Lemonberry Haze Orignial sensible auto, micro-grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by ka0s420, May 26, 2019.

1. #1 ka0s420, May 26, 2019
    Last edited: May 27, 2019
    Hi everyone :passtheshit:

Quick history -
    Iv'e grown twice before, the first time with cheese photos. Four with a decent sized tent and using MH and HPS lights. The second grow was auto white dwarf, using CFL. However both of these grows were about ten years ago now; so although my growing knowledge has grown over the years, my practical skills have pretty much reset to as if I hadn't grown before :hide:
    This is my first grow journal ever - so looking forward to it :sneaky:

Current grow -

Environment -
    This time round, I have extremely limited space. I'm growing in a 50cmx50cmx100cm tent, that's lying on its side. So a total height of 50cm, depth 50cm and length of 100cm.
    As for the lights, I'm also growing with an extremely limited wattage, using just 96watts of t5 lighting. I went with this because it's easy to manage temps, and the t5 style lights are longer rather than wide, which works well with the way my tent is laid out.
    In the tent I'm using 4" ducting, with extractor and carbon filter, with one 6" clip on fan for cooling and to agitate the plant and strengthen it's stem.
    Fabric pot, mix of all purpose compost mycorrhizia and perlite. PHd tap water. As far as I can tell, this grow will be completely organic. For fertiliser I will be using worm castings for N, bonemeal for P and sulphate of potash for K. Although, the compost will be more than enough for a while at the start I think.

Genetics -
    Original sensible seeds auto Lemonberry Haze.

"Lemonberry Haze Auto is a Feminized and Auto Flowering strain created by breeding Auto Blueberry Ghost OG x Lemon Haze"

Buy Lemonberry Haze Auto Original Sensible Seeds FEM | Original Seeds Store

Method -
    Because of the limited height and room in the tent, this is basically a bit of an experiment. That and I've never grown with such weak lighting before.
    The method is simple though, I'm simply gonna to be trying to LST the lady to grow sideways rather than up. The plan is to train her to run sideways so she can still grow to a medium size, whilst taking advantage of the t5 fitting's length.

Pics -
    The grow is already on the go. We're at day 8 as of today. Not much of interest so far, but I have been taking photos daily. I'll just put the best pic from each day up for now :love-mj2:

day 1

[​IMG]

day 2

[​IMG]

day 3

[​IMG]

day 4

[​IMG]

day 5

[​IMG]

day 6

[​IMG]

day 7

[​IMG]

day 8

[​IMG]

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my grow. Feel free to ask questions and make suggestions - however please be aware that I have very limited money and I know this isn't going to turn out the best quality. Thanks again all :gc_rocks:

• Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Im pulling up a seat!!! Stretch that Lady oooouuut!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Heheh, gonna bend her over first :giggity: Welcome to the party dude :passing-joint:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks man, I got your new grow on watch also. Good luck bud.

5. Awesome! Just realized you’ve been a member since 09. Kudos for still being active lmao.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeah that was during the last of my first two grows. I was toying with the idea of doing a journal back then, but felt it was too late. Then I stopped growing (though I kept on smoking it obviously :D) and now I'm back ten years later. Still, nowhere near as impressive as if I'd been active growing and on the forums here. I'd be a moderator or shit by now, lmao.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah, honestly same story here. Except it was about 5 years ago for me. Also, my grow was unsuccessful lol.

Our plants are roughly same age. Excited to see the differences between our grows!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah I saw you joined in 2014 and did a little disappearing act for a year or so. Ah, a belated commiseration for your fallen plants dude, that sucks. I've yet to have failed grow, but if it was going to happen this would be the one to watch haha. Sadly I didn't maximise my first grows, I just let them grow straight up, I had no idea about the apparent power of LST back then, LSD sure, but not LST ;)

Cool about the age the age similarities, I'm on day 10 today. I'll probably just be throwing up pics at the end of each week, unless something interesting or shitty happens. And ditto buddy, I'd say we should hang on to our seats, but it's a slow game :love-mj2:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Excited to see how this goes. Crazy to see the growth that happens in just a few days
    :weed:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks my dude, yeah it is kinda crazy, they seem to go through growth spurts. The first being fuelled by the seed, the second as the photosynthesis starts to kick in, and again at the start of flower. At other times it can be like watching paint dry haha.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. As you asked ;) Here she is at 12 days:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I added a little eggshells for some slow release - mainly because I couldn't be bothered to keep grinding them up. The powdered eggshell is in a dark container with water, getting all nasty, which can be mixed with watering and it's similar to calmag. She's still very small, but look healthy enough; she drooping in the last pic because of just being watered and misted.

Got some worm castings arrive:

[​IMG]

Should be able to start using this and some bonemeal in another week or so.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Looking good and healthy! Nice growth. Crazy to think how fast they’re about to start growing.

New Grow:
    Grow #1 - White Widow Auto

• Like Like x 1
  13. There's only one plant - in case you're getting confused? I think it's a 7 gallon pot, Could be wrong though. It's the final pot so no transplanting, but it's still too big for one auto I think... o_O It is crazy yeah, I just hope this one gets to around two feet by the end. Hoping it's not super dwarfy, but it is showing its indica heritage. We shall see.

14. 7gal is not too big for an auto (using present day genetics). Aim to grow/water you root ball, not your pot. 7 gallons of soil needs more water to saturate than a 2 week old plant that has not filled the pot. Moisten your top soil for absorbency(in the beginning stages), then water @ the base of the plant(where the root will be branching from). As the roots fill the pot, you can comfortably and freely water.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. yeah I read something fairly recently about watering in similar fashion. I have been watering around the plant more than onto the base of the stem, so encourage outwards growth of the roots. I nearly learned the hard way at the very start because i watered the whole pot, with the aim of getting run off - I nearly had mould issues as the medium took about 4 days to dry... Luckily nothing came of it, and I've been careful with the water since. Also not just pouring the whole lot in one go, but giving the soil time to breathe between pours helps to not drown the poor thing. I'll try watering from beneath on the next go though, thanks for the idea man.

Given the right conditions I imagine it could fill up the 7gal, but i just meant that it's not the most efficient size for me as I want to keep the size around 2feet if possible. Also, on future grows, the tent will be back upright and I'd hope to squeeze two plants in, and with 7gals in that instance, there won't be enough room :(

• Like Like x 1
  16. 5 gal is enough for autos

New Grow:
    Grow #1 - White Widow Auto

• Like Like x 2
  17. I must admit some confusion on the pot size subject, as people often say the size of the pot dictates the potential size of the plant, but if the put is too small the plant becomes root bound which has adverse effects on the plant's health. So I'm fuzzy about how that actually works if anyone has pointers?

• Like Like x 1