This just looks like it’ll help.

ive watched videos on making normal gummies and chocolate really as this is the first step. And the magic butter chef makes it look so easy to just add the tincture/butter. I’ll have to look for how to make with coconut oil instead.
    think of me as a fish out of water when it comes to cooking and give me no benefit of doubt lol..

I’m from the Uk so can’t use that site. I searched so much yesterday it annoyed me. I can’t find anywhere. Every time I click on a link for 190 grain proof, it’s either ethyl alcohol or any vodka. It’s frustrating!
    But there must be people in Uk that make tincture so I guess I’ll keep looking. Unless I learn to make the food without it like you say just useing the coconut oil.

one other thing I need help with. In the real long sticky there was a bit about decarbing. Saying that decarb happens over time and not just heating so older weed may need less time in the oven? ill copy and paste the quote below.

I found a tub of weed that I must have forgot about for a year or 2. This is what I was gonna do my first runs with. Would you advise any less time decarbing as it’s old?

31D9D00C-57F9-4E55-A3AA-C30BE9229D90.jpeg

” Decarbing is a touchy issue for many folks, some know they need it but don't know the methods and practices that cause decarbing, some aren't aware of it at all, others think it's unnecessary and 'know' they get some amount of effect from eating bud on its own, here's why: some herb, if it's old, commercial, over-dry, whatever the reason, for a variety of reasons, some herb is already partially, or even full decarbed. The process begins happening, very gradually, the moment you cut a plant down and begin depriving it of water. The older the bud is, and the drier it gets, the more carbon dioxide and water vapor is released, and the closer it is to removing the carboxyl group. It's something that is
    almost never discussed publicly, but is frequently known in professional kitchens. The fresher the herb, or the more moist the storage conditions, the more necessary and extensive the decarbing process needs to be. Loose hash, separated from plant matter,
    in general needs a bit less decarbing. With herb, depending on the age, I decarb for a full 20 minutes after the preheat, rather than including that warm up in my 20 minute time frame. Crack oven and wait until it is cool enough to touch before removing the dish; an
    additional 10 or so minutes.”

6. Signed up to amazon and got the prime trial. It really came next day..
    Sorry bnw but always the easy way for me lol.
    31655B09-1212-4203-B3DB-E579427A55CB.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. #8 BrassNwood, Apr 29, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    It's biggest drawback is it need a minimum of 2 cups of oil to run.
    I want you to work in Tablespoons not cups of oil.
    All 2 cups of Coconut oil will do is give you a massive case of the trots. AKA the Runs. Large amount of Cooking oil can act as a laxative and Coconut oil is extra effective at this.

In the UK I think you can access a polish high proof booze known as
    upload_2020-4-29_6-45-5.jpeg

Check local liquor stores. 192 proof.

We can teach you both processes with not to much effort.
    Tincture from High proof Alcohol = Hits fast and wears off fast like smoking-vaping
    Edible oil from Coconut oil = Takes a while to kick in but can last all day.
    Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    Either of my sub threads cover the processes.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  8. [​IMG]

My 3 most used tools are the pair of stainless steel cat food dishes and the Mr. Coffee mug heater the dishes fit on. Them along with an old toaster oven gets it all done time after time after......
    I've made somewhere over 40,000 Kief and RSO Capsules with this setup over the past 6 years and it works very well.

Decarbing =
    If the weed is well over a year old you can cut the decarb time in about half. In general even an extended decarb is better then not enough. Activation is a must while the odds of degradation is low.
    When in doubt decarb the full time and temp.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  9. Im gonna leave the tincture for now. Don’t wanna spend £40+. All my local shops didn’t know what I was talking about lol.
    I’m more into trying edibles atm rather than capsules. Not doing it for any health benefits just for the high benefits lol. For now anyway..
    I’ve smoke too much for too long so the idea of it have a stronger effect and I hear could last all day. Maybe I can get real high like when I was a kid lol...

I have lots of bud and shit loads of trim and some old weed to start. I chose magical butter over the Lenovo for the ease of making larger quantities.
    Can it just be stored like normal butter/oil once’s infused?

10. Got most my stuff now think I have a good idea. The only thing I’m not sure about, how long do I actually have to fill the moulds with the gummy “mix”?
    Everywhere I see someone make the say you have to go quick before it sets. Most just pour straight in the holds. But I’m dead set on the mini gummy bears but with the syringe thing they give can I actually have enough time to do them 1 by 1.. how long do I have??

