Lemonberry Haze Orignial sensible auto, micro-grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by ka0s420, May 26, 2019.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  1. Looking good and getting big :D

2. Thanks man, yeah I'm happy it's perked me up a bit, but then so does a good reefer :love-m3j:

Forgot to mention also, I was able to get those pretty clean closeups by just holding my jeweller's loupe up to my phone's camera lens. takes a bit of pissing about, but they're quite good and I could have got better still if I'd been a bit more patient.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. The pictures still turned out nice though. I don't like the loupes, just been using my phone and zooming in lmao

Still waiting on my USB microscope to arrive (hopefully Friday) :(

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hope it's good for you dude. Whenever I zoom in with my phone cam, it pixelates, whereas with the loupe it keeps the zoomed out resolutions which works nicely for me. In fact I may do this just when using the loupe to check the plant as I struggle much hard to get the loupe to focus and show what I'm trying to look at. I may just get a macro lens attachment as it will be easier to hold etc too.

When you say usb camera, do you just mean like a decent webcam or a new device I've not seen before?

• Like Like x 1
  5. I had problems with my phone doing that too, someone told me to hold down the circle in the center until it locks and pull the phone back a tiny bit before taking the picture. It made a huge difference lol

I stumbled across the USB cam on Reddit. This guy posted some amazing pictures and everyone kept asking what camera he used. He said "the device works immediately when plugged in just access your camera on the start menu, some options do need to be messed with because its 2MP by default but goes upt to 5MP in the windows options for the microscope."

I figured I'd try it out since it's pretty cheap
    Amazon

Here's the pics that sold me :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. thanks man, ill check it out :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Best way to get the pictures you want is to be recording a video with the jewelers loupe and screenshot the photos. I used this method on my last grow during the last few weeks of flower. It works perfectly.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Day 29, beginning of the month 2. Just a couple of pics and some things that are bothering me. here's how she's looking:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Lst is going pretty well, she should have about 11 tops when I finish, possibly more *shrug*. I also defoliated her a bit about three or four days ago, took older leaves as well as some that I couldn't be bothered to tuck or lst out of the way of bud sites, but as you can see from the pics, she's bounced back without a hitch, with much of that lost leaf being replaced by the newer stuff still coming through. The new light and a perhaps last does of worm castings probably helped. Also been giving more cal mag on alternate feedings. Though tonight I gave her a reduced cal mag with some more bonemeal(stuff smells pretty gross :/).

Now as you know I recently replaced/upgraded the light and it had one side effect that I really didn't consider and that is heat. The heat in my tent shot up a fair bit and on the first day I was looking at temps between 29 - 34c which is too much obviously.
    So for example, to give an idea of temperature ratios or whatever, it's 14c outide, it's 20c inside and it's now 27c in the tent. This time of year that 14c is low, and it's a sign of high heat soon to come. So i need to try and get the tent temp to be as close to ambient as possible, soon or it will get too hot and the plant will probably bolt(airy buds).

So that was problem 1, problem 2 is that I keep getting a whiff of ganj around my flat. When I sniff around the tent it doesn't smell. When I sniff the exhaust vent, it smells of carbon only, but in my bathroom and other places i keep smelling it. It's weird and it's making me paranoid tbh. Now when I was looking at venting and cooling and such people were talking about having more than one port open at the bottom of the tent for passive intake, so I did do that for a couple of days which seems to help with the cooling, but the negative pressure seemed to disappear also (tent sides not sucked in) so now I've gone back to just one bottom passive intake and the tent suck is back, however that still leaves the heat issue.

Not sure what to do. Originally was going to try an evaporative air cooler and new tower fan(that oscillates unlike current clip on fan). But then I thought about upgrading the exhaust fan, as it only has 105cfm, although that should be more than enough. Also, my vent fan and carbon filter were part of a kit. The description says the fan and the filter are matched which is good, but it doesn't list the actual cfm of the filter which means I could end up worse off smell wise if i get a new fan with too high of a cfm as the filter wont have enough time to scrub the air. For sure going to buy an Ona block or two as I need these for when I open the tent anyways as smell escapes, but yeah, any ideas are welcome, if not I'm sure I'll sort it out.

