Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

LESS intense medical marijuana?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by candyapple, Dec 3, 2009.

1. #1 candyapple, Dec 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2009
    Hey... I just got a prescription for medical marijuana in CA for anxiety.

I smoked some Snow Cap the other day and it made me freak out a little, like thinking about weird shit and images. I didn't even smoke very much.

Anyone have any recommendations for mj that isn't so strong it makes me feel stoned out of my mind like that? Something that just makes me chill and stop thinking about shit...

FYI weed hasn't always done this to me so I know I can find something that makes me less anxious

2. yea its probably too dank for ya. ask the people at the shop for a less potent strain?

3. yea most clubs have a range of qualities from real cheap to real good. just talk to someone working there and tell them your problem, what type of high you want, ect... and they'll get you exactly what you want

4. Snowcap is a sativa dominant hybrid and sativas are known for energetic, mind highs which in some people (or if harvested early) can cause nervousness, paranoia, panic attacks, etc.

Ask for a more indica dominant strain. ;)

5. I love your avatar op! :p

6. Sounds like you got a Sativa blend(I don't know that's what you got). I would look for some Indica. That shit makes you sink back in your seat and CHIIIIIIIILLLLLL. And it's great for anxiety and depression.

7. Hehe thanks! :D

Hey does anyone know if Strawberry Haze is good for anxiety? Someone told me it is...

As for asking the budtender she actually recommended Snow Cap for anxiety, which surprised me since it's a sativa. Definitely gonna lean towards Indicas from now on

8. IMO the OP is probably looking for a sativa dom if he's trying to treat depression. He just needs one that has more emphasis on the euphoric than the mental.... I've had good luck with Super Silver Haze as a euphorant, see if your local pharm has it

9. Yeah man, Indica won't do much for you. If your looking to get stoned than yeah indica will get you there, but if you're looking for symptomatic relief the budtender is right, you need a nice strong sativa.

10. something less potent would be good. also, working up to a tolerence level where you feel comforable will help. the more often you smoke, the more you will get used to being high, and you will be able to smoke a small amount of strong weed and be fine to talk and associate with others while still feeling the effects plenty. takes some time tho..practice by smoking and then going out to public plces and talking to people.

11. Coming from someone with very severe anxiety and depression, I would recommend a 50/50 hybrid or as close to one as you can find. I find the same thing happens with sativas, and indicas are nice, but it really does not help much after the high goes away. A nice hybrid of decent potency helps me the most.

12. 4 out of 5 budtenders surveyed remind you that smoking is not always the best way to dose.:D However...

I find that Lavender is a mid-level strain that carries very little stress factor, a fair price tag, and provides for maximum relax-ativity. Good CBDs and CBNs, with a slightly lower THC factor, provide a good all around body benefit, i.e. lowered pain reflexes, and the pleasantly floral bouquet of the bud is both soothing and slightly romantic, with a finish that makes for an all around pleasurable smoking experience.

Share some with someone you love.:)