Less Direct sunlight; less heat stress?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by HeroNlegend, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Hey Im doing an outdoor grow, transferred into FFOF soil. The plant gets about 6 - 8 hours of direct sunlight. Temp can get up to 100°. Normally stays above 80° during the day. I'm seeing some heat stress symptoms on the leaves. My question(s) is: Do I sacrifice direct sunlight and place the plant in a more shady area to prevent anymore heat stress? Or should I leave it in the direct sunlight and hopes the plant will learn to handle the sun?

I heard a plant needs at least 6 hours of direct sunlight. But it doesn't seem as if my plant can even handle 6 hours.

The plant is young.

Thanks in advance.

2. Try getting yourself a 50% shade cloth. What are these "signs" you speak of? Cupping of the leaves is not to much of a biggie outdoors.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Could you post some pics of your plants? I worry about heat stress today. It's already 100 degrees where I live with a little bit of a breeze.

4. Mine brother?

5. Shade cloth drasticly reduces the heat absorbed by the plant while still allowing the light to penetrate sufficiently given you have them oriented in the right direction with a good travel path for the sun.It also helps with the rain as it doesn't beat down on your plants it gets shed. I ran four posts like a lean to with just a shade cloth roof. The cupping isn't a huge deal the suns natural the plants natural it knows what to do. A lot of plants get way more lumens then they can even process. So sometimes it's a nessecity in certain climate conditions.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yo thanks for the advice. Late reply. I think I was just tripping out. Plant is fine

7. This is how it looks now. Some other stuff going on with it though I think I saw a worm bug that's messing up the leaves.

Attached Files:

8. Those are bad here....tent catapillers are brutal too

9. Yeah im researching about that fox farm don't bug me stuff right now. Hope that gets rid of them.

• Like Like x 1