Lent

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Pot Geek, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Lent is upon us; that season in many Christian churches where you fast in preparation for Easter, the most soloumn feast of the year.

The question begs: what are you giving up? I'm thinking of abstaining from weed. Whoo.. 40 days sounds hard[/i[ though!

2. I am in the process of giving up cigarettes...but for an entirely different reason.

3. Me too! But not for Lent... I'm not "Christian".. anymore. Anyway, good luck giving up cigarettes.. I know it's hard :(

4. Lint? I think everyones question is if its belly button lint or pocket lint.

5. I'm giving up Lent

6. i dont think i could give up pot for 40 days. esp. when spring break and st. pactricks day takes place durring lent. last year i tryed to give up drinking. it did not work. if drinking was hard for me to kick i cant imagin what pot would be like, i would probably be a nervous wreck. this year im giving up coke. not cocain, sodas...that ought to be easier than pot or beer. lets face it sugar is bad for you...it will make you fat.

7. hahah. i did that last lent.. it rocked!

8. giving up church!

I've never been in the habit of giving upanything for lent. I've never been taught it was necessary. I, however, AM quitting smoking as well. I decided I might as well go ahead and do it before it got any harder.