Anyways, sorry for the essay and hope you're all doing well and having fun with your grows etc etc. Peace out
    :smoking-banana:

• Like Like x 1
  9. If you’re venting the exhaust back into the home, venting it outside or into a ceiling or attic would be more efficient. Maybe try moving the tent to a cooler part of your house? I have an area in my flat that tends to be about 5-10 f cooler than the rest of the house. It helps a good bit, though heat is also an issue for me so my advice might not help a lot

New Grow:
    Grow #1 - White Widow Auto

10. Yeah it's what most people say tbh. Been reading a lot, and its the same sort of advice i was reading before getting the setup, but sadly I can't really do either. I live in what we call a bedsit, which means I have a bathroom and then one room to live in. So there's nowhere really to move it, and this flat does heat up allover. Both exposed outer walls face south so get all the sun all day long. And lastly I'm hoping that if anyone sees the tent, I'm hoping with the layout of this very small flat that I can make it look like one of those portable wardrobes. The flat is rented so can't make holes into the attic, and handymen etc doing work for other flats in the building could find it, which leaves the window, but to get the full benefit of that the pipe hanging out would be a giveaway.

It is a conundrum, may just have to live whatever I get. I might downsize on the bulb, as that's the source of the heat, just means buying yet another light. It is near a window and vents from the top, and when the bathroom and main room windows are open they create a fairly strong though-draft so that helps some.

• Like Like x 1
  11. My area gets very hot, so we all have ac’s. What I did was fabricate my exhaust tube to look like those window ac vents for the portable units. It looks 100% Legit from the outside, though this is legal in my area for up to 5 plants so not too much of an issue. I do like to keep things incognito, don’t need that additional attention. You do have a lot of options, keep doing some research.

New Grow:
    Grow #1 - White Widow Auto

• Like Like x 1
  12. Damn your plant is looking wild my dude! Keep it up. I have been so busy I can barely keep up with my own thread, I can't wait to see what yours looks like a month from now.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I also like that you got new lights and a tent! Im sure this experience has gotten a lot easier since then.. lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. Okay, update. Day 34

Okay so I realised a quick and dirty way to get rid of the excess heat was to remove the cfl reflector hood. even though it fit in the tent, it was big enough to stop air flow and was creating a hot pocket just under the light, which is bad when you need to get your cfls down low :/ Still, removing the hood did drop the temp by about 4 degrees which was nice, but whilst hanging the light with twisties I noticed a glaringly obvious problem with my light...

[​IMG]

Like, only half of it was lit up. The damn thing was so bright that I hadn't noticed sooner because i'd been avoiding looking at it.. lol. Which also means this 300w cfl was only putting out 150. So in a further bid to lower temps and get a new light, I opted into getting a cheap led light. I'd avoided them in the past because my tent was on its side, 50cm being nowhere near enough space. at 100cm, I'm still asking for trouble, but this light has 120 degree reflector cones, so it is designed to go a bit closer to plants at the expense of light pen im guessing. So we shall see.

alien ship...
    [​IMG]

alien bewbs...
    [​IMG]

Gave her a feed of calmag and sulphate of potash today, her first bloom nutes (probably would have started them sooner, but they only arrived today). Here's pics for day 34:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

last pic taken using the cheap clipon macro lens for my phone. Should probably get a holder and blutooth cam controller to counter my shaky hands.

Looking good I reckon :)
    Yeah it is pretty wild. I've been defoliating to help get light in and what not, but I have seen this style of LST referred to as the chaotic style. So that's mainly why :D

Well, I was using the same tent in the beginning, only on its side like a propagator tent. New lights can be fun, but as you'll already have noticed I have yet another new light. Needed something that would run cooler.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Oh and those ona blocks really work, very strong scent that overrides weed. Made me feel light headed tho so wont be using it unless I have to

and also the new light, it's true power is 130w underdriven (right term?) 2x150w cobs.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Those cobs look pretty nice. i’m sure you’re plant will like that with the spread out canopy. maybe use the other light to run a new grow! Plants don’t really have a smell until the flower stage so you can run something perpetual possibly

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1