Les or Bear?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by xraygord, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Who's better?

Les Stroud of Survivorman or Bear Grylls of Man vs Wild.

2. Bear sleeps in hotels

Les sleeps outside.

Bears a fraud.

/End thread.

3. Les does everything himself, no film crew. He even wrote the music for the show. Bear puts dirt on his face before filming.

4. Les is pretty bad ass but Bear is a crazy fuck man, that dude climb's down big ass tree's, jumps from helicopters and other sorts of stuff.

I choose les, but bear still gets points for style. If bear did his own filming i probably wouldn't watch it though.

5. Les also jams harder on the harmonica, That is when he isn't dismantling it to make a spear.

Man vs Wild is the farthest thing from a survival show on tv, If people take Bears advice they will end up dead in a few days. Bear got caught sunburning himself by the hotel pool for one of his episodes to appear like he was stranded.

Les made a video, I forget what its called but he lived off the grid with his wife, I think in Canada. He knows his shit, his show might not be the wannabe action movie that Man vs Wild is but he at least shows survival techniques that he clearly practices in his own life.

6. U have no idea what Les does off camera, so to say Bear is a fraud and Les isnt is ridiculous.

Bear fucking OWNS Les. Ask any survival expert. In a survival situation u should keep moving and look for people. NOT sit in one spot and eat fuckin grass.

Les is a good survival expert, but Bear has WAY more survival skills, and in my opinion is WAY more entertaining. :D

By the way, this thread is a repeat.

7. I have a big amount of respect for Les, if you were stranded out in the woods, hunfry, thirsty, tired, sunburnt, or frostbitten. Would you like to shoot one of those camera shots of you walking away in the distance like a 1/2 mi. Then walk all the way back and get your camera equipment and keep on trucking?

That shit would be tough, I would probably give up trying to film shit and just make a camera journal at the end of the day.

8. Go wikipedia Bear. Look at his accomplishments. Then eat your words. :D

THEN wikipedia Les. What exactly has he done??? :confused:

9. Ahaha off camera hes wasting massive amounts of calories moving cameras while still surviving. Bear is teaching people how to get themselves killed as quick as possible.

Your post made me laugh.

Go google bear and "eat your words". I prefer the survivalist who actually survives and doesnt cheat.

10. I understand bear's accomplishments, but that means jack shit when your face to face with a grizzly.

Especially since bear has survival experts who tell him what tree has the sap that is an antibiotic, and what vine can support the weight of a human.

Bear has some credibility to back him up, but I just cant watch the show without thinking about the camera crew being there the whole time.

Really, if you had the resources bear had out in the wild, you would be okay......it might even be fun.

If you had Les' resources you might go crazy or get yourself killed.

11. Neither, Ray mears for the survival win :cool:

The other two are nothing but gimmicky novelty acts.

Oh look a rotting carcass! watch me eat it rating win becuase ~Jackass isnt on Tv atm! oh dear I'm tired of this now, better call my crew in to take me home now :rolleyes:

12. Its TV man. Of course he is fucking cheating. U think Les isnt???? U really think les doesnt have backup and a crew ( right out of site) to make sure he isnt harmed.

Watch dual survival. They even admit to having backup if they absolutely need it. ALL reality shows have ppl there for insurance reasons. Use yer head.

13. Facepalm...Les is legit dude thats why people like him more.

Im sorry to break your fan boy spirit but no fucking shit they have emergency crews ready, Les even had to use the beacon once when his life was in danger.

Hahah your ignorance in your posts has me cracking up. I do watch duel survival I never said they didn't have backup ready.

Les>Bear anyone with a brain knows that.

14. watch the african episde with les. (I forget which desert).

At the end of the episode, after fucking up his water supply, and getting no food he simply ses ï've had enough", pulls out a (satellite?) phone, and calls his crew to pick him up :rolleyes:

15. Wait. So u are saying Bear is a bitch cause he has backup, but now u admit to both of them having backup?

Ok lets do this then. Lets look at both shows on equal ground. They both obviouslt have safety crews there in case of an emergency.

So what does Les do? He hunkers down and waits a week. Then he radios his crew and they pick him up.

Bear tears through the fuckin environment, eating anything he can find that is safe. Successfully hunts and fishes in many of his episodes. He shows u how to scale rock walls, swim in freezing water, make rafts, etc...Then after a few days he radios his crew and they pick him up...

U can call me ignorant all u want. It doesnt mean shit. The facts are there. Look at their accomplishments. They speak for themselves.

16. Omg here we go again.:rolleyes:

Bear is a bitch because he cheated and lied saying he survives when he clearly sleeps in hotels. FUCKING ACCEPT IT. What bear does in his show is NOT WHAT YOU SHOULD DO in a survival situation which is why he is inferior to Les.

Les survives on his own with massive amounts of cameras and calories burnt moving the cameras BY HIMSELF.

Im done pointing out the obvious ill let someone else take over after this post.

17. Dude its tv...

To think that any of the reality shows u watch arent rigged is dumb. They NEED to have people there legally. They cant have people dying for fuckin reality tv. Insurance companies would have a fit.

18. How much time have u spent surviving in the woods? To call Bear a bitch just shows how much of a blowhard u are. Bear would fuckin school u in any outdoor challenge. The guy is ex special forces, has scaled everest, etc....

What have u done? What has les done>>>

19. :rolleyes:

My faviorite thing watching these "survival shows" is bear thow up after eating rotting meat he's found laying on the ground, theres safe, and then there's just stupid shit made for TV ratings.

End of day one Ray mears would have a long bow made, and would be hunting fresh game, which he'd then cook on a fire he lit, without having to borrow either Les or bear's magnesium fire-starter kit.

20. Dude u have to understand that both Les an and Bear are fucking survival experts. They could make a bow too if they had the resources. They are FILMING TV. They are doing what producers are telling them to do.

The reason I like Bear is because he does WAY cooler shit. :D And the guy is fuckin skilled.

Thats not saying Les isnt. He just isnt as cool in my opinion. He is boring. To say he is better because he "films himself" doesnt make sense to me. Who gives a fuck if he films himself!??! Id rather watch him swing from a fuckin vine 100 ft up like bear does, and show me how to scale a huge cliff. :D

U guys can say that stuff is dangerous, but its actually good information to know if u run into something like that.