Length of time in germination dome

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stilalive2029, Mar 11, 2008.

1. I have my seeds germinated and in starter plugs, but i am going out of town for 10 days, how long, with plenty of water in the bottom can these seedlings stay healthy in the dome? Can i put nutrient solution in the bottom, or will straight ph adjusted tap water suffice for the time being, with a transplant into my dwc system as soon as i get home?

2. Well in the 10 days you'll be gone your seedlings will have popped the surface; and depending on which way your taproot is growing you could have it showing out the side or just sitting in a pool of water. I'd suggest going ahead and placing your plugs into the larger rock-wool blocks ensuring your young plants root safety. A well saturated plug/block inside of a well sealed dome could be left unattended for 10 days easily. I'd be sure to leave no more than 3/4" of water in the bottom of your tray. I mentioned a good seal would ensure a safe haven, this being because it would do what it was made for; to keep in the humidity. If you have the slightest leak your lid won't stay wet and results will be poor, knowing this from experience. I had to monitor my dome and mist the lid twice a day. I've read that you can add a bit of vegging nutes but I didn't, guess that would really be your preference. I prefer to leave my seedlings nute-less until they're at-least two weeks old, but that's just me. So all in all yes I believe that in a well sealed dome a few blocks of rock-wool plugged seedlings would survive for 10 days. If any of this was of any help; Your Welcome. If not; I'm Sorry I Tried..........

3. that is pretty much exactly what i wanted to know, except i am not using rockwool, i am using the starter plugs, like an inch in diameter, 2 1/2 inches deep, you think these will work like you say rockwool cubes will work?

4. well a tiny root just reached out the bottom of the starter plugs, and i expect by tomorrow there will be a few more, these things have been above "ground" since early this afternoon and they are already reaching for the light, things are like an inch tall at least...when is the soonest i can move them to the dwc bucket? I leave in 2 days, can i drop them in it right before i leave, so altogether 4 days in the starter plugs, or is that just not enough time to get started?