less risk growing outdoors?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by custum stuph, Sep 17, 2012.

1. We all know that if you are caught growing in your house, you're fucked hard. not just all your work is for nothing, but you will be prosecuted. If your grow is found outdoors, do they just take the plants or try to find the grower as well? I guess they can't catch you unless you are found at the site. they probably wouldn't wait for you, but maybe set up a sting like motion cameras and they come and bust you when they detect motion? maybe I'm just paranoid. what do ya'll think?

2. #2 RooRgle, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2012
    People who grow offsite outdoors tend to grow shitty weed, just from what I've seen on the forums. They can't take the time to care for their grow, and the ones that do sometimes get found out and some random person will chop their plant and steal their bud, I mean chances are good when you grow for 3-4 months that someone else will find it. Growing indoors is risky if you break all the rules...tell people, you don't get proper ventilation and filters to eliminate the smell, send seeds to your house (I do this but it is a rule you shouldn't break)....follow these rules and you should NEVER have a problem. I've been growing for 3 yrs indoors no issues..in a closet. It's all how you go about it man. :smoke:

:bongin:

3. We'll if you're growing on your own property which is technically what you're supposed to be doing then there is no difference. If you weren't on you're property and on government property such as a park, forest, etc. they would most likely wait for you to be there to fuck you over and the charges could even be greater. Or if you were on a citizens property without permission then you can be prosecuted by the individual and the government.

4. growing on my property is not an option. i am going to grow in a forest. it isn't that far from my house, maybe a couple miles. i know it won't be the best bud but it's better than paying for it. i will probably use bag seed and grow tons of plants, sell the lesser quality bud and keep the good stuff for myself.

5. Good luck hiding it from rangers and strangers.

6. Wow, who are all these outdoor critics still growing in closets???

Never take advice about dicks and balls from someone who has a vagina.... Same Concept.

Last time I checked, The power of the sun was still exponential compared to SHIT Floros DAMN LEDS FUCK ASS HIDS.

Sorry, My Internet Tourettes is acting up again..Time to medicate...

Outdoors-when done correctly-will always produce a superior taste, yield and high IMO.

The indoor crowd gets the option to control the temp humidity smell etc---Even though most dont....You also get to keep a lot of pest at bay this way. Its very expensive to grow indoors compared to outdoors if you consider all the extra equipment and electric bills. ALSO SPACE IS ALWAYS LIMITED.

Outdoors the sky is the limit but you need to a lot of research in the organic and outdoor sections before next spring so you will be good and ready for your first attempt. Goodluck OP.

VOO

7. i have a ton of compost at my disposal, and seeds from friends. i am going to go searching for a spot before and after the leaves fall so i get a good idea of the visibility of my grow. i will try my best to make it a hard to reach spot, i don't mind bush whacking to get to it. it's a relatively small forest, about 1 sq mile but there are very secluded parts of it. and by tons of plants, i meant like 10 in one spot. i will grow in many different parts, keeping each spot at least 100yds away from each other so if one gets busted the others are safe. i may just let most of my plots grow wild but remove the males, and have a couple that i will focus on. then one for seeds. i will also grow in another forest that is much bigger and i know many parts nobody goes to. i guess i will just grow as many plants as i have seeds lol.

8. You can grow great smoke outdoors guerilla style if the climate where you live is favorable for cannabis. Having adequate rainfall and/or a nearby clean water source during the vegetative period is a must. If a cannabis plant is allowed to dry out even for a brief time during it's peak veg time it will dramatically reduce the yield in the long run. If you choose a good location with at least 8 hours of direct sun through the grow- and have 120 days or more in your season there is no reason why you can't grow some good buds.

9. [quote name='"custum stuph"']i have a ton of compost at my disposal, and seeds from friends. i am going to go searching for a spot before and after the leaves fall so i get a good idea of the visibility of my grow. i will try my best to make it a hard to reach spot, i don't mind bush whacking to get to it. it's a relatively small forest, about 1 sq mile but there are very secluded parts of it. and by tons of plants, i meant like 10 in one spot. i will grow in many different parts, keeping each spot at least 100yds away from each other so if one gets busted the others are safe. i may just let most of my plots grow wild but remove the males, and have a couple that i will focus on. then one for seeds. i will also grow in another forest that is much bigger and i know many parts nobody goes to. i guess i will just grow as many plants as i have seeds lol.[/quote]

If you have male plants they can contaminate your females from a mile away

10. You can have an incredible outdoor grow. Just need good soil, sun and water.

11. [quote name='"custum stuph"']We all know that if you are caught growing in your house, you're fucked hard. not just all your work is for nothing, but you will be prosecuted. If your grow is found outdoors, do they just take the plants or try to find the grower as well? I guess they can't catch you unless you are found at the site. they probably wouldn't wait for you, but maybe set up a sting like motion cameras and they come and bust you when they detect motion? maybe I'm just paranoid. what do ya'll think?[/quote]

Trying to figure out what you recommend based on your post?

12. i'm saying that you are less likely to get prosecuted if your grow is found outdoors and off you property. if your house is popped off, they got you by the balls. for a small grow like i'm going to do, they probably wouldn't try to catch me if they found it. just pull up the plants and my work was for nothing, but i don't get busted.

i didn't know they could pollenate from that far away... i guess i will plant a smaller plot somewhere else and let it grow wild.

i am most worried about sunlight. i can't cut down trees and there are not many places that are secluded and get good sun, other than the bigger forest near my dad's place but it's 30 minutes away and i gotta transport all my supplies on a motorcycle if i don't get a car by next season. if they don't get tons of sun, will it be a low yield but still decent potency? i've heard that i will get fluffy buds but heard nothing about the potency.

13. The strain dictates that so much. Just make sure you have good soil

14. get indica dominant strains that finish a little sooner than sativas. put them out 2weeks before july or beginning of july so they only veg for a month and top them to keep them small also use the water storing crystals so you only have to go back there once every two weeks. if the plants are found by property owner they call leo and leo will pull your plants and thats it. dont ever use booby traps or anything like that. that may be cause to setup a sting on your plot. i've never been busted for after the fact. good luck

15. Last year thousands and thousands of pounds were lost due to early rains in NorCal, most of the Sativas came down 2-4 weeks early due to the weather. This morning was 76% humidity and 46 degrees, if that continues for another week everything will be coming down early yet again. Outdoors is full of risk, far more than indoors (in a legal grow state), indoors is a controlled experiment with (if your setup is decent) a very consistant enviornment allowing the ability to maximize the quality of your product by eliminating variables.

If your outdoor quality is kicking your indoors ass, change how you grow your indoor.