91A78D51-E258-4A7F-B363-F5A54C3AD542.jpeg

Oh and the reason I haven’t done anything yet. My oven broke when my MB came!. Guy coming out tomo so hopefully he’ll fix it and I can get to decarbing..

• Like Like x 1
  11. I'll set over here and watch. :)

BNW

12. If you get a chance, check out the ardent cannabis website. It's an eye opener for edibles.

13. I just learnt a new word too lol. Typed in ardent expecting to find company and it came up with the dictionary description, so thanks. :roflmao:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Fuck it’s stinky in the oven! So what I’ve done today is;

Coconut oil
    2&1/2 cups coconut oil
    2&1/2 teaspoon lecithin
    40g weed
    (what’s wrong with ml & mg) lol!
    BF2CB093-65AF-44AC-A0F3-4C6036DB26C0.jpeg 3B066552-55D8-4670-94B1-9264BC11F522.jpeg 580083F0-692D-4CC9-AC67-64F7F74F680B.jpeg 091AEA10-EAC2-4E27-9DC6-AE11C011F9AF.jpeg 664C6C72-E3C3-4282-9A02-27D7D673ACFA.jpeg 4FCFBF39-7C65-43A7-A430-321539FD1B8D.jpeg

everywhere says 7-14g per cup so I did 14+ a bit more. The weed I used was the old one I mentioned above that’s a year maybe year and half old. So it would have degraded some..

Gummies (not infused just test a run)
    1/2 cup coconut oil
    1/2 cup water
    85g flavour mix
    20g Unflavored
    1/2 tbls lecithin

I forgot to bloom it but I came out ok after about 20 mins of stirring.

8EF7B0DF-AA70-43E6-8E0D-E24302318F61.jpeg B48BF126-3D7A-444C-ABA2-E143968BE0E3.jpeg
    The last 1/4 became too thick for me to suck up. When it comes to the real deal I’ll have to either get help or somehow stir with one hand and fill with the other.

03E9DA36-83E3-4860-B321-1E77083491B2.jpeg

It would fill the 200 easy. These bears are smaller than the real ones though!
    These are after half hour in the fridge. Piped one lot out to see and texture seems fine, not sticky and the silicone looks like it’s been cleaned already. I’m generally amazed by the ease so far.

7A80F7D4-968A-4AEF-9981-3964C45E3252.jpeg 475A5D26-6980-42C6-92B2-C279D8BBE9E8.jpeg

I have another 32g in the over that going to go with 500g of ghee butter.

does the coconut oil need storing in the fridge with the butter or can I leave it in the cupboard? It so much easier to work with in liquid form.

15. hey bnw hope you don’t mind me taking a quote from another thread but this got me thinking. Can you actually cook them into this “wanna make me sleep”?
    I’ve always had trouble falling asleep, I’ve smoked a joint before bed for as long as I can remember so maybe this would be good for me. I knock back the pharma sleeping pills in favour of a joint but a homemade sleeping pill sounds great.

I also noticed that even at 14grams a cup it’s still nothing to your 5g Kief to 2&1/2 tbls.
    In your pics though those bows have a lot more than 3 tsp of liquid. What have I missed?
    Also how much Kief would you say you get from how much bud?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Cannabis Infused Coconut oil is very room temperature stable. I've left the caps in my truck for over a year with no issues. Just as good as they were when I put them there.

4 or more heat and freeze cycles will degrade the speediness of the stone and make it more laid back and a bit more sleep inducing.

As long as I stay vertical and up and moving I'm just good and stoned. If I lay down odds are I'll nod off. But that is me and my own individual metabolism. YMMV

What you see pictured is a triple batch
    15 grams of Kief
    3 tablespoons of Coconut oil
    1.5 teaspoons Lecithin.

Same sized batches I've been making for years. It's a full dish and fills 90 capsules (0) size.

Kief return is 10-15% with the Hashmaster5000 power shake system.
    [​IMG]
    Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  17. #19 BrassNwood, May 8, 2020
    Last edited: May 8, 2020
    Double post. Stupid internet.

BNW

18. 3 tbls or 7.5 for the triple batch? It still looks like a lot more, must be a v small bowl.

so Kief returns 10-15 so really that’s 30-50g bud for you 5g Kief. You say it makes 30caps so that’s over an ounce in 30caps?
    recommended is 14g per cup I see online for making edibles, and your putting 30-50g per 2.5 tbls? :/
    I’ve gone over a few times in my head is this right?
    I though I see you say 85mg ish per cap but must be much more?
    Your claims for strongest around I can see for sure lol but you must go through ALOT of bud?